advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What supplements do you make sure to take on an empty stomach?

As others have stated it's more than likely the Zn. Per our discussion awhile back on taking Zn on an empty stomach for better absorption rate and/or interference with phytic acid enriched foods. If it's causing discomfort on an empty stomach, take it with your meal that's not incorporating phytic acid enriched foods. You'll still absorb Zn.

I'd suspect your primary interests are the lipid modulating effects of Citrus Bergamot? If so, I believe we scratched the surface on talking about taking your Citrus Bergamot prior to bedtime being that Citrus Bergamot facilitates very similar to that of a Statin by-way of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitory actions. The circadian cycle of HMG-CoA reductase expression is higher during sleeping hours. So, if your primary interests are of CB to help modulate your lipids, I'd take it prior to bed to get the most bang for the buck. I believe you stated you eat shortly before bedtime? If so, take the CB an hour or so on an empty stomach prior to your last meal of the night.

Either way AM or PM is in preference by the individual, which is fine. Given the literature on the circadian cycle of HMG-CoA reductase expression, I personally would take it in the evening hours if my primary concerns are lipids.

Ideally I'd be taking 1000mg AM and PM on an empty stomach. Yes, I barely ever go to sleep on an empty stomach and if I do...alcohol is usually involved lol. Unless I have too much alcohol...because then I have to eat. So yes, back to the subject..I take CB 1000mg on an empty stomach in the morning and really just don't ever incorporate it back in at night due to food, work, alcohol...or any and all three combined. (I work in nightlife...when jobs existed..lol..sigh.)

Stewie...I love ya man..but if you think I pay attention to which foods have phytic acid in them or could ballpark the amount of phytic acid I generally consume in the typical day..you've got the wrong guy! LOL

zinc causing it

UPDATE:
Very interesting. Today I dialed the zinc back from 45mg to 30mg and no issues at all. Perhaps I have to move that extra dosing to another time during the day. It is Zinc Methionine 15mg per cap with 1mg copper.

I wonder how IP6 and Zinc would mix together since IP6 chelates zinc

You answered your own question. It would lessen the absorption rate.

IP6 is a phytic acid.
Phytic acids based foods are abundant in whole grain foods, nuts and seeds and beans.

Presuming you take IP6 before bed or in the middle of the night...and Zinc upon waking..they might not interfere.

Just thought I'd make this thread since people mistakenly take things at the wrong time or with the wrong things, while some others cite research - whether published or anecdotal when taking their supplements. I also had forgotten until recently that zinc shouldn't be taken with a meal...which at one point I knew but completely stopped doing for some reason. Here goes..

Citrus Bergamot
Zinc
IP6
Super Bio Curcumin (sometimes) since I think I remember certain positive studies were reflective of it being taken on an empty stomach.

Whats your dosages on the supps....particularly the IP6 and how does it differ from regulat Inositol?

Whats your dosages on the supps....particularly the IP6 and how does it differ from regulat Inositol?

Citrus Bergamot 1000mg morning
Zinc Balance (jarrow) 45mg morning (my stomach has been upset so dialed it back to 30 and taking 15 at another time during the day.
IP6 is on my shelf and I have not implemented it yet. I would take whatever Dante recommends on his IG page. Currently I cannot recall.
Curcumin (life extension) 400mg

Citrus Bergamot 1000mg morning
Zinc Balance (jarrow) 45mg morning (my stomach has been upset so dialed it back to 30 and taking 15 at another time during the day.
IP6 is on my shelf and I have not implemented it yet. I would take whatever Dante recommends on his IG page. Currently I cannot recall.
Curcumin (life extension) 400mg
Thank you brotha.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear