over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What Supps Add to TRT?

Jimcollins

Newbies
What should I add in addition to TRT and HGH for most muscle growth and overall health?

Should I take Creatine and/or any other supplements? What should I take in addition to a multi vitamin, metformin, fish oil? Looking for the Cadillac or plans.

Well which ones do you actually need? There isn't some list of essential supps everyone should take. It's a very individual thing and too many just add stuff because they think they should because everyone else on here is using it. Before adding something ask your... do you actually need it... will you benefit from it. There are so many examples and one being would you add a supplement that is known to lower blood pressure if you already have very low blood pressure. 200 guys on here may be taking it and getting great results from it but it doesn't mean you will. Another example if you are eating oily fish 3 times per day do you need to take added fish oil. Your diet and your individual needs and blood markers are all important things to consider before adding in various supplements.

If you are on TRT, it is likely you are 40ish or over I would think. That said, heart disease is the #1 killer of men. So IMO your supps should be directed toward heart health. Here is what I take. Do your own research to see what you feel is best for you:

baby asprin
ubiquinol
vitamin d/k combo
turmeric
krill oil
l-arginine
l-citrulline
pomegranate
ZMA

For "bodybuilding" purposes....I take creatine and iodine (thyroid function). But don't expect anything special from those. The heart stuff is where you should invest your money IMO.

Vit D

I think 80% of this country is vit D deficient.

There was an interesting hypothesis in regards to Covid 19 mortality rates, and vit D deficiency. Dr Rhonda Patrick talked about African Americans having poorer outcomes in some regions due to melanin, and vit D deficiency due to poorer absorption as a result.

Food for thought

Vit D

I think 80% of this country is vit D deficient.

There was an interesting hypothesis in regards to Covid 19 mortality rates, and vit D deficiency. Dr Rhonda Patrick talked about African Americans having poorer outcomes in some regions due to melanin, and vit D deficiency due to poorer absorption as a result.

Food for thought

That was a great podcast...

She also stated how Vitamin D regulates 5% of our protein genome, that’s crazy.. Makes it super important.

Also that magnesium is needed to be able to covert Vitamin D into its active steroid hormone form.. Here’s the post from her IG..

She also states that if you have inadequate Magnesium levels and have proper levels of Vitamin D, it could still not be converting the Vitamin D to its active form so it’s basically like being vitamin D insufficient...

Attachments

• 57439CB1-0A13-4AD8-84E9-4256BDE9B901.png
    57439CB1-0A13-4AD8-84E9-4256BDE9B901.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 12
That was a great podcast...

She also stated how Vitamin D regulates 5% of our protein genome, that’s crazy.. Makes it super important.

Also that magnesium is needed to be able to covert Vitamin D into its active steroid hormone form.. Here’s the post from her IG..

She also states that if you have inadequate Magnesium levels and have proper levels of Vitamin D, it could still not be converting the Vitamin D to its active form so it’s basically like being vitamin D insufficient...
Is that a fact? I always thought regular magnesium levels being boosted by supplementation would just boost Vitamin D levels. Are you saying that you can test for Vitamin D levels and for example..be between 60-80, but it wouldn't be properly functioning?

Is that a fact? I always thought regular magnesium levels being boosted by supplementation would just boost Vitamin D levels. Are you saying that you can test for Vitamin D levels and for example..be between 60-80, but it wouldn't be properly functioning?

Cant speak for Nemz but this is what I understood from the interview also.

Here's a little tidbit a pulled from pubmed after researching it:

"Magnesium assists in the activation of vitamin D, which helps regulate calcium and phosphate homeostasis to influence the growth and maintenance of bones. All of the enzymes that metabolize vitamin D seem to require magnesium, which acts as a cofactor in the enzymatic reactions in the liver and kidneys. "

Im not saying it, but I believe Rhonda is.. I was Vit D deficient recently so have been supplementing with D3 and I feel a lot better, a big noticeable difference, but I’m just adding in Magnesium now so I’ll see how it goes.. I never tested my magnesium levels though so can’t confirm the question you presented.. I may be/have been deficient in that as well lol..

But I definitely trust her word, she’s extremely smart and has quite a few peer reviewed publications in the biochemistry field..

stay up on all your vitamins and nutrients, magnesium, vitamin D, and zinc in particular.

if you want to be healthy, do lots of cardio and be a healthy bodyweight. keep an eye on your blood pressure and take medication if necessary.

the pursuit of maximum muscle and the pursuit of maximum health will take you in two opposite directions.

I can't speak for the validity of the science behind it, but I had heard something similar a short while ago that just because you have good vitamin D blood levels(60-80) it may not translate to improve health because what you really need to measure is the levels in the cell. In other words, there are some instances where it is not able to get into the cells in sufficient levels to be beneficial. They suggest testing your vitamin D in the cell, but apparently there aren't a lot of places that have this test or at a cheap price yet either.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but does anyone know which magnesium test is optimal to ensure optimal levels? I see an RBC test for magnesium and a serum test too.

It's been a while since I've been taking magnesium of any sort even though it's importance is immense..so I'd like to check my vitamin D levels currently as well as magnesium levels and then see where they are at before adding supplemental magnesium and seeing where both climb to in a couple months.

Organic Black Seed (Nigella Sativa). Buy organic seeds in whole..spice grind up 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon at a time and consume freshly grounded powder mixed in with warm water and honey=Magnificent health benefits that includes anti inflammatory effects, heart protective agent, lowering bad cholesterol while increasing the good, immune system boost, fertility aid, increases natural testosterone and decrease bad types of estrogen, nitric vasodilation properties, omega 3's and the good fats, fiber for digestive health, liver protective compound (Protects and detoxifies liver), kidney protector, etc etc..I could go on and on and on. The evidence?
Google it :)
I find whats very interesting about all of this..when the studies showed that the patients took the black seeds..they didn't need their synthetic pharm medicine anymore or at the very least..they needed less than half of the dose..then the studies were abruptly ended..and the people who funded the studies halted it because it was showing to be too powerful and protective and big pharm had a very big vested interest to make sure that from now on..all black seed and black seed oil studies remains "inconclusive" or "insufficient evidence" as the doctors love to tout..if you see what the doctors say about it.
Look into it...

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but does anyone know which magnesium test is optimal to ensure optimal levels? I see an RBC test for magnesium and a serum test too.

It's been a while since I've been taking magnesium of any sort even though it's importance is immense..so I'd like to check my vitamin D levels currently as well as magnesium levels and then see where they are at before adding supplemental magnesium and seeing where both climb to in a couple months.

Just did some research on this, you can get a blood serum test but some doctors don’t like it because when your body is stressed your cells release magnesium into the blood steam so your test might come out higher than what it really is..

There’s the RBC test which measures the amount of magnesium in your blood cells

Then there’s an “EXA Test” which measures the amount of magnesium in your cells and it’s done by mouth swab I believe But supposedly more costly and uncommon to have done... May be the most accurate though..

For someone buying in the US, are there any good ”all in one” items I can buy so I keep as little bottles as needed in the cabinet?

What should I add in addition to TRT and HGH for most muscle growth and overall health?

Should I take Creatine and/or any other supplements? What should I take in addition to a multi vitamin, metformin, fish oil? Looking for the Cadillac or plans.

yes,beta alanine, creatine, depending if your creatinine isnt too high, agmatine or citriline malate

This is my very basic outline of what I believe to be staples..

Performance:
Creatine Monohydrate or HCL
Citrulline Malate
Taurine
TMG (betaine anhydrous)

Health: (Heart, Kidney, Blood pressure, prostate are the keys)
Omega-3
Vitamin D (and K if you are not on anti-clotting meds)
Ubiquinol
Arjuna
Curcumin
Magnesium
Pomegranate
Garlic
Astragalus
Apresflex

You will not be able to find legitimate all in one products for these but you could likely find products that have 2-3 compounds each in them. Some that come to mind are Cardiosolve from MPA, J-Flex from The Lab, Prejym preworkout etc.

I can't speak for the validity of the science behind it, but I had heard something similar a short while ago that just because you have good vitamin D blood levels(60-80) it may not translate to improve health because what you really need to measure is the levels in the cell. In other words, there are some instances where it is not able to get into the cells in sufficient levels to be beneficial. They suggest testing your vitamin D in the cell, but apparently there aren't a lot of places that have this test or at a cheap price yet either.
My understanding has always been that raising magnesium raises Vitamin D levels, so yes..it activates more of it. I have not and do not think that it means you can have readings of decent to high vitamin D levels that are not accurate or efficient because it's not "activated".

How much taurine have you guys been using? I ran out. I was using 1-2 grams before bed.

This is my very basic outline of what I believe to be staples..

Performance:
Creatine Monohydrate or HCL
Citrulline Malate
Taurine
TMG (betaine anhydrous)

Health: (Heart, Kidney, Blood pressure, prostate are the keys)
Omega-3
Vitamin D (and K if you are not on anti-clotting meds)
Ubiquinol
Arjuna
Curcumin
Magnesium
Pomegranate
Garlic
Astragalus
Apresflex

You will not be able to find legitimate all in one products for these but you could likely find products that have 2-3 compounds each in them. Some that come to mind are Cardiosolve from MPA, J-Flex from The Lab, Prejym preworkout etc.

Vitamin K with baby aspirin ( 100 mg ) ?

What you mean anti-clotting meds knight ?

Sory if i sound stupid im not english

How much taurine have you guys been using? I ran out. I was using 1-2 grams before bed.
4g or so in my pre workout/intra workout

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224