over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

Bigger, faster, stronger doesn´t always mean better, today´s NBA basketball is pretty crappy to watch compared to that of 20 years ago and no one here will live to see a better basketball team than the USA´s 1992 Olympic team, there´s an element of skill and natural talent to every sport that seems to be taking second place to height and muscle, now everyone is looking for the next Usain Bolt even if it´s to play lawn bowls.

Men´s sport is already dying when its participants are self destructing and some of our brothers are dying in their 40´s, even Arnold had to speak out against the direction abdomens are taking. What´s funny is you don´t see those on women, it would be fucking gross wouldn´t it? Then why are they tolerated on men?

I feel like that can't compare because there was zero worldwide basketball parity back then because. There were no international nba players until after '92 and that's when it started becoming more popular.

The dream team was great but they never faced anybody close to the taken of the '04 Argentina or '08 Spain teams.

I feel like that can't compare because there was zero worldwide basketball parity back then because. There were no international nba players until after '92 and that's when it started becoming more popular.

The dream team was great but they never faced anybody close to the taken of the '04 Argentina or '08 Spain teams.

^^^ Meant can't compare to this discussion, not can't compare to the current nba talent (don't want to argue that because it's a losing debate no matter what side you take).

I´d much rather be 6ft 230 than a lot heavier and have my fucking belly arrive at the gym 30 seconds before I do and be huffing and puffing from the twenty steps I had to take from the car to the gym door. It wasn´t magic that created Berry´s physique it was sanity and an appreciation of aesthetics, no need to ridicule him since what´s ridiculous (IMHO) is guys today looking like they´re carrying triplets onstage.

How you got that I was ridiculing Berry Demey out of that I'll never understand. Were you even paying attention? You must be a millennial and it must suck to be your girlfriend. You miscomprehended, then stated the obvious as if you had some sort of wisdom to share. Neither of which are ever conducive to advancing a discussion. The sky is blue, water is wet, it's better to have a flat belly than a distended one. :banghead:

Rex.

well..no flame but...say what you want but WE the fans are the result of the bigger faster stronger shit going on today and the bloated muscles. And it's everywhere look at baseball or football physiques 10 20 even 30 years ago.
I always chuckle when people claim the 72 dolphins are the greatest football team of all time, they couldn't be a HS team today.

I don't know if the men's sport will ever self destruct like women's bb'ing did and continues to erode, but we see new freaks a lot more often than we did back in the day.

The fact is that everyone (whether they can admit it or not) is drawn to the "freak factor". Whether its BB or as you said in ANY other sport. We want to see people do super-human things.
Hell - even at the zoo we love to go see the huge animals.

And you are right - the NFL players of the past were some tough ass dudes, but now the game is exponentially faster and even with the player safety rules in place the collisions are more violent (I am not talking about the open field - Ronnie Lott laying out a receiver whose stretched to his limit - obviously those were brutal)
And WHO would want to watch the NFL is things went in reverse? I am sure there are some that will say they would, but the fact that the players are doing things we only dreamed of is what makes it so special.

How you got that I was ridiculing Berry Demey out of that I'll never understand. Were you even paying attention? You must be a millennial and it must suck to be your girlfriend. You miscomprehended, then stated the obvious as if you had some sort of wisdom to share. Neither of which are ever conducive to advancing a discussion. The sky is blue, water is wet, it's better to have a flat belly than a distended one. :banghead:

Rex.

"A 6 foot Olympia competitor under 230. Just think if these guys now had the magic juice like these guys had. Too bad it had to go and lose it's magic we'd really have some huge fuckers now of they could get their hands on that magic that created 230 pound O competitors at 6 feet tall"

That´s where I got it from, it reads like you´re mocking a 6ft tall Mr. O competitor for weighing under 230 and you did mention Berry de Mey, but yeah, maybe I misunderstood and you weren´t being ironic and really meant what you wrote. I´m not a millenial and don´t have a girlfriend at the moment but from all the feedback received during the years being my girlfriend doesn´t suck too much, I´d be happy to prove it to you if you provide me with a girlfriend :) Regarding wisdom, I´m always happy to share what I have and help when I can, no need to get personal.

My first cycle was 400 mg of test cypionate per week and 50 mg of injectable winny per day. I loved it back then, I was 29. I'm 46 now and follow the same cycle and look just as good.

I would say stuff today is as good as the stuff back then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Bruh lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170524-231026.jpg
    Screenshot_20170524-231026.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 173
More fun to watch back then? Yes, for a variety of reasons. Talent isn't one of them though. Today's stars overall are superior to the talent in the 90s.

As a former professional athlete, I want to make sure that I read your last sentence within context. Are you saying that today's stars are "superior" talent wise than the guys of the 90's?

If that's what you're implying, I would say that is incorrect. The "talent" itself doesn't change, the talent pool may, but the talent itself does not. Statistically speaking, the average weight of players today compared to the 90's is anywhere from 15-20lbs higher now. Reason? Technology. They have realized that athletes with muscle are no longer taboo, their careers are lengthened and performance increased. In high school, weights were taboo for us baseball players, the 80's-90's they were taboo for pros too (obviously some guys utilized them).

As far as talent, defense statistics are down. Why is this important? Well, defense isn't as vital today as it was in the 90's. Fans don't care about steals, blocks (they like them, but not "important") and defense overall. Refs are quick to call fouls, QUICK.

3 pointers per game is up as well as 3 point attempts per game. Offensive rebounds down while defensive up....because guys shoot and stand there for the cameras.

It's not that the talent is superior, it's that the game has changed. Not at it's core, still have to score more than the other team, but how it's played has changed.

^^ Good points. If you watch Pistol Pete from the 60/70's - he would have every shooting record possible had there been a 3 point line back then. There was a guy years ago that watched every college and professional game Pete Marovich played in and factored in the 3 point line. I am not sure of the numbers but it was pretty insane - the points that The Pistol would have had.

I can also say that it will be a long time - if ever - that we see another freak show like Shaq. Until you see him in person its very hard to comprehend his size.

As a former professional athlete, I want to make sure that I read your last sentence within context. Are you saying that today's stars are "superior" talent wise than the guys of the 90's?

If that's what you're implying, I would say that is incorrect. The "talent" itself doesn't change, the talent pool may, but the talent itself does not. Statistically speaking, the average weight of players today compared to the 90's is anywhere from 15-20lbs higher now. Reason? Technology. They have realized that athletes with muscle are no longer taboo, their careers are lengthened and performance increased. In high school, weights were taboo for us baseball players, the 80's-90's they were taboo for pros too (obviously some guys utilized them).

As far as talent, defense statistics are down. Why is this important? Well, defense isn't as vital today as it was in the 90's. Fans don't care about steals, blocks (they like them, but not "important") and defense overall. Refs are quick to call fouls, QUICK.

3 pointers per game is up as well as 3 point attempts per game. Offensive rebounds down while defensive up....because guys shoot and stand there for the cameras.

It's not that the talent is superior, it's that the game has changed. Not at it's core, still have to score more than the other team, but how it's played has changed.

I actually had this exact debate at a lunch table a few weeks ago and people were divided.

I think there are more stars in the league now than in the 90s, by a very CLOSE margin in my opinion. We can list players name for name and go over their accomplishments.

I think some rule changes have contributed to higher scoring in today's game.

I was a die hard fan back then and still am today. Many people like to remember the past as if everything was always better back then. I remember it fondly myself, but I think overall, there are more stars now (minus the center position).

Last edited:
^^ Good points. If you watch Pistol Pete from the 60/70's - he would have every shooting record possible had there been a 3 point line back then. There was a guy years ago that watched every college and professional game Pete Marovich played in and factored in the 3 point line. I am not sure of the numbers but it was pretty insane - the points that The Pistol would have had.

I can also say that it will be a long time - if ever - that we see another freak show like Shaq. Until you see him in person its very hard to comprehend his size.

You have to remember the competition in the 60/70s was poor compared to now. Everyone glorifies Bill Russell for winning 11 championships but what they don't mention is there were only 10 teams in the league back then and the competition would be a joke by today's standards. Same applies to Oscar Robertson averaging a triple double back then. Westbrook's is far more impressive due to his competition.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear