over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

90's

It astonishing how uneducated some of these guys are about some of the drugs but it just goes to show you that the average Professional Muscle gym rat probably has more knowledge about these compounds than people who have insane genetics and dont have to look into "the secret" as much

Tom Platz talks so slow some of the time its really hard to listen sometimes (probably best to listen doing a cardio session)

Ronnie and Aaron Baker

Tom Platz Backstage Secrets of Pros pt 1 - YouTube
Lmao;

Ronnie: I took 2 anadrols but got headaches so only took 1 a day after that.

Ronnie couldn't tell you the difference between an amino acid and a hormone (this is no insult to him, he was one of the most driven bodybuilders), but look at what he looked like.

Reminds me of the jacked black kids in my gym benching after basketball everyday to get big arms. And most do have impressive arms

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My first experience was in 1983, one of my bigger friends and HS team mates blew up over the summer between our sophomore and junior years. His dad was a city cop and big ass body builder. I didn't want to really get bigger but I wanted to be stronger and faster. Fast forward to his dad giving me and a couple of other guys little brown paper bags full of pills and besides telling is not to tell anyone about it, he added "its what they do in college". He said take one a day, so we did. I don't know what it was, he told us, but we didn't think about remembering it; all I knew is I was getting what I wanted.

My first experience was in 1983, one of my bigger friends and HS team mates blew up over the summer between our sophomore and junior years. His dad was a city cop and big ass body builder. I didn't want to really get bigger but I wanted to be stronger and faster. Fast forward to his dad giving me and a couple of other guys little brown paper bags full of pills and besides telling is not to tell anyone about it, he added "its what they do in college". He said take one a day, so we did. I don't know what it was, he told us, but we didn't think about remembering it; all I knew is I was getting what I wanted.
Lol. Most likely some Dbol. I swear sometimes I think there are more cops out there on gear than any other profession. I mean look at Ronnie. Not a single person in law enforcement would ever believe that physique could be attained naturally.

Do you think that bodybuilding was a good use of the limited time you have on earth?

Horrible, horrible waste of time.
:confused::lightbulb:

It will depend on the person and the circumstances of how they live their lives.

The way it is for me, is that it is definitely worth training and possibly smart use of PEDs (think of something like test only) while eating well to get relatively big and lean. What isn't worth it, is using every single PED in existence for years on end in order to grow to be as humanly large as possible. There is no financial or social reward in that.

I watched the Lee Priest video a few weeks back and it is cringeworthy. He lies in it and it's so obvious. I need to see it again as I have forgotten most of the details but if you listen closely you will understand what I mean. He said he would use stuff before a show but would sometimes stop 1 or 2 weeks early because he couldn't be bothered injecting himself anymore. Just completely downplaying aas and acting like they are only needed for better recovery. I am sure he was a fairly low doser but definitely not like he says. I know he is a genetic freak but just pure nonsense and he contradicts himself a few times in it. Even though it's obvious who they are he was the only one not bothered and didn't have his face or voice masked. But so often many of the I am no bullshitter and tell it how it is are the worst ones (Rich Piana etc). Similar to today some used next to nothing and others used much more. I actually like Lee Priest videos but definitely take what he says with a grain of salt... such as his pr lifts in the gym.

I have always said that about Ronnie. I have watched all his documentaries and I don't want to be rude but it's astonishing how stupid he is when it comes to bodybuilding stuff. It just shows you if you do the basics with the right genetics that's all you need. He literally was given a diet sheet and told what drugs to take and he followed it with no thought of his own. You can't not like the guy though but he is the prime example of genetics and not needing to overcomplicate things when it comes to bodybuilding. The basics and hard work and consistency will get you further than any special drug protocol or fancy training system.

Last edited:
The further we get away from things, time wise, the better they were.

Many guys who were average baseball players on my high school team relive their "glory days" and remember it much different than I do. They remember being studs, but never got the "chance" or "break".
I played college and pro ball and have no qualms telling you I feel I got lucky. I don't think I was as good as people thought I was even though I was good.

Same with old high school football players. They were the best on the field, never played college ball. Have a friend that played D1 college and CFL with contract talks with NFL before ACL tear, doesn't constantly talk bout it.

Everyone wants to remember the "good ole days" as the best of the best. Why don't you guys check out the AAS testing thread at Anisci, the ugl gear being tested kinda throws a wrench in the "ugl gear sucks/underdosed" blah blah blah

I couldn't agree more. Everyone always wants to remember the old days like they were some mythical time where everything was amazing and nothing ever went wrong. This pertains to everything, including things like sports when guys try to act like Patrick Ewing were better than Lebron James or something. Or when people try to say life was better before cell phones.

For those of you who didn't read the long article because of one comment about "monkey features"...your loss

Good info and it mirrors what two family members of mine did back in the 80's. They always bring up that his whole "we barely took anything bro it was genetics and hard work" thing is total bullshit. Sure they couldn't get a lot of things but as one of them told me hey would take what they had. That could mean grams and grams for weeks in a row but if sources and funds got low that may mean 200mgs of deca only for weeks.

It's funny one of my cousins (both decent amateur bbers in the 80's) were telling me he stayed on 500-800 mgs of deca only for over a year because he had a ton on hand and lost all sources so he took that and huge bolus amounts of dbol when he could find some. Could you imagine if someone posted "can't find anything else guys gonna stay on 600mgs of deca and 10 to 200 msg of dbol a day for the next year". Lol!

While many push the doses now it actually seems a little more "Wild West" like back in the 80's and 90's sort of a "take as much as you have whatever you have".

You'd be surprised. Follow Matt porter. He's gotten underdosed pharmaceutical gear twice now

I've noticed a big difference between prescription compounded Test and mass produced amps/vials, i.e. Watson or Schering. The big name stuff is much more potent comparatively.

Is there validity to this or just your thoughts? Not trying to make a smart ass comment, but legitimately wondering as I know very little about ugl manufacturing from back then.

From the article, it sounded like they rarely used ugl outside of masteron and deca if they couldn't get hg. Sounded like it was mostly hg and vet stuff... If the dude was legit of course.
No validity, scales weren't just invented yesterday. "They just eyeballed it", lol ok bro.

Well sadly the 80's was before my time by the early 90's was when I started in the gyms.
My god it has changed so much in almost 30 years.
I recently went back to the town in which I grew up in, small but big town for Maryland outside DC VA huge metro areas....I mean when I moved to the south they teased and called me a "fucking yankee" I grew up round deer hunters gun racks in trucks sweet tea and all that shit...lol so to call a marylander from the eastern shore a yankee was comical.

We had 3 "gyms" a health spa, a raquet ball club that only had nautilus machine and broken down YMCA. The HS I went to had a universal machine set up - remember these - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/232146555771871166/

Now they have like 20 gyms Anytime Fitness, 24 HR fitness O2 fitness, planet fitness et all one in every shopping center.

Guys mainly got there stuff from old doctors that would prescribe steroids - like anadrol (removed in 1993) and Steris labs (RIP 1997 FDA shut down) and nobody touched organon deca cause it was too expensive in the pharms.
Black market was non existent unless some boy went to mexico and made a run, I remember paying $40 a pop for pre loads so I laugh when people claim we were high dosers back then -obviously those living in close proximity to mexico had better supply and could do more an we had a chronic abuser here and there. One guy had an injectable d-bol from mexico 25mg/ml oil based from Quimper labs. but any specialty shit was far and way and until the fina kit pellet phase nobody did tren as para was gone by 1996 and finaject was gone in 1987 30 mg/ml. There were snail mail order sources you could risk sending money too in the UK Thailand India and SK as well.

Then when the mexican steroid market blew up in the late 1990's early 2000's people had more options like QV ttokyo et all ...then came the UG madness and "how much can we cram in a mg per ml"craze..even Loeffler and Tornell expanded selection and raised mg/ml to stay in the game.

These days there are things that amaze me I see every day with solvents being used of god knows what ...a guy I was training said he was gonna take what the pros were raving about and sent me a list of what was offered to him...never heard of the UG lab but descriptions below:

50mg Testosteron PhenylPropionate
50mg Trenbolone Acetate
50mg Nandrolone PhenylPropionate
50mg Masteron Propionate
25mg Tbol
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Tbol
25mg Superdrol

25mg Test No Ester
25mg Nandralone No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol
25mg Tbol

TestMastTren 300
100mg Testosterone Phenyl Propionate
100mg Trenbolone Acetate
100mg Masteron Propionate

Superdrol 30mg/ml

Methyltrienolone
3mg/ml )

-Dbol/TNE
50mg Test No ester
50mg Dbol

-Dbol/TNE/Anadrol
50mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

-Dbol/TNE/Tren No Ester/Anadrol
25mg Dbol
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Anadrol

Guys claim these are the favorite blends of pros...I shudder to think what solvents/chems are being used to get all that in soln of it's even possible.

Either way you guys got it made today, and don't even get me started on GH and peptides and sarms.

The biochemist in me is having an anaphylactic reaction reading that first blend..that would take some skill to make properly.

The biochemist in me is having an anaphylactic reaction reading that first blend..that would take some skill to make properly.

I would love to see it tested. That would make interesting viewing. I would be shocked if it contained everything it states. In the highly unlikely event it did I would buy some :eek::D

I would love to see it tested. That would make interesting viewing. I would be shocked if it contained everything it states. In the highly unlikely event it did I would buy some :eek::D

I would too, but I have serious doubts as to the legitimacy. My guess would be some but not all of the stated compounds are in there. I'll be around a phd chemist tomorrow night im going to show the first blend to him. He doesn't know the individual steroids but if I give him pictures of the structure and some info of each off pubchem he would be able to determine solubility

"Mostly back then we didn’t get a lot of gynecomastia because I think the stuff that was coming out was so high quality that we didn’t get a ton of sides"

LOL. The ignorance was strong in that article.

I would too, but I have serious doubts as to the legitimacy. My guess would be some but not all of the stated compounds are in there. I'll be around a phd chemist tomorrow night im going to show the first blend to him. He doesn't know the individual steroids but if I give him pictures of the structure and some info of each off pubchem he would be able to determine solubility
Please do, I'm very interested in truly knowing if this could even be done. I can't wrap my mind around getting that many compounds in there and having stability...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

"Mostly back then we didn’t get a lot of gynecomastia because I think the stuff that was coming out was so high quality that we didn’t get a ton of sides"

LOL. The ignorance was strong in that article.

The ignorance is very strong but I think that's what makes it so interesting. This is a guy speaking for that generation and that's how their brains worked back then. It's interesting how silly it all was.

Back in the day if you were on 500mg test, 400mg deca and 700mg primo that's exactly what you were using.

Nowadays, if you're on 500mg test, 400mg deca and 700mg primo, you're more likely on 1.6g of test.

So, what he says makes some sense.

Definitely interesting... although I'd have to argue with his statement saying the quality of gear today is "100%" shit. I think aas were commonly overdosed because of lack of technology, at least for ugls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UGL's didn't exist back in the 80's.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear