over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

Richiec,
Yes I do have a great memory of 30 years ago, I have my journals and pictures from my many shows and the progress leading up to them. I have been juicing for over 30 years and I think I know my shit. I still have a few Parabolon amps I picked up in France and several boxes of Syntex (Spain) anadrol in my stash. While I don't have enough (only 3) to do the parabolon, I do take from time to time the anadrol and even the 25+ year old tabs I do take blows anything else I am taking away.
Allex,
I agree with everything you are saying,

Unless you lived through it and took the stuff, you cannot compare it. The stuff now, even if it is mg for mg, isn't the same, you can debate all you like but it is not. I have written before on this board, the little I took back then, and the size and strength I received cannot compare, granted I am old now but the response to the drugs are not even close. Perhaps this is why people take 2-4 time more than we thought imaginable back then.

I could've written all of this.

I respect Rex's opinion, for instance. He took it, doesn't think it's special, so be it...

What I don't understand is people parroting "an mg of test is an mg of test" without ever trying these legendary steroids from the past.

I have heard more than one guy say they kept a few tabs of this or that and that they take it today and it blows anything out of the water.

I don't know what causes the appearance of these special batches or brands, but IMO they do exist. And I'm not talking about an overdosed product. It's a superior product, plain and simple. More results with less sides...

So you've used this old school, back in the day, magically, potent gear and today's gear and can confirm no difference in quality? It wasn't "better" back in the day? I find most of these guys had no clue how much they even were taking back then yet they recall it now lol. People are more concerned about the numbers these days. Older guys I have spoken to always seem to have the same theme "we took one dose and when that wasn't enough we took another dose", etc. Today, guys are looking at the actual amount of gear being used per week more carefully.

Back in my day we walked 10 miles uphill through blizzard snow to get to the gym. Then we would train for 5 hours, slapping each other in the balls before each set. Afterwards we would walk the same 10 miles uphill again to get back home. We'd slam down a dozen raw egg and piss razors. Those were the days!

So you've used this old school, back in the day, magically, potent gear and today's gear and can confirm no difference in quality? It wasn't "better" back in the day? I find most of these guys had no clue how much they even were taking back then yet they recall it now lol. People are more concerned about the numbers these days. Older guys I have spoken to always seem to have the same theme "we took one dose and when that wasn't enough we took another dose", etc. Today, guys are looking at the actual amount of gear being used per week more carefully.
You must know some real dumbasses. I don't know anyone who says shit like that. Dosages were very much set and adhered to with much less variability in dosage than you have now. And yes of course 20 mg oxandrolone in 1988 has precisely the same efficacy as 20 mg oxandrolone in 2017. That's just common sense not to mention pharmacology 101.

Let me ask you, the guys who tell you stupid shit like this, are they still on and did they ever stop? Or are they 240-250 pound lean jacked 50 year olds who've been on the last 30 years? Most will be in the category of the guy in the article, no longer involved, or like Alex described his experience with the test when he stopped and went back. People like this are much more apt to develop these strange ideas that 200 mg test is less potent in 2017 vs 1987. Find me a 240-260 pound lean healthy jacked 47-55 year who never stopped who can't tell you what doses they took in the 80s and who says drugs have magically become weaker over the years. These are hobby bodybuilders with shit connections who believe these things. If a person had trouble getting juice in the 80s when it was legal and could only use this or that because it's all he could get this is hobby bodybuilder and you should disregard anything he has to say.

Rex.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Professional Muscle mobile app

You must know some real dumbasses. I don't know anyone who says shit like that. Dosages were very much set and adhered to with much less variability in dosage than you have now. And yes of course 20 mg oxandrolone in 1988 has precisely the same efficacy as 20 mg oxandrolone in 2017. That's just common sense not to mention pharmacology 101.

Let me ask you, the guys who tell you stupid shit like this, are they still on and did they ever stop? Or are they 240-250 pound lean jacked 50 year olds who've been on the last 30 years? Most will be in the category of the guy in the article, no longer involved, or like Alex described his experience with the test when he stopped and went back. People like this are much more apt to develop these strange ideas that 200 mg test is less potent in 2017 vs 1987. Find me a 240-260 pound lean healthy jacked 47-55 year who never stopped who can't tell you what doses they took in the 80s and who says drugs have magically become weaker over the years. These are hobby bodybuilders with shit connections who believe these things. If a person had trouble getting juice in the 80s when it was legal and could only use this or that because it's all he could get this is hobby bodybuilder and you should disregard anything he has to say.

Rex.

Rex,
I am that 240-250 lb still pretty "jacked" almost 51 YO guy who hasn't stopped since my first cycle in 1985. Hard to understand your point. I sometimes forget I'm married but never have I forgotten bodybuilding or the drugs I take.
While drugs were harder to get in 91-93 because of the switch in schedules, my European connections made sure everything I took was real and on point.

Rex,
I am that 240-250 lb still pretty "jacked" almost 51 YO guy who hasn't stopped since my first cycle in 1985. Hard to understand your point. I sometimes forget I'm married but never have I forgotten bodybuilding or the drugs I take.
While drugs were harder to get in 91-93 because of the switch in schedules, my European connections made sure everything I took was real and on point.
So you believe there is some magical quality that hormones possessed in the 80s that they no longer have? When did 200 mg test start not to be 200 mg test for you? Drugs Iike all of a sudden lost their magic or they gradually lost their magic? If we showed you a test of something you took then, properly dosed and a test of something you're taking now, properly dosed, how do you reconcile in your mind that what you're taking now is less magical? Besides the fact that you've been doing it for 3 decades obviously. I can't think of a single person like you or myself who believes that 200 mg test is weaker in 2017 vs 1987, well now I know you I guess, LOL.

Rex.

Let me ask you this: which of these did you have a chance to try?

- Sustanon by Organon
- Hemogenin by Aventis

The Sus was great although any high quality or HG test is same...
Hemos on the other hand, the BEST...Shree Vanketesh 2nd, Balkan 3rd....every other Drol I've used the past 18+yrs garbage(dozen brands)

Well, just think if we had this magical juice back. Shit, Big Ramy would 450 instead of 350. What's his name here would be 300 instead of 250. I was training the other night in Gold's Venice they play old bodybuilding contest videos now on the big screen. It was Berry Demey who's about 6 feet tall they listed his weight he was 229. Then Ed Kawak, guys I used to think were huge obviously, Kawak was like 216. They were on the magic juice. A 6 foot Olympia competitor under 230. Just think if these guys now had the magic juice like these guys had. Too bad it had to go and lose it's magic we'd really have some huge fuckers now of they could get their hands on that magic that created 230 pound O competitors at 6 feet tall. ?

Rex.

Hemos on the other hand, the BEST...Shree Vanketesh 2nd, Balkan 3rd....every other Drol I've used the past 18+yrs garbage(dozen brands)

See? Exactly what I'm talking about... Then you test those dozen brands and they all test good. Now explain that to me.

See? Exactly what I'm talking about... Then you test those dozen brands and they all test good. Now explain that to me.

Yep, Every Drol but Shree were fucking garbage...Shree though are shockingly good(I can't do more then 1.5/day or I feel ill good)

Maxibolin (Ethylestrenol) from organon was pretty big back then. Anybody remember that?

Well, just think if we had this magical juice back. Shit, Big Ramy would 450 instead of 350. What's his name here would be 300 instead of 250. I was training the other night in Gold's Venice they play old bodybuilding contest videos now on the big screen. It was Berry Demey who's about 6 feet tall they listed his weight he was 229. Then Ed Kawak, guys I used to think were huge obviously, Kawak was like 216. They were on the magic juice. A 6 foot Olympia competitor under 230. Just think if these guys now had the magic juice like these guys had. Too bad it had to go and lose it's magic we'd really have some huge fuckers now of they could get their hands on that magic that created 230 pound O competitors at 6 feet tall. 🤔

Rex.

Lol.. That's why I love Rex posting... I was about to write the same shit... Now trust me I'm very nostalgic for the 80s and early 90s.. Loved that period in bodybuolding.. But in many cases the disages weren't that different then many today.. Yes many push the envelope today and much of the added mass we see can be attributed to insulin and heavier gh use.. But we have to remember that a guy like eduardo kawak ( who was huge for his time and height) used fairly progressive dosages ( according to nubret) and also used gh.. Yet he topped out for the most part at 220 pounds.. So coming from France im sure he had access to all the parabolan he wanted.. ( amongst other pharma goodies).. But I can tell you the amount of fakes were very present.. As cheap as the real stuff was the fakes were also rampant in that era..

That being said.. I have used the old jelfas... Iranis.. Etc... And have used Ugs like viking...United anabolic.. Pharmacom .. Toraxx .. Genotec and I can tell Ya I can't tell the difference.. 250 mgs is 250 mgs ( if dosed correctly as those are) . Now I can't account for metals in the Ugs etc.. I don't know or see those tests.. But mgs for mgs they feel the same to me.. Now I have used TREN hex a couple years ago from a very respected ug and I saw the tests and it was right on the money.. But I didn't feel the " gains" I did years ago when Negma was available .. Why ? Well I was in my mid 40s at the time.. Lol.. Nothing like great gear in your 20s :D

So you believe there is some magical quality that hormones possessed in the 80s that they no longer have? When did 200 mg test start not to be 200 mg test for you? Drugs Iike all of a sudden lost their magic or they gradually lost their magic? If we showed you a test of something you took then, properly dosed and a test of something you're taking now, properly dosed, how do you reconcile in your mind that what you're taking now is less magical? Besides the fact that you've been doing it for 3 decades obviously. I can't think of a single person like you or myself who believes that 200 mg test is weaker in 2017 vs 1987, well now I know you I guess, LOL.

Rex.

I got no dog in this fight but this is the same bullshit that goes on today when someone posts pictures of a pro or amatuer that has made huge progress in a short amount of time ..and the kids post "he using pharm grade gear, pharm grade GH and Increlex ...every single time.:D

Some of the best gear I have ever used came from UG labs and if you look in my thread of the golden age I used a lot of human grade gear from mexico and europe/middle east and magic was always there for both.

Last edited:
Over the years I've gotten great oils from UG sponsors over the years but orals not the case

Last edited:
I love this shit. So glad I started this thread. I love to hear the OGs come out of the wood works and debate this stuff...While I secretly absorb their philosophy and approach to aas. Combines my two favorite subhects. History and peds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I love this shit. So glad I started this thread. I love to hear the OGs come out of the wood works and debate this stuff...While I secretly absorb their philosophy and approach to aas. Combines my two favorite subhects. History and peds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
why do u think I create controversial threads?

Might be some weird questions, but everybody and their mother comes out with their insight, which if combined is centuries of experience and insights. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well, just think if we had this magical juice back. Shit, Big Ramy would 450 instead of 350. What's his name here would be 300 instead of 250. I was training the other night in Gold's Venice they play old bodybuilding contest videos now on the big screen. It was Berry Demey who's about 6 feet tall they listed his weight he was 229. Then Ed Kawak, guys I used to think were huge obviously, Kawak was like 216. They were on the magic juice. A 6 foot Olympia competitor under 230. Just think if these guys now had the magic juice like these guys had. Too bad it had to go and lose it's magic we'd really have some huge fuckers now of they could get their hands on that magic that created 230 pound O competitors at 6 feet tall. 🤔

Rex.

Today's extra size is more HGH and insulin. We all know that.

What I'm trying to say isn't even gear back then versus gear today, it's certain brands of drugs from certain eras that are completely unmatched, like the original superdrol, Ciba's dbol, kigtropins and such... I find this stuff fascinating.

Today's extra size is more HGH and insulin. We all know that.

What I'm trying to say isn't even gear back then versus gear today, it's certain brands of drugs from certain eras that are completely unmatched, like the original superdrol, Ciba's dbol, kigtropins and such... I find this stuff fascinating.
How are the drugs unmatched? You have no proof of this. Personal opinion is not data to draw conclusions from. Today's size is because we figured out how to use the drugs better, train better, and eat better then the previous generations. Our gym rats look like pros these days relatively speaking. And the pros look like aliens 😁

Everything is better these days. If you don't think so, then something went wrong along the way. Today is better then yesterday for me personally. Will I eventually hit a peak and go downhill, idk maybe in 10-20 years I'll be talking about how great it was "back in the day" hahaha 😂

Rex.

I´d much rather be 6ft 230 than a lot heavier and have my fucking belly arrive at the gym 30 seconds before I do and be huffing and puffing from the twenty steps I had to take from the car to the gym door. It wasn´t magic that created Berry´s physique it was sanity and an appreciation of aesthetics, no need to ridicule him since what´s ridiculous (IMHO) is guys today looking like they´re carrying triplets onstage.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131