over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What to do to raise HDL ??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK , aside from getting off AAS what else can i do to raise my HDL , just got my labs back and its still really low

Been taking , 500mg Niacin a day , 12-18 g Omega 3 caps a day , doing a shit load of cardio.

Granted I've been on a fairly heafty cycle of test i would have thought that it would have not been this low as it wasen't much lower last year and i wasen't taking any measures to raise it !!

So if I get off AAS completly and maintain the above regiment how long should I wait to get another set of labs drawn to see if its comming up or if i should look into meds for it??

I have always had a hard time with HDL. Some random thoughts:

Orals can crater it. Some prohormones are even worse than that (for me).

Arimidex and Letro will DEF tank it.

Nolva actually kept it the same or raised it a little. The ratio of HDL:LDL was still skewed, but it wasn't 1:8 or anything ridiculous like that. So now when I'm on cycle, I only use Nolva. I have Aromasin on standby if needed, and that also hasn't really done much to my HDL.

I've heard of all the statins, maybe Crestor can raise it a bit. But most just drive LDL down.

+1,000 on the Fish oil caps you are taking. Niacin is also a well-known approach.

Make sure you aren't eating too much junk food during bulk stages -- trans fats and the like hurt the HDL as well.

After my cycles (6-9 months), I wait three months and get a blood test at that time. My HDL has always come back.

Well bro, the strongest natural supp to lower bad and increase good is red yeast rice, also black tea extract, don't use them both, that combo is stronger than more statin drugs, but choose one and try it, I would give the red yeast a try. Let us know if you try it and if it works for you, it does for me. God bless you bro

forgot to subscribe to the thread,LOL.

might need to do the niacin 2x a day and it cannot be flush free just in case you were (watch liver enzymes though)

policosanol 2x a day

olive oil

fish oils as said

nolvadex

vitamin D at 6000ius a day

What DC said ^^^^ plus avoiding orals and certain AI's.

I only did any orals the seond half of the cycle (anavar) but i have been running arimidex the whole time.

The Niacin i use is flush free , i'll add another 500mg in the evening. I'm gonna run totaly clean for a little bit and see what happens then if it rebounds I may start a light cruse of test/deca

I only did any orals the seond half of the cycle (anavar) but i have been running arimidex the whole time.

The Niacin i use is flush free , i'll add another 500mg in the evening. I'm gonna run totaly clean for a little bit and see what happens then if it rebounds I may start a light cruse of test/deca

Need to get the version with* the flush as DC mentioned.

Last edited:
My Dr. has me on Enduracing. It works great

The best niacin you could use is Upsher-Smith Slo-Niacin... 1000mg-1500mg in the am.

Incorrect, as DC stated above, it must be fast acting crystalline niacin, and you will only get a 10-20% HDL boost form niacin, max.

When you cycle off, drop the AI as soon as you can, get on nolvadex for a month or so, this should boost your HDL right back up to normal. If you blast and cruise, cruise at real physiological dosages and your HDL will come back up much faster.

Last edited:
My HDL is 41. I am going to get some niacin and vit D. thanks for the tip. You guys think coenzyme Q10 is worth a try?

might need to do the niacin 2x a day and it cannot be flush free just in case you were (watch liver enzymes though)

policosanol 2x a day

olive oil

fish oils as said

nolvadex

I agree with everything here, but I have a question about the policosanol. The only studies I've ever seen that demonstrate a benefit were all done in Cuba. You know, where they grow a lot of sugar cane ... that policosanol is made from? Just sayin' ....

I think other studies not done in Cuba have shown no benefit, and it didn't do squat for me. I know you try to stay up on this stuff ... Are you aware of something I'm not, Dante?

I did see the same stuff....but I kept researching it and researching it and started seeing people post bloodwork or writers would report on what they saw in peoples bloodwork ....and it looked like it actually did what it is purported to do......I dont have those links....as it was about a year ago I was looking thru everything extensively....i did do a little experiment on myself with it with very positive results. I also did a little experiment on myself with red yeast rice Xuezhikang version out of china and yikes it dropped my cholesterol to 104 (too low!)

You need healthy saturated fats in ur diet.. Lauric acid (coconut oil) has been clinically proven to increase HDL levels..

**broken link removed**

Another good read:

The Effects of Coconut Oil on Cholesterol

YES...and for me the biggest changes I made was incorporating 6 whole organic pastured eggs, yes whole, in my daily diet. HDL shot up 12 points in 6 months..

JM

Hmmmm currently im on a small cycle. 500mg test/400mg 1testcyp. I take 12.5mg aromasin ED since it doesnt mess with HDL but its still very hard to keep HDL in check. Seems like nolvadex does a good job. Would adding a small dose like 10mg daily be worth it? Could that cause anything "unwanted" Ohh wait, a drop in IGF levels, thats unwanted lol

Question

policosanol 2x a day

olive oil

fish oils as said

nolvadex

whats the deal with having to watch liver enzymes with niacin? i never realized this. I'm just wondering if someone could fill me in here.

anavar is a great aas but it will def crush you HDL. adex and letro will also.
aromasin will not and nolvadex will help improve it. stop orals and those two ai's and it will come back in a month or two i bet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws