over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what to eat for mass if you can only eat 4-5 meals

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I seem to have been adopted by a 15yr old at the gym , the little fella is 5'6" about 140 lbs , very lean and is half Vietnamise. He realy wants to gain some size and would probably eat dirt if sombody told him it would make him bigger. He cabe to me asking what are some good supps to gain size , so i said first wright down everything you eat and ad what times. Well turns out he is only eating about 1800 cals a day. between 3 meals and one shake.

now the trouble is that he can't eat at school except for lunch time , i think he might be able to smuggle in a couple bars to eat between lunch and breakfast then before he trains , i'm thinking a good protein/WMS shake post workout will realy help as he eats dinner 2hrs after he trains.

anybody have any recomendations.

i was thinking somthing like this

6:00 1 cup oatmeal with 40-50grs protein mixed in

9:00 high cal bar of some sort (30g protein , 30g carbs , 7g fat)

11:30 burger & fries or fried chicken strips (typical cafeteria food)

2:30 proten bar + serving of almonds

3:30 train

4:45-5:00 shake 50g protein , 50g WMS

7:00 5-6 oz lean meat , 1/2cup white rice , mixed veggies teaspoon EVOO

9:00 casein protein shake , serving of almonds

i realy would like to stear him down the right path and away from AAS that is rampant at his school , i think that these kids are really selling themselves short juicing at such a young age and would like to make an example with him that it ai t about the drugs

anybody have any advise

Right off the hop I would add whole eggs and whole wheat pasta before bed.

It's in his geens not gain size/weight.

I think that's great that you help folks who ask for it. Especially if they are genuine and want to learn from you.

supreme protein bars are 400 cals 30grams isolate and 18 grams fat 10gr carbs i believe. If he bought these by the box it wouldnt be bad they taste great.

after every meal have him drink a shake with 50g carbs (from oats ground up) and 50g protein. Thats 200g carbs/200g protein every day on top of his regular intake (hopefully at least 200/200 from food also). 400g carbs and 400g protein should kick him off on some nice gains I bet if he's been maintaining at 1800!

kids lack discipline and all confused and awkward at that stage, not sure of school 'security' codes these days, fng retarded, anyways,,,,im pretty damn sure you can bring food as much as you need to,,,and 10min break between each class he can shove down one or two pbj sandwich wash it down with weightgainer or carb drink

if he thinks kids will make fun of him, whch they will, tell him to man up and mature out of that, thats more important, he wants to be big cuz everyone is insecure at that stage, so mental and physical enlargement both will balance him, IF you relaly want to help him out.

being asian have him eat regular food, dont do whey yet, cheap whey has alot of lactose, he might get sick, and also he just wants to be big, so he just needs calories period. i say eat eat eat whatever in sight till full.

but have him start force feeding slowly,,,,over eating is bad anyways, so i say start with cal densed food several times a day, then slowly switch to more volumous food then on and on

it should be simple, but its going to require alot of food and money at that age with that metabolism.

How much protein can sombody his size absorb at one time , I'd hate to have him try to eat 60-70 grams at a sitting if he can only absorb 40.

He realy likes milk and it doesn't bother his stomach but he drinks Skim milk so I might have him get some whole milk

Hes not worried about what people say at school alot of the guys their workout but are baddly missguided.

I'm trying to find out how long a whey shake will last before it goes bad or breaks down , I've heard that whey starts to break down and loose its effectivness quickly and that after an hr or so its useless , I can't see that being true but I remember hearing that years ago.

He wants to be huge like Jay Cutler but both his parents are very lean small framed people though neither of them work out for any size or strength , his mom could easly compete in figure and I'm desperatly trying to talk her into it.

If he's only doing 4-5 meals have him get in about 40-50g protein per meal.

Protein is important, but for growth he needs to focus on carbs and fat too.

I'd have him get in 200-250g protein per day
at LEAST 300g carbs per day
and 40-60g healthy fats

That would be a good start. He may need more carbs and fats though, you'll just have to monitor and adjust.

If he's only doing 4-5 meals have him get in about 40-50g protein per meal.

Protein is important, but for growth he needs to focus on carbs and fat too.

I'd have him get in 200-250g protein per day
at LEAST 300g carbs per day
and 40-60g healthy fats

That would be a good start. He may need more carbs and fats though, you'll just have to monitor and adjust.

I really appreciate your input Shelby , I've never had the trouble with wanting to gain mass I've always been trying to get fat off

if he wants to grow sub one of his protein shake for 12oz steak or chickenbreast

why is he SUPPLEMENTING if he wants to grow

supplements are to ANNEX items NOT REPLACE

he needs CALORIES Just as much as he needs protein

if he wants to grow sub one of his protein shake for 12oz steak or chickenbreast

why is he SUPPLEMENTING if he wants to grow

supplements are to ANNEX items NOT REPLACE

he needs CALORIES Just as much as he needs protein

he needs to use the shakes/bars for their convience at school and the gym , i guess a big serving of beef would be better befor bed than the almonds and shake
though i'm not sure how well that would settle going to bed an hr or so later

The kid needs to see if he can stomach the protein shakes, I would hate to see him in class when he starts blowing out farts and or getting the runs.

L O L , yea i diden't think about that , i guess bad gas in a quiet class would suck

How much protein can sombody his size absorb at one time , I'd hate to have him try to eat 60-70 grams at a sitting if he can only absorb 40.

He realy likes milk and it doesn't bother his stomach but he drinks Skim milk so I might have him get some whole milk

Hes not worried about what people say at school alot of the guys their workout but are baddly missguided.

I'm trying to find out how long a whey shake will last before it goes bad or breaks down , I've heard that whey starts to break down and loose its effectivness quickly and that after an hr or so its useless , I can't see that being true but I remember hearing that years ago.
He wants to be huge like Jay Cutler but both his parents are very lean small framed people though neither of them work out for any size or strength , his mom could easly compete in figure and I'm desperatly trying to talk her into it.

I can't imagine this being true...other wise wouldn't all the Ready To Drink protein drinks be useless??? If whey does break down tho, he could just fill a shaker with the whey and put water in the shaker at school. Personally I just mix the shake at home and drink it at school about 4 hrs. later and it still tastes the same. Also, if he's gonna take creatine he could mix that in with the protein shakes...I've always had better results with it that way for some reason. Just have him buy a big jug of creatine mono.

forgot to mention that creatine mono can be mix in water for several hours before actually degrading...Creatine Ethyl Ester on the other hand begins to degrade very fast and is also considered useless according to some studies. I remember reading this in some study someone posted on a bodybuilding.com forum about a year ago.

If he's going to be consuming that much protein powder then he's going to need enzymes to digest it better more than likely. I like using NOW's SuperEnzymes, and it makes a HUGE difference. He can also bring pre-made plastic containers of tuna (and either mayo or mustard) and slam them w/ some gatorade and ground oatmeal (as a drink) between classes. The can of tuna has 22g of protein in each 3.5oz can and is cheap too. He may need to learn to eat cheaply b/c if he's going to be a college student, he may as well learn now how to eat on the cheap.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131