advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What training routine made a lagging body part grow?

Nike22

Registered
Newbies
For me it was a video by Charles Glass (aka Yoda) on how he trains delts.
Never had big round popping delts until I did the routine and stuck to it.

1. Seated flys to failure w/1-2 drop sets, pinkies very high, hands almost vertical- start light working on form hitting side delts only. 10-15 reps x 4 sets
2. Standing barbel front raises 8-12 reps using the W curl bar, Glass said to go underhand grip but overhand works better for me. 4 sets
3. Upright rows with the W curl bar, focus on form, go light, go slow avoid injuries 15 reps x 4 sets. Move up when 4 x 15 is too easy.
4. Seated overhead presses - do your heaviest sets after you've smashed your delts 6-8 reps x 4 sets.
Rear delts are trained at the end of back day.
5. Finish with trap work, db or bb, whatever works best for you.

So what routine changed a lagging body part for you?

KISS has solved most issues:

1) put 100lbs on best sets of squats and pulls for reps in gym. Add 20lbs to the scale via work in kitchen.

2) During or after prioritize lagging body part as needed.

1 Increases overall structural mass and potential. 2 maximizes body part to its potential given increased capacity generated by 1. I've found its less about missing some secret exercise/set/rep combo and more about overall muscle and prioritizing to offset genetic predispositions (ie naturally big armed guys need to bring up shoulders and vice versa).

I haven't had success bringing up arms and delts but attempting to really jack up volume now. I typically do 8 sets per part. Adding 3 per week so at 17 now. Just extra volume for tris and side delts. Too early to see results but not " overtraining" yet

When in doubt, do less.

Lagging muscles….will always be lagging muscles. Dennis wolf…..spent his entire life trying to bring up calves…still considered weak…..Ben pakulski….arms behind tree trunk legs and delts….

Adding volume and intensity and putting. Others on the back burner only help a little.

In the words of DC…@get weird with the exercises. If 4 sets of preacher curls progressive overload hasn’t caught up biceps in the past 5 years….6-7 sets ain’t gonna help.

Maybe look into electrical stimulation such as Neufit to try and teach more neurological connection, weird exercises, and I know localized growth has never been proven, but it’s worth a shot to pin local IGF, carnitine, AAS bases just to throw the kitchen sink at it.

I figure if it is systemic (igf, carnitine, AAS bases…..I don’t see how doing maybe like microdosing 5-6 spots with a slin pin WOULDNT create more uptake locally, I mean your literally putting all those growth factors right on top of the muscle.

But like I said there’s zero evidence that would help, but I would try it.

The only thing I have ever drastically brought up was calves…I did the Paul carter/John meadows challenge. 4-5 sets daily of Calves, rotating through 4 exercises. Toes out straight knee, toes in bent knee, toes in straight knee, toes out bent knee. You only take a day off when the bottom of your feet physically hurt. But I’m not sure that applies to other muscles, the calves were built to sustain daily running/walking/jumping for the lifetime of a human.

For me it was a video by Charles Glass (aka Yoda) on how he trains delts.
Never had big round popping delts until I did the routine and stuck to it.

1. Seated flys to failure w/1-2 drop sets, pinkies very high, hands almost vertical- start light working on form hitting side delts only. 10-15 reps x 4 sets
2. Standing barbel front raises 8-12 reps using the W curl bar, Glass said to go underhand grip but overhand works better for me. 4 sets
3. Upright rows with the W curl bar, focus on form, go light, go slow avoid injuries 15 reps x 4 sets. Move up when 4 x 15 is too easy.
4. Seated overhead presses - do your heaviest sets after you've smashed your delts 6-8 reps x 4 sets.
Rear delts are trained at the end of back day.
5. Finish with trap work, db or bb, whatever works best for you.

So what routine changed a lagging body part for you?
Exercises 1 through 3, especially the rotation of the hands on the laterals would have my shoulder joints grinding to an excruciating halt.

Calves by training them as often as possible and also by incorporating some DC sets. They still suck but a lot less.

Quads but mostly by changing excersises. Swapped out extensions and hacksquat as the ones in my gym just mess up my knee.

Side delts by recently shooting them with Syntherol. Just started but looking promising.

DC. And this is without religiously doing the stretches. The program alone works incredibly.

Very often lagging bodypart is caused by using too heavy weight and not feeling the muscle , that was for years for me for my chest. Triceps and shoulders were doing the job.
For back best improvement i had doing 10x10

I wonder how training a lagging part with extreme/mega high volume and intensity, but only once every two weeks would be opposed to the idea of more frequency, less volume.

Very often lagging bodypart is caused by using too heavy weight and not feeling the muscle , that was for years for me for my chest. Triceps and shoulders were doing the job.
For back best improvement i had doing 10x10
I have always struggled with my chest, my shoulders are definitely dominant when benching, I feel it in my shoulders the most and tri's and very little in my chest, I'm hoping after I recover from rotator cuff surgery I can start changing a few things and getting my chest to develop a little more, you have recommendations? You can PM me if you have any suggestions.

First of all reduce the weight to one plate a side and start doing 30 degrees incline , 20 , 18, 16 , 14 , 12 reps. That was your first exercise. Important thing - you take the bar and before you lower it squeeze the pecs just so you have that constant muscle connection and from there you work piston style movement 1 second up one second down. Dont stop , but also range of movement is very important 2 inches before you touch the chest and 2 inches before arms are straight. Look at youtube how pros train. Every rep looks the same. Then move onto machine press 16 14 12 10 reps -same rule here -movement and range and last exercise cable crossover 18 16 14 12 reps. Now- do not increase the weight on bar for at least 3-4 weeks and then every 3-4 weeks you can add the smallest weight in a gym on a side like 1,25 kg. You must unlearned all the bad habits you had for years- it will take months but you will get there - trust me- i did it.

First of all reduce the weight to one plate a side and start doing 30 degrees incline , 20 , 18, 16 , 14 , 12 reps. That was your first exercise. Important thing - you take the bar and before you lower it squeeze the pecs just so you have that constant muscle connection and from there you work piston style movement 1 second up one second down. Dont stop , but also range of movement is very important 2 inches before you touch the chest and 2 inches before arms are straight. Look at youtube how pros train. Every rep looks the same. Then move onto machine press 16 14 12 10 reps -same rule here -movement and range and last exercise cable crossover 18 16 14 12 reps. Now- do not increase the weight on bar for at least 3-4 weeks and then every 3-4 weeks you can add the smallest weight in a gym on a side like 1,25 kg. You must unlearned all the bad habits you had for years- it will take months but you will get there - trust me- i did it.
Thanks for the recommendation, when I'm recovered and back to lifting I will start with that and see if I can start building a better chest. Thanks again

Or just ditch the bench press as most people won't grow a huge chest from it.

Only if you are really good at activating the chest. Your right though, most people aren’t.

Ask @TheOtherOne55, guys that have a PL background, usually have good growth from barbell.

But in PL we practice practice practice keeping shoulders back and depressed, low back arch (creating a very faint decline bench bar path) and “scooping” the press. A great PL, the bar will hit lower on the chest, then as the press happens, the bar path heads towards you head as you press kind like

[ \
=====]

Try 100 rep sets at the end of each workout. For chest, I'll use just the bar on bench press.
Bodyweight Sissy squats or belt squats for legs.
Pushdowns with a very light band for triceps.
My favorite is partial dumbbell side laterals with 80lb dumbbells. By the 80th rep you'll barely be moving the weight and want to cry. My shoulders have blown up since incorporating these.

Ask @TheOtherOne55, guys that have a PL background, usually have good growth from barbell.

But in PL we practice practice practice keeping shoulders back and depressed, low back arch (creating a very faint decline bench bar path) and “scooping” the press. A great PL, the bar will hit lower on the chest, then as the press happens, the bar path heads towards you head as you press kind like

[ \
=====]
I’m exclusively a powerlifter..know exactly what your talking about

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members