over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what types of simple carbs after workout

Bambam30

Registered
Im trying to stay lean and after my workout i have been using 50 mg of whey protein and a sweet potato......well that potato seems wrong.....will dextrose powder add fat? any other suggestions? thanks

post work out

Im trying to stay lean and after my workout i have been using 50 mg of whey protein and a sweet potato......well that potato seems wrong.....will dextrose powder add fat? any other suggestions? thanks

i think white rice works the best.. .i have whey protein with gatorade and 1 cup rice(pre-cooked its 1 cup). 5 min rice is great. so i shoot for 130-150 grams of carbs post work out....all while trying to stay lean...

fyi

1 cup of rice pre-cooked = 2 cups cooked= 90carbs and 10 grams of protein...

Ive not really used protein powder or dextrose for a long time. These days i just cut up a Bannana, mix it in some uncooked oats and eat a tin of tuna or a pork loin. I've noticed no negatives what so ever not having the fast hitting protein and carbs and i don't get that post workout crash i used to with dextrose. I used to just drink a pint of full fat milk and scoop of whey which i found works well. Simple carbs just make me feel shit. Used to do the simple carb thing but there was no noticeable benefit what so ever for me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

For simple carbs postworkout, nothing beats fresh pineapple IMO.

does uncooked oats taste like shit?

Very nice with the Bannana in there. I hate cooked oats, makes me feel sick

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

im going going with 50g dex and 50g of protein right after workout, then eat a solid meal wheni get home

Almost every carb gives me stomach discomfort. I've been using truenutritions karboload. No discomfort digests quick. Mix with some whey protein and your good to go.

One of my friends likes oranges because the vitamin c.

Almost every carb gives me stomach discomfort. I've been using truenutritions karboload. No discomfort digests quick. Mix with some whey protein and your good to go.

One of my friends likes oranges because the vitamin c.

Yep, ditto on that. I also use 1-2 scoops truenutritions karboload with 2 scoops of their cold filtered whey iso post work out.

4-8 oz white potato. Perfect for post training carbs especially when combined with a whey isolate powder.
Peace to all,
M2M:cool:

Subject has been debated for years. Many studies and anecdotal information as well. If your looking for the highest insulin release the dextrose is the way to go. The new best( I think) is to use half from dextrose ,half from waxy maize. This combo gives you a nice insulin spike, while WM tends to build up glycogen with less of insulin response,hence a nice balance. Of course years ago when Muscle Tech started this fad by adding dextrose to creatine , there was a study showing plain old table sugar(half dextrose,half fructose) did the best of job of glycogen loading, oh well play around and see what works best for you. But I really think the half carbs from dextrose , half from Waxy Maize is the cool new combo,IMO

Last edited:
Most of the time I use white rice because its really cheap. But white rice can get old fast. I change it up with poptarts. Recently I have been cooking some pancakes before hand and eating them out of a tupperware at the gym post workout. I have not noticed that much of a difference, except that I look forward to my post work out carbs a lot more. :D

does uncooked oats taste like shit?

grind them in a coffee grinder and drink them.

For me the best post wo is raw milk with wpi.

are we talking immediately pwo, as in within 5-10min of last set or are we talking after as in ~45 minutes? I personally cant be drenched in sweat, still huffin n puffin, still dizzy from leg day or DLs or whatever and eat some hot rice...no way possible, it would be on the floor....

immediatley after- like flex said- sum niiice colddd pineapple juice i found to be awesome...last week, i had a packs of raw cane sugar and just put them in ice water immediatley pwo and drank them while cooling off in the car after a hard leg day...i got that from emeric..

Cereal n flavoured rice cakes or Turkish delight.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131