over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What variabels are you tracking?

Delt123

Kilo Club
Registered
There seems to be this hype to check litterally everything, like BG (even for people that are not on any gh/slin/ peps), sleep with a fitbit, etc. Curious if it is nitpickery or powerfull tools to your Arsenal?

Currently tracking:

-caloriees & macro's
-Bodyweight a few times a week
-bodyfat at 7 points each week
-training: weights/ reps/ volume
-bp every now and then

Something I'm missing?

I don't know if it's necessarily a fad or the new thing.
I just look at it as a way to understand what I've done and continue to progress forward.

For instance, there's a reason why coaches look a weekly pictures.
I just find it a necessity to write down what I've done, what I weigh, how I feel, etc. The best progress I've made to my physique has been in the past 2 years and that was just making suuure I was always taking a step forward and not constantly retracing my steps. I think people just tend to find that people who track are usually more serious and/or look better. Just my opinion though.

I track all of this in a Google Doc that I put together.

Daily BW
Daily macros/Nutrition
Daily drug protocol (this includes any gear and fat loss drugs)
Daily mood/overall feeling
Daily description of how I see myself (I usually just write in the notes section on how I am viewing my daily progress...could be, "look very flat in the morning.")
Log book for every workout
Weekly pictures (started when I had a coach and have just continued to do this even after)

Last edited:
I just look at it as a way to understand what I've done and continue to progress forward.

I just find it a necessity to write down what I've done, what I weigh, how I feel, etc. The best progress I've made to my physique has been in the past 2 years and that was just making suuure I was always taking a step forward and not constantly retracing my steps. I think people just tend to find that people who track are usually more serious and/or look better. Just my opinion though.

Daily BW
Daily macros/Nutrition
Daily description of how I see myself (I usually just write in the notes section on how I am viewing my daily progress...could be, "look very flat in the morning.")
Weekly pictures (started when I had a coach and have just continued to do this even after)

By all means I like tracking and it has been a powerfull tool for me. Just the BG thing lately has me frowning sometimes (if the person claims to be not on gh/peps/ slin).

Weekly pics and discriptons how I feel and look would be a Nice add to my Arsenal I think!

Curious Why you write it down in a Google docs?

My data is usually all separate which is probably not the best thing:eek:

I definitely track too little because the other one is right, it makes a real difference moving forward.

Although sleeping with a Fitbit on when not a pro-athlete might be a bit overkill :D

Daily BW
Daily macros/Nutrition

great post. spot on..

i love to track as many variables as I can without being too ocd about all of it. i have diet/training/supplement/cardio journals from as far back as when I started training and it's fun to look back at pictures at certain times then look at what I was doing training/diet-wise during that time..

Obviously dorian was a genetic freak, but I've been reading his autobiography that came out late last year and he was HUGE on meticulously tracking his training/diet, etc... in journals. he says it's an absolute must..

another thing I've been doing which has been awesome, is getting a DEXA scan every 12 weeks, so I can see how much lean tissue I am actually gaining/how much fat I'm actually losing... I have to drive a little bit to do it and it's not super cheap each time, but i really think it's worth it...

By all means I like tracking and it has been a powerfull tool for me. Just the BG thing lately has me frowning sometimes (if the person claims to be not on gh/peps/ slin).

Weekly pics and discriptons how I feel and look would be a Nice add to my Arsenal I think!

Curious Why you write it down in a Google docs?

My data is usually all separate which is probably not the best thing:eek:

I mean the BG thing WITHOUT being on GH isss a little nuts hahah so I agree.
And the only reason I do Google Docs (technically Google Sheets which is their Excel spreadsheet) is because I can look at 1 sheet which can cover an entire month or more. Rather than having to flip back and find which date and how much I weighed, everything is set in a certain column and easy to find.

another thing I've been doing which has been awesome, is getting a DEXA scan every 12 weeks, so I can see how much lean tissue I am actually gaining/how much fat I'm actually losing... I have to drive a little bit to do it and it's not super cheap each time, but i really think it's worth it...

And DEXA is actually a genius idea dude, something I should definitely do more of. I actually used this thing called an MPort (https://mport.com
I found it at my local mall actually and tried it out, basically 3D body mapping pod that allows you to track changes. Not accurate enough for BF% though, which would have been amaaaazing. But I'm going to start doing this every 4 weeks or so as well. I got one done actually riiiight before X-mas when I was a fuckin chubster.

Looking at your body in a 3D mapped way is seriously eye-opening too. We're so used to visual identifying ourselves in a mirror, no one can turn us around, we can spit around and look at our love handles, etc. So seeing my body in a new way was :lightbulb::eek:

I definitely track too little because the other one is right, it makes a real difference moving forward.

Although sleeping with a Fitbit on when not a pro-athlete might be a bit overkill :D

Exactually this, I feel like there is a bit too much tracking if that makes sense

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws