over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What was your best growth phase?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Thought this would be a cool topic to discuss.

When you grew the most and/or most consistently?

What was the lifestyle like? Training style? Diet? Drug use [emoji16]?

I've never really grown as much as I did in the first year of training, naturally. But then again, when your starting point is 120 lbs, it's only going up from there [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've never really grown as much as I did in the first year of training, naturally. But then again, when your starting point is 120 lbs, it's only going up from there [emoji846]

Honestly....right after my divorce. Had a lot more time on my hands....and was ready for a big change. This was also shortly after the death of my son. I think during the course of going through all that I lost so much weight that I was maybe 150lbs.

I think I started back training for a few months, then hired a coach. Let him dictate all my food and workouts. I started Test at about 300-500mg a week...and 2-3iu's of gh daily (old Mexi stuff).

But the one thing that I did consistently was eat and train. Never missed a meal or training session.

Completely changed my body composition over the course of about 18 months.

Plus being single again.....I had a lot of motivation in improving the way I looked.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

3 times that I remember -
the first cycle of insulin broke the 270 barrier. (had no juice)

the first cycle of GH broke the 300 lb barrier. (was in my early 30's)

my first heavy cycle after being on fake shit for a year.

keep in mind at each of the above events I was eating training and sleeping optimally. No steroids with the insulin mentioned above - so I tried insulin and got 20 solid pounds

I only saw massive changes from insulin the first time, after that was never able to replicated the gains, same with GH - retained most of the weight as well.

Best gains came from training after I adjusted training sets down and frequency...

Went from doing 20 sets for chest to around 3, after 5-6 sets of warm up for example.

I don't care what size cycle people do but my advice would be to come of 2-3 times a year and cruise with sub q low dose GH and low dose 3 x a week insulin as well.

keep in mind at each of the above events I was eating training and sleeping optimally. No steroids with the insulin mentioned above - so I tried insulin and got 20 solid pounds

I only saw massive changes from insulin the first time, after that was never able to replicated the gains, same with GH - retained most of the weight as well.

Best gains came from training after I adjusted training sets down and frequency...

Went from doing 20 sets for chest to around 3, after 5-6 sets of warm up for example.

I don't care what size cycle people do but my advice would be to come of 2-3 times a year and cruise with sub q low dose GH and low dose 3 x a week insulin as well.

When cruising with the sub q test n insulin how would you use the insulin. I have done this myself in the past.

Test E 150mg 1 per week IM
Dropped training to 4 days per week with just 4-5iu insulin pre training.

Worked very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting, massive g. any idea why you think you weren't able to ever replicate that same progress from insulin again?

great thread idea... would be interested in seeing more guys experiences...

Have to go back awhile for this one.

It was my 1st Cycle in 78'
Test Cyp and Proviron ~ AI's and SERMS weren't in use yet.

I was an AAU Powerlifter in the 198 Lb Class, and wanted to move up to the 220 Lb Class.
Had been Training for almost 8 years consistently with a Coach.
So Diet and Training were On-Point.

Finished my 12 Week Cycle at roughly 227 Lbs @ about 10% BF............ JP
P.S.
Smoked a little Weed then, but didn't Drink Alcohol.

DC training using his blast and cruise methodology hands down. The training and food were really what was different about it as I had run very similar cycles previously.

20 years old, my first post contest rebound. Had a very typical beginner bodybuilding training split. I was on omnadren, qv deca, blue hearts dbol and slin 10iu post wo. It was just the right cocktail after being so depleted. I think I went from 195 to 240ish, plenty of water but i looked great compared to a year prior, completely different person. I actually looked like a bodybuilder.

2nd time, 26 or 27 years old, keifi GH with ug test, eq, and winny. The gh changed EVERYTHING, I had no idea what I was in for.

Do you remember your doses on insulin and the GH?

Have to go back awhile for this one.

It was my 1st Cycle in 78'
Test Cyp and Proviron ~ AI's and SERMS weren't in use yet.

I was an AAU Powerlifter in the 198 Lb Class, and wanted to move up to the 220 Lb Class.
Had been Training for almost 8 years consistently with a Coach.
So Diet and Training were On-Point.

Finished my 12 Week Cycle at roughly 227 Lbs @ about 10% BF............ JP
P.S.
Smoked a little Weed then, but didn't Drink Alcohol.
What were your dosages, if you don't mind me asking?

The best gains for me were during my first year of lifting when I was 23 years old. I went from the mid-150lbs to close to 180 in a that year.

I was around 135lbs outta high school and after 4 years in the Marine Corps I had put on 20lbs without lifting weights just doing bodyweight exercises(pullups, pushups mainly with no lower body lifting, just military PT).

I lifted 3xweek that first year, push-pull-sometimes legs but usually armsLol! I worked out at a local small community college with a make-shift gym. It had a flat, incline, decline bench, and a jungle gym for all other body parts. There was one flimsy little squat rack that no one ever used as no one really worked legs. There was usually only 5-10 people working out at the most and we could only go on Mon-Wed-Thur because that was how the Continuing Ed. class was structured. I would try to copy whatever bodybuilder's routine was featured in that month"s Muscle and Fitness magazine(minus legs Lol!)

I only ate canned tuna, rice, and I did not eat a cheat meal for or any junk food because I thought that you could never cheat because that's how the "pros" said they ate in Muscle and Fitness Lol!

I took Weider Mega Mass, EAS creatine, HMB, Vanadyl Sulfate and a few other "hot" supplements at the time. The lady who led the class measured our body fat with a hand held caliper and she measured mine at 5.5% but I'm not sure how accurate she was. I was very lean and defined as I had always been very skinny throughout my life, but now I had a little muscle showing and was naturally vascular. One of my friends younger naive brother who was a teenager asked me if I was on steroids at a WHOPPING 175lbs Lol!

Those were the "good ol' days" when I could eat anything and grow and not get fat.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131