advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What would happen if u stayed on the same calories?

pistonpump

Registered
Ok so this might sound newbie but I was just wondering what would be the result if u stayed on the same calories for say a year?

Say u started with 3500 a day and u weren't adding fat or losing weight but u were on a nice cycle training consistently and eating the same foods.

I supposed there would be lots of other factors such as aromatization and water retention but if u kept the gear the same food the same and the workout selection and expenditure the same what would happen to your physique?

I'm not thinking of doing this just a hypothetical question

Youd be me and look exactly the same. Weight the same, arms measure the same, waist measure the same.

You could possibly bring up a weak part if you weren't training it with proper form or volume before but even then I'd think you'd have to be in a tiny surplus say 150 cal Ed.

As for gear, I run 400-500 mg , different combinations, but look essentially the same if it's 400 test or 200 test/200 drol or 200 test/200 tren

Maybe if I bumped it up to a Gram I'd see recomp or if I was a newbie. I think Mr pepperoni also keeps his calories the same, he's leaner than me but eats less total cal I think he has a log.

I have seen two guy on two separate occasions training hard eat basically the same and just kinda riding a plateau , not gaining size or strength.
They double their TRT dose and this lead to significant drop in bodyfat.
Now was that due to the drugs increasing metabolism or allowing them to train harder.??

But basically if you eat the same , train the same and keep the drugs the same you are going to reach a plateau where you can't grow anymore

I have seen two guy on two separate occasions training hard eat basically the same and just kinda riding a plateau , not gaining size or strength.
They double their TRT dose and this lead to significant drop in bodyfat.
Now was that due to the drugs increasing metabolism or allowing them to train harder.??

But basically if you eat the same , train the same and keep the drugs the same you are going to reach a plateau where you can't grow anymore
interesting, what was their initial and starting dosage?

for me I gain strength (but I also do in a deficit). Now if I were to ever eat in a surplus, I may gain strength faster. My body is very sensitive to adjusting calories I try and stay at 185, but if I bump up calories say 200 per day, ill be 190 in no time, 195, etc. But if I cut calories, weight drops as low as 182 but harder to really get any lower than that.

I have been adjusting my macros lately from high carb, to more moderate carb and higher fat, but weight remains the same since calories are the same, which is to be expected IMO

If one had excess fat to start with then i can see some more muscle being grown. But for a lean individual. maybe a bit more muscle but nothing much.

Ok so this might sound newbie but I was just wondering what would be the result if u stayed on the same calories for say a year?

Say u started with 3500 a day and u weren't adding fat or losing weight but u were on a nice cycle training consistently and eating the same foods.

I supposed there would be lots of other factors such as aromatization and water retention but if u kept the gear the same food the same and the workout selection and expenditure the same what would happen to your physique?

Basically me...I really don't want to put on weight or really lose weight. I average 3,000 calories/day a week (usually in the lower 2000's Mon-fri and more on the weekends so my average is around 3,000).

For me, I came off trt for 7 months to get my wife pregnant so I saw what happens when removing all test and I opposite recomped lol. Weight stayed basically the same but slower added fat and lost some muscle. I was training hard and eating good so it was very slow.

Now..my weight is basically the same but I'm losing some fat and gaining back the muscle. Very, very slowly. I'm basically stapled to 220lbs but i can very slowly see my abs making an appearance, veins coming out, and strength coming back.

Also, when you say stay on the same calories I guess that depends if it's a surplus or not as well and what kind of hormones you are using.

I actually think this is exactly what a lot of people do over age 35 or so. It's not that they don't want to improve but I really want to look lean and good all year, I don't compete and do not really want to get bigger. I also don't want to cut down and be shredded.

This is actually what I’ve done for the past 10 months. My goal was to drop body fat, drop body weight, and get my blood pressure into normal range. The results have been slow and steady which is exactly what I want. I keep improving. Progress is faster when I do cardio. At some points I was doing almost daily cardio for 30-50 minutes. Other times I wasn’t doing cardio. I have degenerative disk disease as I’m sure many of us older guys here have from too many years of compressing our spines with heavy leg day squats, hacks, leg press, etc. When I do cardio too frequently my sciatica acts up. Long hill walks give too much pounding on my spine and I pay the price.

This is pretty much what I do. Maintains weight and muscle, but you plateau on how much muscle those drugs and calories will get ya.

For cutting though, it's good because it keeps me only a few kg away from getting lean. Hate long diets.

So, calories stay the same (stable bodyweight for months), gear the same, but shift the protein and fat ratio higher and carbs lower and lower, same cals, while at the same time increasing cardio, as fat loss slows down. Could be just me, but shiting a lot of those calories to whole food protein and adding some harder (70-80%HR cardio) makes a big difference in getting leaner on the same calories.

Keeps muscle on better and I can increase cardio and still recover from workouts and cardio because I'm not starving. If I really need to drop a couple more percent at the end, then finally I may drop some calories from carbs, or fats if there's no carbs left and I don't want to do spend any more time (or my knees can't handle) and more boring, hateful cardio.

Youd be me and look exactly the same. Weight the same, arms measure the same, waist measure the same.

You could possibly bring up a weak part if you weren't training it with proper form or volume before but even then I'd think you'd have to be in a tiny surplus say 150 cal Ed.

As for gear, I run 400-500 mg , different combinations, but look essentially the same if it's 400 test or 200 test/200 drol or 200 test/200 tren

Maybe if I bumped it up to a Gram I'd see recomp or if I was a newbie. I think Mr pepperoni also keeps his calories the same, he's leaner than me but eats less total cal I think he has a log.
Next time you act like a sly asshole and call me out , tag me. You seem to have selective hearing… from the start of my logs to the end , I said I went from low carb/lower cals to high carb/higher cals and got leaner doing so. I don’t eat string cheese and metrx bars nah 🤡

Next time you act like a sly asshole and call me out , tag me. You seem to have selective hearing… from the start of my logs to the end , I said I went from low carb/lower cals to high carb/higher cals and got leaner doing so. I don’t eat string cheese and metrx bars nah 🤡
Huh? I think you took this the wrong way. First off I'm in my late thirties I don't know what a "tag" is, how to do it, or feel like learning how to do it. I think social media is idiotic and take great pride in just knowing the basics. The tag I know was a game we played as kids.

And I have clicked on your log just to check in on you because your a cool guy and we have similar goals as far as I know (to be lean) and I'm impressed that you have me beat. From our past posts I was under the assumption that your caloric intake is pretty much static like mine. Or if you do increase it it's not by much. Had no intention to diss you and assumed you would see me mention you and chime in.

Me personally my calories stay pretty much at 3000 because I don't want to carry fat. Just like some guys are massive and think if they dropped down to 200 lbs they would look like shit. I could bulk from 185 to 220 easily but with my structure I'd look like shit at 13 or 14 (my opinion )hence why I stay lean at the expense of gains. Also being older no real reason for me to chase size anyway rather be healthy and enjoy how I look.

My apologies man, just in a bad mental frame currently and appreciate it. I read your post wrong and I’m usually just use to getting shit on. Tag is just @ towards a member lol @qbkilla .

You stay lean, as well. Usually always have a dry look when bulking. I think you could make better progress focusing on sources of foods more rather than just macros.

Huh? I think you took this the wrong way. First off I'm in my late thirties I don't know what a "tag" is, how to do it, or feel like learning how to do it. I think social media is idiotic and take great pride in just knowing the basics. The tag I know was a game we played as kids.

And I have clicked on your log just to check in on you because your a cool guy and we have similar goals as far as I know (to be lean) and I'm impressed that you have me beat. From our past posts I was under the assumption that your caloric intake is pretty much static like mine. Or if you do increase it it's not by much. Had no intention to diss you and assumed you would see me mention you and chime in.

Me personally my calories stay pretty much at 3000 because I don't want to carry fat. Just like some guys are massive and think if they dropped down to 200 lbs they would look like shit. I could bulk from 185 to 220 easily but with my structure I'd look like shit at 13 or 14 (my opinion )hence why I stay lean at the expense of gains. Also being older no real reason for me to chase size anyway rather be healthy and enjoy how I look.
My goal now is to maintain leanness while building solid tissue 😏.

Laugh all you want and continue your hatred 👍. I’ll continue in silence @luki7788 I’m use to negativity , so keep it up . Only motivates me further.God bless you buddy

man is laughing because everyone here tells you so many times what to do and you keep doing your own way and you look like an anorexic - it's not really hate, but a reaction that tries to make you change your mind
Laugh all you want and continue your hatred 👍. I’ll continue in silence @luki7788 I’m use to negativity , so keep it up . Only motivates me further.God bless you buddy

This is literally 95 percent of people in gyms. Running gear not training hard eating kinda Shitty never in shape. They take clen and some tren to “get lean” and go on “zero carbs” but get in 100g of sugar from sauces, then ruin their deficit by eating huge cheat meals and refeeding whenever they look small

This is literally 95 percent of people in gyms. Running gear not training hard eating kinda Shitty never in shape. They take clen and some tren to “get lean” and go on “zero carbs” but get in 100g of sugar from sauces, then ruin their deficit by eating huge cheat meals and refeeding whenever they look small
lmaooo

Tbh i would just do 12-16 weeks of caloric excess followed by 6-12 weeks of caloric reduction where you just add some Clen and more cardio.

Keep drugs the same.

I guess that in the end you will stay leanish and grow.

So you will continue your journey into anorexia and drug use? Great...
Awesome comments to start my day. Nah, I’m quitting bb . Stopped and haven’t trained in a week and a half . Too stressed, severely depressed. Just sleeping when I’m able to and trying to restore some joy in my life by playing old school GBA games lol

This is true and really where we diverge into two different topics. You have many here like me over 35, approaching 40, etc. and it's more of a purposeful slow recomp but it's really designed to hold a look on the lowest possible drugs and best possible health until we are 60, 70, who knows.

You are dead on though. I travel a lot and end up talking to a lot of guys in their 20's and they just spin their wheels...spin, spin, spin, and get nowhere.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear