over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What would you do and how............

pushnpull

Newbies
Just got offered a new job which would require me to be on the road for 18 days and home 18 days. The 18 days away, the hours would be long and getting to a gym in different cities would be tough. My question is, would you do anything different with your workout's for your 18 day's home to make up for the 18 days away, or is this going to be a case of spinning my wheels due to 18 days off.....:eek:

You 18 days away from home what are you doing all day? Driving a truck, working in an office?? Makes a big differance.

CROWLER

The 18 days on I would be driving a 18 wheeler with equitment and tools in the back to trade shows for sale and display, so about 10 hours a day would be on my feet selling, and than at nite break it down and head to the next location, could be 50-200 miles away, then head to the hotel. So this is why I say for those 18 days, getting a workout in somewhere would be tough.......

A pal I work with has to travel for his jobon a periodic basis. The hotel he usually stays at has a weight/exercise room. Though not anywhere near what a gym has, at least he can still get some kind of workout in.

Check with the hotel. If they do not have facilities, maybe they know of a nearby gym. It is a tough situation. Good luck.

hmmm

i would just do lots of kenisthetics...

pushups, situps,

you could probably take some bands with you too, and maybe some dumbells of some various weights.. do some walking lunges in teh parking lot, or hallway..

it can be done.. i would be worried about the fat gain, and the meal thing..if you cant eat,... its gonna make your workouts crappy!!

buy those adjustable weights that go from 10-50 pounds and lug them into your hotel room. if you can fit maybe a bench as well if its not too big of a deal. if you could use those 3-5 days a week you might be ok. As far as competitive asperations, you would have to put those off.

pushnpull said:
Just got offered a new job which would require me to be on the road for 18 days and home 18 days. The 18 days away, the hours would be long and getting to a gym in different cities would be tough. My question is, would you do anything different with your workout's for your 18 day's home to make up for the 18 days away, or is this going to be a case of spinning my wheels due to 18 days off.....:eek:

if you train while gone the 18 days will make the difference.

I would structure it this way:

18 Days at home:

3 on, 1 off, 3 day split (E.g. Legs, Push, Pull)
Program focusing on high intensity, lower volume (this will depend on you and how you've trained in the past - it might be more volume oriented). I would basically train so that by the end of the 18 days, you are nearly overtrained ("overreaching" is the term often used) - not quite - but your gains would be slowing soon. Eat like a monster, lots of rest.

18 Days on the Road:
1 on, 2 off, a 2 day split.
Take the first week and take it easy. You will benefit from adapting to what you did during the 18 days at home. Maybe no training for 3-4 days, then first two training sessions (1 on, two off), train about 75%.
Thereafter, FIND A WAY to train hard, 1 on, 2 off with a 2 day split (upper and lower or Push and Pull) DC style training or how Phil trains would be a great choice. (Would also be a great choice above, but I'm not sure what you do now / what works for you.)
Feel free to take it easy during the last 3-4 days on the road, as you'll be home soon and ready to start the next 18 day period of kickin' ass.

The days on the road, you're basically trying to get a small overreaching effect and then maintain your strength / size until you can train, eat and rest properly again at home.

Just one idea. There are other ways, too. 8^)

-Randy

i would train and eat like a freak for the 18 days you are home...

6 days a week, 2 or 3 way split depending on preference and time under ur belt...

then i would eat lean, no carbs, high protein... and do light cardio the 18days you are away.. maybe EOD on the cardio..

then when you get back eat and train heavier than the previous 18days...

repeat..

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236