advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What would you do if you couldn't be a bodybuilder?

probably be going more the culinary route, and also get involved with bjj/mma. bjj is my second sport, like big dave smith.

I personally would...

-Get really involved in brazilian jiu-jitsu, as it's my 2nd most favorite hobby. I'd probably wind up fighting.

-When my girlfriend and I move, most likely back home, my parents are considering turning our garage in to a guest house. If so, I would take my mom's gardening area and transform it into my own garden. She hasn't had a garden in a few years, and I've always been drawn to growing plants. My father likes growing flowers and plants from seeds and bulbs.

-I'd get really involved in dogs. We plan on getting a french bulldog and an english bulldog. I'd love to become involved in breeding, training, and caring for dogs. If the hottest naked woman on earth was walking a puppy, I wouldn't even notice her over the puppy.

-I'd also look for more artistic outlets. I like working with my hands, so sculpting or carpentry or building SOMETHING would stimulate me well. I'm good at projects.

-I'd also spend LOTS of time refining the foods I cook to be gourmet-like. I started baking from scratch when I was 12 and cooking better than the average mother by the time I was 16. My mom could open up her own bakery/restaurant with her talent. I just copied her. To this day, I've never eaten more than a handful of meals cooked by any girlfriend. It's always assumed that if we're cooking, I'm cooking.

When I think about it... the older I get, the more my father and I have in common. Our brains think the same way, we're just drawn to different talents.

Well, first off i am not a bb, but if i couldnt weight train anymore...I would do a lot of the same things as bigdave. I have a lot in common with all of these things listed. I have a blackbelt in bjj and judo, and a lifetime of wreslting. I left culinary school to get my degree in the mortuary sciences. I have two english mastiffs, and would like to get into breeding them. So if i couldnt weight train i would probably go back into some type of competition in submission fighting. I would also look into breeding my dogs. I have also wanted to open some type of little eatery; geared towards comfort foods. I also love construction, and have converted my basement into 1700 square feet of living space. from the flooring,framing, electrical, plumbing, etc I did it all myself and absolutely love these types of projects, but in the end i dont want to think about anymore time off from the weights.

Hey Dave, did you ever hear the mark twain quote about this...

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

not exactly what you are talking about...but thought you might like that :D

Yup, something like that. I never thought badly of my parents. If anything, I'd be lying if I said I had ANYTHING wrong with my childhood... but everytime I take a step back and compare myself to my dad, we're damn near the same. Even told my girlfriend "If you want to know what I'm going to be like when I get old... you've met my dad! Better get used to it!"

Well, first off i am not a bb, but if i couldnt weight train anymore...I would do a lot of the same things as bigdave. I have a lot in common with all of these things listed. I have a blackbelt in bjj and judo, and a lifetime of wreslting. I left culinary school to get my degree in the mortuary sciences. I have two english mastiffs, and would like to get into breeding them. So if i couldnt weight train i would probably go back into some type of competition in submission fighting. I would also look into breeding my dogs. I have also wanted to open some type of little eatery; geared towards comfort foods. I also love construction, and have converted my basement into 1700 square feet of living space. from the flooring,framing, electrical, plumbing, etc I did it all myself and absolutely love these types of projects, but in the end i dont want to think about anymore time off from the weights.

Are you into making sweets or dinner foods? I think actual cuisine is a lot harder... but I like both equally.

Definitely, a "Rock N Role guitarist"!

Probably go back to professional roller hockey

I was entering a grad school program for cognitive science a couple years ago.... would probably still be doing that if I didn't get so wrapped up in this crazy sport / lifestyle :)

Ice Hockey, Ice hockey , Ice Hockey....... anyone who has ever played knows what im talking about!! I especially loved checking people!!

Quad rugby aka murder ball or hand bike racing

Go back to being the front man of a metal band liked that part of my life allot. But this time i'd be a much larger stage presence as opposed to the # 2 lead pencil I was then.

Interestingly, because of some personal circumstances in my life (divorce) I now have quite a bit more free time so to a degree, I am confronted with the same issue- I had ridden motorcycles for years (mostly dirt bikes) so I wanted to get back into racing. (Enduro and cross country/hare scrambles). I did just pick up a ducati hypermotard though... and I live in the SF Bay area right next to the Santa Cruz mountains- so twisties here I come.

As far as martial arts and that, if I wasn't training with weights, I would probably do that.

This thought ran through my head on the drive to the hospital when I tore my pec. It was weird because 50% of my mind was planning my rehab/return, and 50% of me was making an immediate game plan as to what I could do next.

So... what would you do?
I'll be honest here. I would be eating tacos, burritos, drinking beer and fucking hookers everyday in Tijuana.

Nothing

Not sure I would do anything different. The gym only consumes 60 - 90 minutes of my time each day. I would still continue to eat as healthy as I can.

Probably fall back into old habits of drinking with mates,eating mac donalds and thinking ill have to try and lose this belly next year:mad: Id have to be in a bad way to quit lifting

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear