over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What would you do?

NixonBCali

Registered
Currently in week 10 of my first Test cycle. Haven't had many sides, besides a little bacne. Started with a dbol kickstart and am running hcg at 1,000iu's a week until PCT. I started at 212lb and 17% BF, I'm now at 230 and between 13-14% BF depending on my water intake. This has been an awesome cycle and of course I don't want it to stop but I was hit up about doing a show the first week of October. This cycle ends mid June so what are my options here? Staying on a full cycle for that long doesn't seem like a good choice. So I'm basically wondering how to minimize going catabolic if I do the show, I hear how crucial it is to keep calories high throughout PCT and after to keep as much of the new lean mass as possible. If I start cutting in the next 2-4 weeks am I sabotaging my cycle completely? What are your opinions on just cruising until after the show?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice. If you need more details on me you can search for my started posts, I have a pretty detailed log going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Since you said that you are gonna do PCT, does that mean you are gonna diet down natural? If you do that, I don't think you are gonna like how that turns out on comp day.

NixonBCali

Registered
Since you said that you are gonna do PCT, does that mean you are gonna diet down natural? If you do that, I don't think you are gonna like how that turns out on comp day.

That's where I'm torn, I feel like if I do the comp, I have to just cruise until the comp. I'm not sure what the opinions are on doing that following my first cycle, or how low of a dose to maintain lean mass on that cruise, 150-200mg/week? Will it hurt my natural test production that much?

Bio

Staff member
Registered
Stay on through June and then switch to short esters as you begin prep for the show...July through the comp in October.

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
Stay on through June and then switch to short esters as you begin prep for the show...July through the comp in October.

That's the best way but it is his 1st cycle and I believe he wants to come off and recover.

OP do yo really need to do the comp? Are you planning to blast and cruise or do you want to come off and recover and basically just run cycles.

There is no point cruising until your comp as you will always be shutdown. If you are going to be shutdown you might as well do what Bio states and switch to short esters and look the best you can for your comp then come off afterwards.

Is the comp essential? It's your 1st cycle and I can see you have a lot to learn so maybe you are best just coming off recovering then doing another few cycles and competing next year.

One thing that stood out is you said you are 13 or 14% bf depending upon your water intake for the day. Water intake can make you look different but it won't change your body fat levels through the day.

Last edited:

NixonBCali

Registered
Appreciate the advice, my water intake definitely makes a difference in my body fat pinch. Maybe if I was using a DEXA scan it wouldn't make a difference but water intake effects bloating and muscle fullness so it throws off my pinches. Not much but it does

I've been researching AAS for about two years before doing my cycle, I just never researched blast and cruises. There's so much to learn I'm not sure I'll ever know enough.

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The thing you have to remember with caliper readings, is that they have to be done in a controlled environment. And they they help establish progress of muscle tissue and fat gain and the relationship to the scale. So they need to be done in the morning after peeing out during the night. There are also several different methods that test multiple sights on the body. I believe there is a 9 point one, that is probably the most accurate. The key is keeping the variables the same at time of testing, otherwise the testing will be inaccurate vs. the last reading. Example, let's say you do it each saturday morning. If one friday night, you eat a huge meal with tons of carbs and drink lots of water, you will weigh more. Then another friday night, you eat hardly anything and drink aclohol, piss your brains out through the night, the scale will be less and you will be slightly dehydrated.

Ok, moving on from calipers.....
Assuming you have average genetics and this being your first cycle and wanting to do a show. I would pencil the show in as motivation to diet. That can help keep you on track. Be careful about doing anything drastic. In other words, don't go from taking in let's say 5,000 cals a day, with little or no cardio, to 2,500 a day and 7 days a week cardio. By wanting to do this comp so soon after your first cycle, you have stepped over to the dark side, but you're trying not to with the gear.
If you want true feedback, post pics and the level of the show. These guys know there stuff.

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
Appreciate the advice, my water intake definitely makes a difference in my body fat pinch. Maybe if I was using a DEXA scan it wouldn't make a difference but water intake effects bloating and muscle fullness so it throws off my pinches. Not much but it does

I've been researching AAS for about two years before doing my cycle, I just never researched blast and cruises. There's so much to learn I'm not sure I'll ever know enough.

Quite frankly calipers are the biggest waste of money ever... even if you pay $10... pointless. Just look in the mirror and take pics of yourself. Or even better get a trained eye (coach) to judge your pics or you in person on a frequent basis.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sover7farms
Phil Hernon Personal Training email
HGH Power Store email banner
Leader Powder Store email banner
Prowrist straps store banner
biogenix2
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131