over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats drives you crazy in the gym?

there will always be an iritator

today i got to deal with the "yeller" in the gym. this young kid (21 years old) who has every sign of being on juice but denies it (acne ALL over his back, etc.) is lifting with his partner who also looks to be "on" but not as jacked. anyway, i her loud "get it!" "yeah, come on!"
ad naseau... anyway, i finally look over to give them the attention they are so eagerly wanting and look to see that one of em is doing dumbell bench press with 75lbs!!?!!!??:rolleyes:
i didnt say anything. just tried to ignore their screaming... -JS

My top 3

1. People who do their excercise (curls mostly) right on or in close proximity to the db rack so no one else can grab DB's nor put them away. I sometimes will ask these people if at home do they often make and eat a sandwich while standing at their open refridgerator.

2. People using equipment such as adjustable benches or Roman chairs to hold their cell phone, little water bottle, towle, etc...

3. Personal trainers who have resigned themselves to being a fat women's friend for 1 hour a day. As they talk and gossip while they take up gym space and equipment doing their sets. There seems to be an understanding between the Horse crap trainer and trainee. "I will bleed you each week for overpriced personal trainer fees with no regard to your personal health, you in turn can talk my head off for 3 or 4 hours a week, not work hard, and stay fat and unhealthy forever."

people who stare, people who ask "what are you taking", people who ask for training advise while your trying to work out.
my biggest most ultra super mega pet peeve is when fat girls stare and smile at you with that kinda " i would eat you if you were a giant cupcake" look in there face and DONT STOP!!!

Not sure if someone has mentioned this one...

The guy that...while you're taking a 30 sec. break between sets... comes right in without acknowledging the fact that you are standing by the equipment... completely re-adjusts everything does 5 reps and walks away. By then I’m just staring in amazement that a level of stupidity and rudeness could be that high!

I believe all gyms should require a gym etiquette class before membership is given.

Ok two more I forgot .. Training in two places at once for example doing bicep curls inbetween two life fitness adjustable pully machines taking both spots on the machine at once to do bicep curls with dumbells !!! No joke I watched this happen today... And horrible b.o. where it stinks up an entire area of the gym...Honesty what does it take to slap on a little deoderant

I've been in gyms for 16yrs now, managed them for 7...in the past 3 months I've been at NYSC I have seen all of the above mentioned things in this thread...never been to a healthclub as bad but here are 3 I've noticed only here:
-gay men asking to work-in(which isn't a problem)....until they make faces at Me while doing their set(usually then My gf gives Me a look so I ignore & am not rude to them)
-an attitude to borrow a friggin pen b/c mine won't write as if it has value(this frontdesk person ran her mouth at Me till I took it & left)
-guys hanging & swinging upsidedown by their legs from the chinup bars as if they are trying out for the circus(never seen it b4...usually see it 1-2x every workout)

OHHH, How could I forget the guy that busts ass right in front of the squat rack. It's unescapable.

I was on vacation at a nice resort with a great gym. I was doing the vert leg press and I was wearing shorts, so of course the shorts kind of went up and some of my leg showed. Whatever. But as I finish my set, I look to my left and spot 2 flaming homosexuals staring at me and giggling. WTF! They later on were spotting eachother doing bench presses and on the last reps they'd be like "comon honey, push it push it!" with that fag voice. Totally sickening!

Another thing that drives me crazy is some of the cougars in the gyms! Some of these ladies have very nice, tight bodies and bend over right in front of me as I'm trying to focus on my dumb bell curls. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good ass, but it really is distracting and tough to deal with. But I take that any day over those 2 disgusting queers.

When overweight lazy bitches are sitting on the leg curl machine talking to their girlfriend when you politely ask to work in and they give you this look like you just asked for a blow job.

second that

When guys HAVE to stick their hands down their pants to literally jack themselves off. My friend does this and I give him shit about it constantly. I'm a guy, I itch my nuts, but for fuck's sake.....do it on the OUTSIDE of your pants and quickly. Want to go rub one off, go to the bathroom. And WASH YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS.

I carry around a towel and some cleaner to wash off every bar and seat I touch. Nasty fucks man......very nasty. I'm by no means a germaphobe but it's just disgusting. Sweat I can deal with, the rest no.

So glad I have a key to local gym now. I can lift when I want, with who I want, and listen to what I want.

Last edited:
I hate when someone puts a bottle of water on one machine, a towel on another, and his phone on another, and thinks im just gonna sit there and F***in stare at the wall while he works out on every peice of equipment in the gym happened the other day so i just set his towel aside and started my set, he was like hey im using that i had my towel there. I said oh well i put a peice of lint on everything in here so actually i was here first but you can work in..

I am not near as big as most of the people on this forum, but I do give it my all when I hit the gym.Seems like they are at every gym. The guys who want to walk around acting like they are jacked when they might be 150-160 and out of shape. I wear my ipod just so no one bothers me. I am not being a dick, but when I go to the gym it is to lift, not make friends or pick up chicks. When I first started working out at my gym. There was an older guy working out, he was all jacked up. He told me not to let anyone get in my way. He said just lift hard and they would get out of the way. 90% of the people in there are trying to pick up chicks or get some attention. But I guess it is the same anywhere you go.

The guy who leaves the workout machines drenched in sweat and doesn't bother to wipe it down.:mad:

The only thing I really let bother me anymore is people who wait for you to leave you machine or whatever for 1 sec and try to steal it from you while its obvious you are still using it gym bag on the seat or weight belt.

This one chick it was funny though. Me and my bro were doing some decline sit ups and we take a break and talk to a couple dudes we know like maybe 2minitues we are standing on the side of the the thing like 3ft and I didn't even see her jump on no one did and I just see this head come up from the floor about a foot to my right was ridiculous silly bitch.

Body Odor Guy

I work out in a small gym with only 1 flat bench and there is this fella that will do a set, talk on his cell phone for a while, do another set, talk on his cell phone, on and on and on....I would say something but he is the assistant DA and you never know when you will NEED A FAVOR :)

other than that, I am so laid back that nothing else really bothers me...the youger folks who cause most of the problems in most gyms call me sir and stay out of my way...I really like that

Dumb fucks who talk openly about there aas usage and ask for your opinoins, like your going to tell them. :rolleyes:

Males that STARE. Never understood this, are they threaten, sizing you up, or impressed. Either way it rude and annoyiing. Just lift the weight, Tiny. :D

Women that only come to the gym to be scene not workout. They can often be spotted with caked on make-up, lots of purfume, and a revealing outfit. Take your ass to the club, a gym is a place to workout not pick up guys.

And my biggest peave, fat girls chasing me around the gym. Are you kidding me? Had one the other day doing this. I would find a machine sit down and she would plop her big fat ass right down on the machine next to me...so I got up and went to another area. Sure enough her fat ass got up and followed me to that one. After finishing my set, I got up once again, gave her this what the fuck look and headed to cardio machines where I knew she would dare not follow me. :mad:

-Leaving weights on the floor
-leaving towels on the weight racks/smith/benches/cages like there some
sort of towel rack
-people sitting on benches/machines to talk on there
cell phones
-talking on your cell phone in general in the gym
-social butterflies taking up large areas to chit chat
-people curling at the squat rack/cage

Hey I think we go to the same gym!

The guy that...while you're taking a 30 sec. break between sets... comes right in without acknowledging the fact that you are standing by the equipment... completely re-adjusts everything does 5 reps and walks away. By then I’m just staring in amazement that a level of stupidity and rudeness could be that high!
You know odd you would say this. I never thought someone would do this but low and behold a few weeks ago a guy came and picked up the barbell at my feet just after I placed it down to rest. Did a set of 10 then walked off like I wasnt even there. I was pretty close to swinging on him but my training partner calmed me down.

i hate it when...

people take Rancid Shits in the locker room, and then you walk in there hot and out of breath only to inhale fog that smells like DEATH!

i have had to leave early due to getting sick from this.

people, do that at home where you at least have a fart fan!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131