advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats Everyone Taking for Kidney Health?

Also the whole high protein diet being bad for your kidneys is kind of ass backwards. One of the earliest signs of kidney damage is proteinuria, which is when you have elevated levels of protein in your urine. That's because your kidneys are no longer filtering like they should, not because you eat too much protein.

Also the whole high protein diet being bad for your kidneys is kind of ass backwards. One of the earliest signs of kidney damage is proteinuria, which is when you have elevated levels of protein in your urine. That's because your kidneys are no longer filtering like they should, not because you eat too much protein.
While I completely agree that the whole "high protein diet causes kidney failure" dogma is BS, do you know what qualifies as a high protein diet in the studies? Less than half of the 500+ grams some bodybuilders consume, I assure you. There are no studies proving the safety (that I know of) for extreme intakes common among bodybuilders, especially ones on steroids.

Kidney health is about keeping the total load on the kidneys within reason. Massively overeating protein (nitrogenous waste) and massively overtraining (myoglobin) are probably the biggest factors in kidney stress.

what do you consider overeating protein in terms of grams per day bro?

I take plenty for heart health and liver care but not much for kidneys

what do you guys do other then drink a lot of water

I'm going to teach you how to use the search function because I see you're new here. This will be extremely helpful unless your lazy and just looking to start threads that have been covered DOZENS of times!

Alright so see where it says welcome and your name after you've logged in? Right below that you'll see log out then to the left of that is quicklinks and just to the left of that is SEARCH. Click search then it will drop down and have an option for "advanced search". Click advanced search then once on the search page on tops left is a box for what you're looking to search. Type Kidney then just below that is a box that says search entire threads and it has an option below that to only search "Search titles only" click that. Now at the very bottom hit the search now button. TAADAAAA thats it man, this board has about every single piece of info you could want on health supps, aas, and so so much more. Welcome to the best board enjoy your stay!:D

Less whole protein (if you're eating over 300 grams/day) and more EAA
Berberine, Picroliv and Silymarin are all nephroprotective, not just good for the liver.

Yup organic/aluminum free sodium bicarbonate(baking soda)..i found mine in the organic aisle in ACME, or Wholefoods market sells it for like a few dollars, alkaline water is great for overall health anyway/making the PH in your body higher, and since we are ALL on a high protein diet, try to add an organic salad to two of your protein meals. Easy, cheap, no cooking/steaming. Raw broccoli, arugula, Kale, spinach, some organic olive oil and red wine vinegar, or fresh squeezed lemon, and you counter the acidid nature of this diet. You can see if its working by buying some PH strips and checking your PH first thing on the morning. If its over 7.1, you are fine. Drink alkaline water till you bust! If you buy a case of it at Wholefoods Market(its cheaper than you think), they will give you 10% off.
Just my 2 cents......this is what i am currently doing. PH the other day was a very alkaline 7.4, and thats on 300 grams protein/day.

Kal, I'm sure you must have answered this before but what amount of protein in relation to bodyweight do you recommend on a daily basis (for those without existing kidney issues)?

what do you consider overeating protein in terms of grams per day bro?

I think you need to consider both total percentage of calories from protein and total number of grams. There is plenty of empirical evidience in bodybuilding that a world class physique can be built off of 1g/lb. This should include protein from ALL sources. I would push it up to 1.2g to 1.5g (max) in some cases. I would never go above 40% of total calories from protein, except maybe lower calorie days while dieting hard.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws