YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best prescribed sleeping aid for bodybuilders from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thinking of Amitriptyline. I do not know enough about it to give much of an opinion - except it would certainly relax me. I have not had it in over 20 years.

amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, probably not the best choice for long term use but its certainly effective. Has a very long half life, so what a lot of docs will do is prescribe a dose at night, let it aid the patient in sleep, and then secondarily benefit from the antidepressant effects the next day.

Some of these new OTC sleep supps are very powerful.. revivarant g is one that comes to mind.

I've tried every prescription as well and a couple hits of indica before bed is the best thing out there by far and free of some of the horrible side effects of the prescribed stuff I tried. No tolerance build up for me either

I have used trazadone (if I take a full tab it makes me drowsy throughout the next day , so I only take half every now and then) Ambien ( would put me to sleep but for only about 4 hours and then wide awake even at 20 mg doseage) Xanax (I would take 2 of these and that worked so good with no hangover what so ever , I need to get my script refilled ) Melatonin(this actually works really well for me I take about 3 to 4 tablets at 3 mg each and I drift off pretty good ).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Professional Muscle mobile app

Trazadone made me tired as heck the next day, though t worked decent for sleep. I have to function at work every day though. T-N's sleep aid is my favorite. Outside of that occasional low dose Tramadol and Soma use is good for me.

Idk if ambien is something you would be interested in, but it will put you out for awhile. However sleep walking is a possible side affect. Small doses for short term.

Dukey likes ambien

Ambien is an ass kicker for sure. Use in moderation, very small doses at first until you get a feel for it. And just like you said bro, short term.

Trazadone made me tired as heck the next day, though t worked decent for sleep. I have to function at work every day though. T-N's sleep aid is my favorite. Outside of that occasional low dose Tramadol and Soma use is good for me.

I should add that when I used Ambien like 20 years ago, it worked well too. Obviously tolerance is an issue if you have used it for any length of time, like most meds. Ambien knocked me the heck out in some funny fashions....lol.

Trazadone. It's a prescription, but it's non-addictive and dirt cheap with minimal side effects (it's considered quite safe)
Trazadone puts me to sleep pretty good but leaves me feeling very groggy the next day that’s why I don’t like it

how do you feel the next day ? any bloat at this dose ?
i'm having very restful sleep taking 1iu of gh pre-bed. along with ala and vanadyl sulfate
No bloat none of the side effects. Great sleep and vivid dreams

I've used em all.
FOR ME, Trazadone @100 mg works better than anything else I've done over the last 10 years.

No bloat none of the side effects. Great sleep and vivid dreams
ok great.. i may have to try this.. i notice gh dreams are quite vivid as well.
one common thing with gh dreams, seems to be they are all sexual.
at least in my case.

Dang. I tripped so hard of that stuff that I thought I had actually died and that the real world was just a computer simulation. Doctors gave it to me to knock me out before they defibrillated me. Terrible experience for me. Your dose must be really low.

Pharma GH, MK-677 are both outstanding/unbelievable for my sleep but I am not usually on them.

Magnesium Glycinate 300-400mg, L-Theanine 150-200mg. Sensoril Ashwagandha. I add 100-200mg Apigenin to this for good measure. I use any combination of these four nightly. Always magnesium, but sometimes none, one or all of the others.

I've been having sleeping problems for well over 2 years now and lately it has gotten real bad to the point where some days I couldn't even function properly at work because of either no sleep or 1 hour of sleep.

I've started visiting my doctor lately and she has no problem prescribing me almost whatever she just gives me options and prescribes me tabs for just a week to try out and then I revisit to tell her it works and I want the full prescription or it doesn't work and I want to try something new.

I've been shooting in the dark lately and have had almost all bad outcomes and I was wondering what you guys use here for sleep that's prescribed from your doctor so I could also pass it on to her.

Med's I've tried so far.

Ambien (Zolpidem) - Started dosing at 10mg's felt nothing, went up to 20mg's didn't help me fall asleep one bit felt like I wasn't using anything. Didn't notice anything from it.

Zopiclone - 7.5mg dosage knocked me straight out but I was tired until the day after for 24 hours so I basically still couldn't function during the daytime. Felt like I could fall asleep anywhere and anytime, head wasn't there at all walked everywhere aswell didn't trust myself driving and didn't want to bring anyone in danger.

Also horrible metallic taste in your mouth that seems to last forever.

Diazepam (Valium) - Pretty much same experience as zopiclone without the horryfic metallic after taste.

What do you guys recommend, I've been reading around and I'm visiting my doctor tomorrow I was thinking about giving Xanax a try?
Xanax with ketofein but don’t get hooked Benzos are a slippery slope. So is ambien. Edible weed in small doses is solid as well.

Dang. I tripped so hard of that stuff that I thought I had actually died and that the real world was just a computer simulation. Doctors gave it to me to knock me out before they defibrillated me. Terrible experience for me. Your dose must be really low.
Ketamine is a party drug do not use K to fall asleep. Dangerous practice plus your sedated not asleep so the benefits of sleep are not pronounced when you’re just doped up.

I was recently prescribed Methocarbomal for my back pain (bulging & herniated discs & stenosis). It makes me pretty damn relaxed and able to fall asleep pretty quickly. Doesn't do shit for my back but I can get to sleep pretty easily. Another very nice benefit of it is that, for me at least, I don't get a hangover effect for it the next day. I take it at night right before bed and for the most part, when I wake up I'm able to function like a normal person (not dragging ass for half the day).

I was recently prescribed Methocarbomal for my back pain (bulging & herniated discs & stenosis). It makes me pretty damn relaxed and able to fall asleep pretty quickly. Doesn't do shit for my back but I can get to sleep pretty easily. Another very nice benefit of it is that, for me at least, I don't get a hangover effect for it the next day. I take it at night right before bed and for the most part, when I wake up I'm able to function like a normal person (not dragging ass for half the day).

What dose do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members