YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best prescribed sleeping aid for bodybuilders from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevn

Registered
I've been having sleeping problems for well over 2 years now and lately it has gotten real bad to the point where some days I couldn't even function properly at work because of either no sleep or 1 hour of sleep.

I've started visiting my doctor lately and she has no problem prescribing me almost whatever she just gives me options and prescribes me tabs for just a week to try out and then I revisit to tell her it works and I want the full prescription or it doesn't work and I want to try something new.

I've been shooting in the dark lately and have had almost all bad outcomes and I was wondering what you guys use here for sleep that's prescribed from your doctor so I could also pass it on to her.

Med's I've tried so far.

Ambien (Zolpidem) - Started dosing at 10mg's felt nothing, went up to 20mg's didn't help me fall asleep one bit felt like I wasn't using anything. Didn't notice anything from it.

Zopiclone - 7.5mg dosage knocked me straight out but I was tired until the day after for 24 hours so I basically still couldn't function during the daytime. Felt like I could fall asleep anywhere and anytime, head wasn't there at all walked everywhere aswell didn't trust myself driving and didn't want to bring anyone in danger.

Also horrible metallic taste in your mouth that seems to last forever.

Diazepam (Valium) - Pretty much same experience as zopiclone without the horryfic metallic after taste.

What do you guys recommend, I've been reading around and I'm visiting my doctor tomorrow I was thinking about giving Xanax a try?

Last edited:
An indica strain of cannabis and 3mg of melatonin will knock me out. Smoke 1hr before bed, melatonin 20mins before.

I honestly believe this way is healthier than any prescription drug

Any dose of melatonin seems to give me the worst migraine headache attacks and I don't really like smoking.

Are you sure your problem is not related to the "quality" of sleep? aka Sleep apnea?

I can't even fall asleep let alone rate the quality of my sleep.

Any dose of melatonin seems to give me the worst migraine headache attacks and I don't really like smoking.

I can't even fall asleep let alone rate the quality of my sleep.

I'm personally not a big fan but try Benadryl, start with 50mg then up to 100mg

I'd be very wary of RX sleep aids.

Have you tried chamomile tea, passion fruit extract, meditation, yoga, proper breathing?

Have you done a sleep study? Any allergies to the polyester in clothes, bed sheet or something?

It needs a throughout investigation.

Are you on any AAS , fat burners, nicotine caffeine ephedrine clen...plus how late do you train?
I don't take in any type of stimulant after 4 PM, and try to end my training by 6:30 PM or I am tossing and turning even on Ambien CR, which usually works wonders for me taking with **'s Sleep Aid capsules the 3-4 nights a month I need help - but if I train too late or jacked on caffeine or nicotine....nothing helps.

Since you stated the meds have not worked for you, the answer lies somewhere out the box of medications.

I'm personally not a big fan but try Benadryl, start with 50mg then up to 100mg

Tried Benadryl, no success.

I'd be very wary of RX sleep aids.

Have you tried chamomile tea, passion fruit extract, meditation, yoga, proper breathing?

Have you done a sleep study? Any allergies to the polyester in clothes, bed sheet or something?

It needs a throughout investigation.

I've tried tea and meditation, can't comment on the rest but I've tried every environmental change that suits proper sleeping.

Avoiding blue light 3 hours before bed, sleeping mask, ear buds and coating my windows black no light is coming through/

Are you on any AAS , fat burners, nicotine caffeine ephedrine clen...plus how late do you train?
I don't take in any type of stimulant after 4 PM, and try to end my training by 6:30 PM or I am tossing and turning even on Ambien CR, which usually works wonders for me taking with **'s Sleep Aid capsules the 3-4 nights a month I need help - but if I train too late or jacked on caffeine or nicotine....nothing helps.

Since you stated the meds have not worked for you, the answer lies somewhere out the box of medications.

I'm currently on alot of AAS and training mostly AM and PM because I just have too many hours on hand because I'm not sleeping.

Throughout the usage of medication I've been on 750mg's Test, 350mg's Tren-E and 160mcg's of Clen but I've had periods where I was months on 200mg's Test-E and 2iu's of pharma GH and sleep was just as bad as it is now.

One thing to note though all my sleeping issues started when I started dabbling with DNP 1 year ago I couldn't get a night sleeps while on it after I seized the dnp usage sleep was still down the blatter and progessively got worse.

Trazadone. It's a prescription, but it's non-addictive and dirt cheap with minimal side effects (it's considered quite safe)

Yeah, Trazodone works really, really well. The first few times I took it, it made me super dizzy so I had to make sure I was in bed ready to sleep 15 minutes after ingestion. This was during a time where I was detoxing off of taking a million different things for sleep and my body was so fucked I couldn't sleep at all. Trazodone would put me down all night.

Another thing to look into is "Unisom" the generic name is DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE. I highlight that because there is also a similarly branded diphenhydramine product which is like benadryl...make sure the label says DOXYLAMINE. Doxylamine works very, very well, is OTC and non-habit forming. It has been shown in reliable studies to outperform Rx sedative-hypnotics. I use it frequently.

Yeah, Trazodone works really, really well. The first few times I took it, it made me super dizzy so I had to make sure I was in bed ready to sleep 15 minutes after ingestion. This was during a time where I was detoxing off of taking a million different things for sleep and my body was so fucked I couldn't sleep at all. Trazodone would put me down all night.

Another thing to look into is "Unisom" the generic name is DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE. I highlight that because there is also a similarly branded diphenhydramine product which is like benadryl...make sure the label says DOXYLAMINE. Doxylamine works very, very well, is OTC and non-habit forming. It has been shown in reliable studies to outperform Rx sedative-hypnotics. I use it frequently.

I tried it and couldn't take it for the reasons you mention above, got up during the night and fell, lost my balance it's contradicted in the elderly because of this.
I used the same Unisom as you describe half a tab knocks me out and still leaves me feeling groggy in the AM.

I'm currently on alot of AAS and training mostly AM and PM because I just have too many hours on hand because I'm not sleeping.

Throughout the usage of medication I've been on 750mg's Test, 350mg's Tren-E and 160mcg's of Clen but I've had periods where I was months on 200mg's Test-E and 2iu's of pharma GH and sleep was just as bad as it is now.

One thing to note though all my sleeping issues started when I started dabbling with DNP 1 year ago I couldn't get a night sleeps while on it after I seized the dnp usage sleep was still down the blatter and progessively got worse.

Tren and clen alone are enough to keep a brama bull up for days, one of the frequent complaints of people using them is lack of sleep. Sounds like you have done as much as you can in your research to get some sleep as I was going to mention sleep hygeine - blue light etc but sounds like you have that covered.

What's your resting heart rate and BP? The nights I have trouble sleeping my BP is up and HR elevated from brutal training sessions that run over past 7 PM which pushes back cool down and the last 2 meals after powo.

I cannot express enough the importance of deep sleep, I can't function without it and have several monitors to watch my sleep - my sleep software on my Resmed sleep machine and my fitbit. My resting heart rate is round 50 and drops in the lower 40's to mid 30's during deep sleep. Doc said it was ok, but would be concerned if I were older and was out of shape.

I've tried tea and meditation, can't comment on the rest but I've tried every environmental change that suits proper sleeping.

Avoiding blue light 3 hours before bed, sleeping mask, ear buds and coating my windows black no light is coming through/

Have you ever thought about cutting you gear use down to a minimum, stopping Clen and not working out at night? To me it seems like you’re forcing your body to go one way...and it’s telling you it doesn’t like going that way.

And I can sympathize, I have bad sleep issues. And all three of those things fuck my sleep up. Even if I take Benadryl and melatonin I still wake up and can’t get back to sleep. It got so bad that even 125mg trazadone along with 15mgs of melatonin couldn’t keep me asleep for more then four hrs.
So I stopped working out at night, do not take any stims (even just coffee or diet soda) past 4, and I don’t use tren anymore.
So now I just have to take 25mgs of Benadryl and 5-10mgs of melatonin to get 7-9hrs a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Med's I've tried so far.

Ambien (Zolpidem) - Started dosing at 10mg's felt nothing, went up to 20mg's didn't help me fall asleep one bit felt like I wasn't using anything. Didn't notice anything from it.

Zopiclone - 7.5mg dosage knocked me straight out but I was tired until the day after for 24 hours so I basically still couldn't function during the daytime. Felt like I could fall asleep anywhere and anytime, head wasn't there at all walked everywhere aswell didn't trust myself driving and didn't want to bring anyone in danger.

Also horrible metallic taste in your mouth that seems to last forever.

That zopiclone taste is horrifying :D Spilt a tab and hold it in you mouth for 2 seconds - just terrible, could they not fix this issue somehow? :D

Anyway, I found zopiclone more effective than zolpidem but it doesn't keep me asleep long enough. So I've split the 7.5mg tab and take the other half if and when I wake up to get a few more hours. Took it last night and it put me out quick but didn't feel like I had slept deep this morning.:(

I don't use those often. Here in sweden the most commonly prescribed non-narcotic sleep aid is propiomazin. Kinda sucks, I feel it takes a long time to work so I take it 2-4 hours before bedtime. I also have mirtazapin for depression and it's pretty damn effective for sleep.

I feel good sleep is one of the most important things for health, if not the most important.

My lady takes Trazadone as needed (few times a month). She isn't a fan of meds for sleep at all, but she swears by it.

Trazodone is a horrible crap, cant believe how ppl like it, huge hungover feeling next day for me....
ambien+ melatonin always works. dose of ambien varies depending how well u respond to chemicals, some ppl got KO'd from 10mg, other need more, but even right after work out , dosed up on ECA - ambien and melatonin always work.
Phneibut is always VERY potent over the counter chemical that in the right dose will put you to sleep. (it has withdraw symptoms similar to benzos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws