over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the chemistry of youth?

It is NOT a state of mind.

Constantly setting yourself new goals in life, having ambition in the noblest sense of the word, always looking at barriers to overcome with hunger, basically CREATING the proper environment that gives you a good reason to wake up in the morning (and it includes surrounding yourself with witty people) will dramatically help feeling young, no matter how old your body says you are.

So I'm sorry, it also IS a state of mind. :)

Constantly setting yourself new goals in life, having ambition in the noblest sense of the word, always looking at barriers to overcome with hunger, basically CREATING the proper environment that gives you a good reason to wake up in the morning (and it includes surrounding yourself with witty people) will dramatically help feeling young, no matter how old your body says you are.

I completely disagree.

It's impossible to create that environment when you wake up in the morning and everything aches severely. When you need to let some hot water to hit your lower back for 20 minutes so you can stand straight. When you get a new hot girlfriend and after having it for a few minutes with no more than 70% of your full erection and half cumming you can't get it up until the next day or maybe in 2 days. When you're in the bank and for a few moments you simply forget what you're doing there.

Those over 40 who don't relate to any of this are very lucky... Or liars... ;)

I completely disagree.

It's impossible to create that environment when you wake up in the morning and everything aches severely. When you need to let some hot water to hit your lower back for 20 minutes so you can stand straight. When you get a new hot girlfriend and after having it for a few minutes with no more than 70% of your full erection and half cumming you can't get it up until the next day or maybe in 2 days. When you're in the bank and for a few moments you simply forget what you're doing there.

Good points... :)

And BTW you somehow must be right here, cause for the time being my aging brain just can't see anything really relevant to reply... :p will have to think about it for a few more hours... then, only then, I may come back later today to post something meaningful... crap, getting old and losing your repartee actually sucks... :D:eek:;)

I completely disagree.

I'm 51. I can honestly say with all BS aside.

I'm not at a point or place in my life that I can relate. I must be one of the few fortunate ones.

Last edited:

Epigenetics spareth no wrath on the weary.

Controlling the rate of either silencing or expressing over 20,000 genes independently would lead to the fountain of youth. And possibly immortality :p

I like the idea of aging gracefully :)

I received the same article yesterday.

Epigenetic clock predicts life expectancy, UCLA-led study shows | UCLA

I completely disagree.

Or they took absolute impeccably good care of themselves while they were coming up (and yea, I'm sure there was some luck involved too, lol).

Btw, great thread Allex, I've enjoyed the last couple of threads you've started...

I'm 51. I can honestly say with all BS aside.

I'm not at a point or place in my life that I can relate. I must be one of the few fortunate ones.

You and me both- I too must be lucky? Again though I think too not having the repsonsibilites of bringing up children and family can make life easier, and again I say that with utmost respect and admiration for all you dads out there. I dont never came close- I was either over seas fighting or over seas training or just training which is what I have always loved to do. I dont know why thats so hard to believe, we are all different- Of course I had studied decades of judo, aikijujutsu, muy thai etc - Im talking years of hours per day- I dont wake up sore- yes I have had my spine shattered but reconstructed , my elbow, tri and ligaments torn to shreds and repaired , my hip, but I had done my PT/Rehab ( plus I also have education in that area too) I dont wake up in pain. I dont worry about anyone but me and I think that has alot to do, maybe good genes? When you train all your entire life , you end up learning how to economize and extend stamina and movement I think so for me to attend a workshop for 6 hours and or teach one, is really nothing to me, like almost moving meditation. Since I was 5 karate-do, boxing, judo, kung fu and so many others before like MMA type was even discussed - that was my life and friends, bodybuilding was just to help me be a better conditioned fighter and soldier. I hear you guys saying you feel pain, there were times post surgery that I would have to ingest narcotics to feel comfortable and it was not easy when the doc takes those away, but to always pursue health and fitness , I dont feel older- someone on this thread like made crack " wrinkles " LMAO even my old girlfriends all comment that I have none, I dont tan , never did, hated the beach maybe thats why?? but eating healthy stuff , antioxidants etc for decades helps, I didnt begin steroids until 15 plus years of training so all kinds of supps and herbs, many of my kung fu and martial art teachers were herbal healers and having all these medicinal teas and balms was just a normal things, hell post workout I feel like I utilize that window- I get my nutrabullet blender load up with veggies, fruits and add powders they call it nutrient extraction, been doing that for longer then the paid programs LOL - Having enthusiasm to stay focused to me is state of mind and is how I stay young- as I have for years sat in classes seminars as well as teach my own and I am usually 20-30 years older then everyone- yet at the end it is they who are out of breathe not I, I feel young, yet I am not - older and wiser I train smarter and seek always to learn and improve. That to me is the secret, Im sorry if some cant agree, you have the right to believe what you want, as do we

one last thought as while many feel the need to worry themselves reading studies , not even knowing how a study was structured or how many other studies have validated the hypothesis- some of us just go out and live. I have lived it- I dont have to read or tell yo my friend went to Iraq or Somalia cuz I have. Nothing I ever say comes from a book, comes from years of living

Last edited:
You and me both- I too must be lucky? Again though I think too not having the repsonsibilites of bringing up children and family can make life easier, and again I say that with utmost respect and admiration for all you dads out there. I dont never came close- I was either over seas fighting or over seas training or just training which is what I have always loved to do. I dont know why thats so hard to believe, we are all different- Of course I had studied decades of judo, aikijujutsu, muy thai etc - Im talking years of hours per day- I dont wake up sore- yes I have had my spine shattered but reconstructed , my elbow, tri and ligaments torn to shreds and repaired , my hip, but I had done my PT/Rehab ( plus I also have education in that area too) I dont wake up in pain. I dont worry about anyone but me and I think that has alot to do, maybe good genes? When you train all your entire life , you end up learning how to economize and extend stamina and movement I think so for me to attend a workshop for 6 hours and or teach one, is really nothing to me, like almost moving meditation. Since I was 5 karate-do, boxing, judo, kung fu and so many others before like MMA type was even discussed - that was my life and friends, bodybuilding was just to help me be a better conditioned fighter and soldier. I hear you guys saying you feel pain, there were times post surgery that I would have to ingest narcotics to feel comfortable and it was not easy when the doc takes those away, but to always pursue health and fitness , I dont feel older- someone on this thread like made crack " wrinkles " LMAO even my old girlfriends all comment that I have none, I dont tan , never did, hated the beach maybe thats why?? but eating healthy stuff , antioxidants etc for decades helps, I didnt begin steroids until 15 plus years of training so all kinds of supps and herbs, many of my kung fu and martial art teachers were herbal healers and having all these medicinal teas and balms was just a normal things, hell post workout I feel like I utilize that window- I get my nutrabullet blender load up with veggies, fruits and add powders they call it nutrient extraction, been doing that for longer then the paid programs LOL - Having enthusiasm to stay focused to me is state of mind and is how I stay young- as I have for years sat in classes seminars as well as teach my own and I am usually 20-30 years older then everyone- yet at the end it is they who are out of breathe not I, I feel young, yet I am not - older and wiser I train smarter and seek always to learn and improve. That to me is the secret, Im sorry if some cant agree, you have the right to believe what you want, as do we

one last thought as while many feel the need to worry themselves reading studies , not even knowing how a study was structured or how many other studies have validated the hypothesis- some of us just go out and live. I have lived it- I dont have to read or tell yo my friend went to Iraq or Somalia cuz I have. Nothing I ever say comes from a book, comes from years of living

I raised all three of my children by myself. My son was 3 and my two daughters we're 5 and 7 when their mother up and jetted.

That was 19 years ago, next month. It took a toll on several aspects of my life. It was difficult from time-to-time, I wasn't going to be disenchanted and held down by stressful events. I was rather captivate of what I did have, my children. I preserveded many challenges.

Upon introduction, everyone I've talked to thinks I'm in my mid 30's. Hopefully I can hold that appearance for many more years to come. If not, I'm cool with that too.

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing :)

It honestly has to come down to genetics. I mean I always looked 10 years older then I was. Started getting facial hair in junior high. In high school I could pass for late 20s. It even caused me to become more mature and hang out with those older then me. People would respect me and talk to me thinking I was much older then I was. It's more then just about looks, ALLEX asked about feeling youthful as well. I mean you can look old and feel young and vice versa. There's a lot at play here. You have to work with what you're given. Basically anti-aging community has been looking into this type of thing for a while now. It can't be a one fits all. Sleep is probably the most important. Weeks I sleep less I literally look older in the face. When I'm in a good rhythm, getting enough rest, my skin even looks better. Makes sense if you think about it, cell regeneration like someone mentioned early on.

I always wondered if I would start "feeling" older sooner since I look older at a younger age.

Epigenetics spareth no wrath on the weary.

Controlling the rate of either silencing or expressing over 20,000 genes independently would lead to the fountain of youth. And possibly immortality :p

I like the idea of aging gracefully :)

I received the same article yesterday.

Epigenetic clock predicts life expectancy, UCLA-led study shows | UCLA

You know the epigenetic program is how your body grows from one single egg into many specialized cells. I'm afraid that after some time into maturity, there is simply no program.

And at the same time, when you're young all the epigenetics are in tune, fresh from it's singularity. Then we have diaspora, every one goes their own way, and systems fail to act in concert, together. It's like entropy, from order into disorder.

Maybe we can get a grip on all the complexities. I've noticed quite a few references to "gene methylation" lately, as it's becoming the new villain and axiom.

I wondered this as well. At 16 I couldn't stop jerking off. Like 5x per day. Horny 24/7. It can't just be test related because later in in life with test my levels were 10fold and it was never like when your 16 or 17. I could walk around the house with a boner, run up the stairs and eat a sandwich and still have a boner. Now if my wife has to get up to pee during sex it's down in a minute lol

Awesome thread we have going here guys...interesting how many different points of view we have all shared, potentially all valid in their own individual ways....I believe along the lines of LK3 that very very much of this inn the way we handle whats going on in our heads....how we react to the enviroment around us has alot to do with overall "state of mind" and quality of life...kind of like the glass is half full vs half empty concept...Some of us might have a situation in life that has really worn us down....mentally, physically, and likely in ways we have yet to even fully understand...while some of us having had the same or similar "experience" processed it internally inside our ownheads differently and therefore...didn't lose sleep, or abuse drugs, or over eat, or sink into depression or anxiety...Alot of how we deal with our day to day lives have a long term effect on our health. Of course we can do everything we know to do...supplement with anti oxidants, reduce inflamation, eat well, sleep well...but inside our heads, our "attitudes" about life can have an effect that we might not see in ourselves as it has inherently become a part of who we are, I was reading a study the other day about an particular illness of which the largest and most common symptom of is chronic fatigue...well in the study they had a control group which was instructed to say outloud to themselves "I'm getting my energy back" evereytime they noticed fatigue setting in. Within a few months the differences in many many many aspects of the 2 groups quality of life was statistically signifcantly much higher the group that told themselves "I'm getting my energy back" not just in how much enegy they reported having but also their levels of stress, depression like symptoms, and many other things....Pretty good evidence to me that a positve outlook on day to day life has a positive effect. Now imagine that in otherwise healthy people who inherently carried more positive attitudes throughout the course of their lives...These were statistically significant within just a couple of weeks!!!

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!

I raised all three of my children by myself. My son was 3 and my two daughters we're 5 and 7 when their mother up and jetted.

That was 19 years ago, next month. It took a toll on several aspects of my life. It was difficult from time-to-time, I wasn't going to be disenchanted and held down by stressful events. I was rather captivate of what I did have, my children. I preserveded many challenges.

Upon introduction, everyone I've talked to thinks I'm in my mid 30's. Hopefully I can hold that appearance for many more years to come. If not, I'm cool with that too.

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing :)

i always like reading your post brotha, but I have the biggest respect for you because of that, myself and my wife are raising our 3 year old and damn, its a handful, I cant imagine if I was by myself with just one, let alone 3.

Its funny no one has said anything about receptor sensitivity and enzymes. For instance why do most get diabetes in their later
Years? Enzymes. If a 18 year old takes test his body will metabolize it much differently than a 50 year old. The younger guy will turn more test to dht and the older will turn more test to estrogen. Makes sense? Insulin sensitivity has to be one of the biggest contributors to aging, to much insulin and to much glucose will really mess you up!

I like the lifestyle that you said, I think everyone should have own mind, and go for it [emoji1434]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Interesting thread ! I'm 52 began martial arts age 5 daily since . I'm late 70s found bodybuilding, I was natural for like 10-15 years but using supps, vitamins etc. then with my injuries from years of fighting in combo heavy lifting - I read about decadurobolin, in like 99/2000 discovered the forums and that I could get stuff - here I am 16 years later - I am leaner, stronger then ever. I do accredit bodybuilding and yes gear enhanced my life. So I don't consider cheating or abusing it. I think used certain way , along with healthy eating , herbs, supplements , refraining from alcohol and harmful substances you can extend your youth. I'm lean , have all my hair still train hours day in my bujutsu etc. hey if I didn't have to work I'd do it all day lol

Has a lot to do with dopamine and how your brain is firing. Not just hormones, though they do play a big role.

For example if a middle aged male with optimal hormones, but has trouble grasping concepts and has stalled mentally were to take an adhd drug. I'm sure you would grasp concepts and start accomplishing many things very quickly. But there's a downside, tolerance, addiction, and a diminishing point of returns.

That is actually fascinating point! I never really thought as it would affect mood, motivation, sleep etc etc

In my opinion in term of importance for youth as you get older is.

1.Nutrition
2.Sleep
3.Lifestyle(the way you workout)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner