advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the dumbest "advice" or "fact" that you heard someone give at the gym?

This one young man said he wanted to be like an abercrombie and fitch model was told he needed to get leaner. was told he had to do 1.5 hours of cardio a day.
He asked me how i got so lean and how much cardio i had to do. i said, i do 7 min of high intensity cardio post workout. he literally thought i was lying.
My advice to him was if u eat less then u wouldnt have to burn so many calories. (insert lightbulb) he couldnt grasp it tho. still did all his cardio....
-F2S

To his defense, that's something that most people in the fitness bizz still don't seem to understand :LOL:

Actual advice I overheard years ago from one gym bro to another (word for word):

"Franco Palumbo says you gotta drink a waxy maize drink the second you're done working out, then wait 20 mins and then slam 2 scoops of whey...cuz the waxy maize holds the receptors open for the whey to come flooding in"...

I've always loved Franco Palumbo's physique.

Actual advice I overheard years ago from one gym bro to another (word for word):

"Franco Palumbo says you gotta drink a waxy maize drink the second you're done working out, then wait 20 mins and then slam 2 scoops of whey...cuz the waxy maize holds the receptors open for the whey to come flooding in"...

I've always loved Franco Palumbo's physique.
Franco columbu?

Eat a handful of Jelly Bellies right after workout to “lock in” gains.

I saw some guys a couple years ago claim that if you blindfold yourself before each set you'll lift more cus you won't psych yourself out seeing the weight. There were three of them and the took turns doing a blindfolded bench press and claiming to beat their PR's.

The worse thing I hear is these people posting ads, mostly women who claim you don't need exercise, diet or cardio to look great. Just take this coffee or pill once a day and you will be in fabulous shape in a few months. Mostly Facebook ads I see. Then you have all the dumb asses beleiving it and making these people rich. This is why this is one of my favorite sayings "There's a sucker born every minute" (P. T. Barnum)

Should be an excellent thread especially with New Years.

Was talking to one guy about his calorie intake. He said he couldn't eat more. I asked him if he did protein shakes. He did 2 a day. I told him to start adding olive oil to the shakes. I did explain it would taste like crap but he would eventually get used to it.

He looks at me and says- That would be cheating!

Advice from a 20 year old trainers at the gyms. Lol they are so young and skinny but people pay them to train them.
What experience does a 20 year old have lol and pay him big money lol

Full ROM of a movement instead of keeping the tension on the target muscle is a classic one that has been taught in gyms worldwide probably since the inception of gyms.

The list is endless though, should make for a good thread.

wait so this is not true?

wait so this is not true?
I think mainly what some guys do is lock out their joints when doing a movement to full range, and then that takes off the tension on the muscle and gives you rest. Like when benching, locking out the elbows and pausing at the top while locked out. Going close to full ROM I think is good on most movements as long as you don't lock out.

Fat PT at the gym telling this 200lb teen that anymore than 80lbs on the leg press would stunt his growth. I guess bodyweight squats wouldn't stunt his growth..

Eat a handful of Jelly Bellies right after workout to “lock in” gains.
I was just at the Jelly Belly center in Wisconsin last week. They have a gift shop. They were selling 2lb bags of what they call "Belly Flops". They are jellybeans that turned out misshapen..not quite the right jellybean shape. They had a deal if you bought 3 bags, you get 2 bags free. So I got 10lbs of Jelly Belly jellybeans for $36. If the guy that said Jelly Bellies will lock in your gains is right, I should be ready for the Olympia in a couple months. :p

Chad is the real deal fellas!

He told me that if you put an IROC Z sticker on your Camaro the cops can't Chase it since they would be exceeding legal pursuit velocity.

The worse thing I hear is these people posting ads, mostly women who claim you don't need exercise, diet or cardio to look great. Just take this coffee or pill once a day and you will be in fabulous shape in a few months. Mostly Facebook ads I see. Then you have all the dumb asses beleiving it and making these people rich. This is why this is one of my favorite sayings "There's a sucker born every minute" (P. T. Barnum)
Sounds like Plexus... There are a couple of women from my hometown who are pretty high up in this MLM scam. One of them is beautiful...the other one is pretty, but a bit of a prude. Pretty sure the latter has never had a finger up her ass and gives those birthday, "I'm doing you a favor", uninspired blowjobs. The former, while beautiful, is a complete airhead. The thing is that neither one of them are in shape. The airhead is probably one of the top 20 in the company, so she's making bank. It's amazing how eager people are to believe the unbelievable. "You mean I can lose fat, never be hungry, AND get rich in the process? Sign me up!"

Sounds like Plexus... There are a couple of women from my hometown who are pretty high up in this MLM scam. One of them is beautiful...the other one is pretty, but a bit of a prude. Pretty sure the latter has never had a finger up her ass and gives those birthday, "I'm doing you a favor", uninspired blowjobs. The former, while beautiful, is a complete airhead. The thing is that neither one of them are in shape. The airhead is probably one of the top 20 in the company, so she's making bank. It's amazing how eager people are to believe the unbelievable. "You mean I can lose fat, never be hungry, AND get rich in the process? Sign me up!"

Up and coming PM member right here boys!

There was a guy that looked to be about 20 doing lat pulldowns on a seated cable machine today. He was wearing a thick black mask that covered his mouth and nose. He kind of reminded me of Tom Hardy playing Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises" (but much more skinny), but he sounded a little more like Darth Vader. I wanted to give him the advice "10-20 years from now you are going to realise how ridiculous you look right now.", but instead I just kept my mouth shut and kept knocking out calf raises.

There was a guy that looked to be about 20 doing lat pulldowns on a seated cable machine today. He was wearing a thick black mask that covered his mouth and nose. He kind of reminded me of Tom Hardy playing Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises" (but much more skinny), but he sounded a little more like Darth Vader. I wanted to give him the advice "10-20 years from now you are going to realise how ridiculous you look right now.", but instead I just kept my mouth shut and kept knocking out calf raises.

The guy who wears the bane mask at my gym is as skinny as a Halloween skeleton decoration and paces the gym between each set of his body weight exercises with a deep strut to accentuate his weird hump back frame.

Oh and he stiiiiiiiinks, like clear out the gym whenever he walks in. It’s the YMCA I’ve been there a long time and the cute lady at the “wellness center” desk has asked me to talk to him like I had to do for some of the indian dudes. They were cool about it I really don’t think this guy will be....🤦🏻‍♂️

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear