advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the logic of increasing calories pre/contest?

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone increases their calories or eat more when dieting for a competition?

Its seems unlogical but whats the reason behind this? I would to hire a coach who advocates this so I don't have to go through HELL.

Whats the reason?

You don't. You might eat more frequently and even more volume oflower calorie, more nutrient dense foods. You must get on a calorie deficit. If you want to slam a bunch of cals, you're gonna have to do a helluva buncha cardio.
If you aren't willing to go through hell, you have no business trying to compete... or rather I should say, if that level of discipline constitutes hell for you, forget it. Every show I've done, once the commitment was made, it was game on. Dieting wasn't that hard once I got it going.

The first 2 weeks of my Precontest diet I do ramp up the calories; mainly carbs. It gives me a starting point and a lot more room for restricting calories...plus it speeds up my metabolism.

again Dave Pulcinella start out at 300kcal and end at 5000kcal he ad 20grams of of carbs og protein a week for 20 weeks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ucyTtMb0M]Dave Pulcinella's contest day vascularity secret from Raising the Bar 2 - YouTube[/ame]

The first 2 weeks of my Precontest diet I do ramp up the calories; mainly carbs. It gives me a starting point and a lot more room for restricting calories...plus it speeds up my metabolism.

Me too. I start my preps out eating my ass off... Taper down from there, cycling carbs

Me too. I start my preps out eating my ass off... Taper down from there, cycling carbs

Same. When I did shows in the past and when I diet down still, I will actually increase my carbs and eat more the first month then start tapering down. Goes against everything, but it works. It's called carbing up first.

I never quite seem to get it.

I know a few guys who actually keep their calories high even towards the end of the diet.

Probably they burn it off by increasing the sets and cardio. My guess.

I never quite seem to get it.

I know a few guys who actually keep their calories high even towards the end of the diet.

Probably they burn it off by increasing the sets and cardio. My guess.

I believe it is more of an individual thing....I worked with a guy awhile back who came to me 12 weeks out. He was in good shape and was eating 300g of carbs and 300 to 350g of protein....he was not adding any fat other than what he got from his food. He was 208lbs working his way down to LH class. I only had him drop his carbs 2 times to 250g of carbs for 1 week each. We then added them back in right up to the show. He ended up winning the overall and with given a great compliment from Bill Pearl......he told him his overall condition was spot on and he wished more pro's would show up in his condition.

I have to say this guy is out of the ordinary for most people I work with....usually it's slowly reduce the carbs and add healthy fat with a little protein increase. I also have my (wife and I) competitors cut back on the training and cardio as the show nears (last 4 weeks) and spend time working on their posing. Depends where the individual is in terms of "fat"....if you have to beat yourself up as the contest nears it shows on stage...Just my 2 cents.

Every body is diff. I keep my calls high and even have cheat meals combined with increased workouts and gear I end up around 5percent. Then dehydrate for the stage

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear