advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the longest time you have taken off bodybuilding?

anab0lic

Registered
Whats the longest time you have had off training? What happened to your body and how did it affect you mentally? I just got done with a 5 month break from all things bodybuilding...well I kind of kept the diet clean, as i didnt want to get fat.... but no training what so ever no gear nothing... longest i have been away from it all since i started.

Next week I'm back at it, Did a few light workouts at home this week with some old dumbbells and lets just say i had to remove quite a few plates from them to do anything lol... Hopefully when I get back to it properly next week I will get back to where i was quickly via muscle memory. TBH i think I kind of needed the break, had time to do a lot of other things and I was getting to the point where training wasn't enjoyable anymore and was a huge chore... now im looking forward to it all again!

5 years from back injuries.

Lost everything, gain back everything within 4 month.

5 months for me. Lost the majority of my progress on just about everything. Took me maybe 4-6 months to get it back, all in all a wasted year for me haha. My body definitely took a turn for the worse...I didn't get fat, but the loss of muscle was quite substantial on my frame.

4 months, and Ill try to never do that again. Took like 4-5 months to get back to normal..

took off 5-6 years......had a family,career etc.. got back into it approx 2 yrs ago.

took off about 2 yrs from a shoulder injury. we back now thanks to wicked gear.

2 months off when I was on holidays backpacking around. lost lots of strength but came back a bit quicker.

I broke my spine in 5 places....I took 6 weeks off after my surgery.
No excuses to take time off....even one session per week goes a long way.

One week. I have only been bodybuilding for five years lol

lol, one week here and there for me, been a few years since that length off now though. Training for 28 years now. That's what I like about cruises, food and weights... One vacation that I went on to N.C. at thanksgiving time I brought some dumbells...haha. I think in last 4 months I've taken about 4 days....

Last edited:
I wish Kevin Levrone would answer this question. Wouldn't he take 6 months off after the Olympia, not workout, eat whatever, then start back and compete in the Olympia the following year. Lol. Amazing.

2 months...240 to 220, lost strength gains from DL 500lbs to ??? Sq 500lbs to ??? raw trying to motivate myself to get back into the game but finding it very hard :banghead:

Took 4 months off with s back injury. Kept my diet exactly the same and went back to the gym after the 4 month break. Within a week I had people asking if I was getting ready for a show. All I could do was shake my head

12 weeks off gear training and diet. went from 220 5% , was 3 weeks out at the time, to 190 at 12% .. back now for 4 weeks up to 210 again and 10%. seems the body bounces back pretty damn quick

7 years, had kids. Was a bitch the first 6 months, but after all the "you look so skinny" or "you look normal" comments were over, I didn't even care. Started again 3 years ago and can't begin to tell you how much I missed it. Sucks to be "normal".

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwi212
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws