advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the most brutal training regime you have put yourself through?

anab0lic

Registered
And what did you get from it?

I have over the years done an extreme amount of experimentation when it comes to training, to the point where there isnt much out there I havent done at one time or another... Recently I wanted to see just how much the body can cope with and continue to progress/grow... So Ive set up my schedule right now as twice a day training 6x a week (workouts spaced about 8 hours apart).

I am pretty much in a constant state of soreness and fatigue (the tren doesnt help this tbh) and often have to drag myself to the gym.... but once i get there and get a few warmup sets in, the fire inside me is lit and I make the weights my bitch... and i can honestly say this is some of the most rapid growth I've ever experienced... I'm also staying extremely lean too with the calorie expenditure being higher daily.

Beating my logbook every time I hit the gym:headbang:

a modified geman volume program while i was on tren deca test after 10 weeks my strength and size were up huge but was also having a lot of joint problems

never again

Crossfit met cons done to failure. Wanted to pass the fuck out. Harder than college football or military training.

YOGA! :cool:

I learned that I'm not flexable at all.

Full body sessions; all sets to failure or near- no rest between sets. Didn't like the nausea. In my opinion not the best approach.

Mike Mentzer's heavy duty training, the original form. Were you do just one set of 8-10 reps for each bodypart. The set consists of doing enough weight that you can do just 1 single, and then you rest, then do another single, etc until you get out 8-10 reps. Absolutely burtal and it overtained me the first week so I tossed it.

Last edited:
Mike Mentzer's heavy duty training, the original form. Were you do just one set of 8-10 reps for each bodypart. The set consists of doing enough weight that you can do just 1 single, and then you rest, then do another single, etc until you get out 8-10 reps. Absolutely burtal and it overtained me the first week so I tossed it.

You were doing it wrong, lol. His "regular" sets were 6 to 20 reps. Rest pause, as you describe, he strongly advocated doing no more than 4 reps. 8? Far too many!

advanced GVT for the full 8 weeks
after 3 weeks, wanted to quit every workout

Week straight of fst-7, rest pause, drop sets and tri sets for all muscle groups. Tons of volume, little rest in between 7-15 rep range. I was 240 back then and young. I don't think I could handle that kind of brutal training again. Joints hurt too much and I doubt I could recover fast enough now training like that.

You were doing it wrong, lol. His "regular" sets were 6 to 20 reps. Rest pause, as you describe, he strongly advocated doing no more than 4 reps. 8? Far too many!

Actually maldorf is right,i think that was his original version.

Anybody remember the original Cybergenics workouts from the late 80's. I believe the squatting part was 80% of max till positive then negative failure. Immediately reduce weight by half and repeat. Immediately reduce that by half and repeat, then body weight positive and negative failure. This was the first of 3 sets. And this was just the squat part of legs. All 4 second positive with a 10 second negative. When you were done with the first set you basically could not stand up. I believe all the lifts in this system were like this. Absolutely brutal! You got me thinking, this may me something to try on occasion. Great topic!

Actually maldorf is right,i think that was his original version.

Yeah, I think thats how it was originally but then he revamped it later on. My plan was to do it that way for maybe 2-3 weeks, but I only lasted 1 week! WOW did I ever get sore! I have never been that sore, and the effort in the gym was similar to that feeling where you get superhuman strength when your life is in danger. I found strength I didnt know I even had.

Looking back, this training regime might have actually come later on. I am not sure, but he did promote it. I think it could work if you were able to tolerate the punishment.

Last edited:
Super Squats

Anybody ever use the old Super Squat program by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D?
THAT was brutal. Eat like a pig, drink a gallon of whole milk a day, and squat till ya puked. We used to have a bucket next to the rack just in case. And we used it quite often. Nothing like dry heaving after a set of 20.:headbang:

Anybody ever use the old Super Squat program by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D?
THAT was brutal. Eat like a pig, drink a gallon of whole milk a day, and squat till ya puked. We used to have a bucket next to the rack just in case. And we used it quite often. Nothing like dry heaving after a set of 20.:headbang:

Yeah, try doing heavy squats really hard in 95 degree plus temp! I did that once at my old gym and ended up puking on the inside of my windshield while I was trying to drive home. Funny, I put on the windshield wipers to clear it off but then realized I was being a fool because it was in the inside!

Ironman Louisville. The monotony is the worst part. "Honey pie, I'm going on a 5 hour bike ride followed immediately by a 90 minute run." Believe me, squatting is easier. It's not as boring.

Last edited:
Ironman Louisville. The monotony is the worst part. "Honey pie, I'm going on a 5 hour bike ride followed immediately by a 90 minute run." Believe me, squatting is easier. It's not as boring.

What did you do during the winter, did you ride your bike on a trainer? Talk about boring, I dont know how anyone does that. I had one back in the late 80s, it had the 2 fans on the back that used wind resistance and boy is it loud! I guess the new ones today use magnetic resistance, and one other means which I cant recall?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear