over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the "real" cause of GH Gut/ or distended bellies

ChuckSm00th

Registered
Ok, so the original speculation was hgh caused distended guts that we see on todays competitors. However I spoke to Milos a few years back before his numerous incarcerations when he was available for hire and his reaction was that the guts are caused from ingesting fat during the times insulin was active in the body (exogenoue source) rather than just protein and carbohydrates.
I have not used IGF-1, but as of recently Ive been hearing that combining IGF-1 and HGH will cause this stomach distention. Is there any revelance to this or is it bro-logic/ misinformation?
Im still under the belief that insulin is the cause (when used incorrectly of course).
Does anybody have any proof on this or can someone answer this correctly?

Thanks

HGH increases your IGF1 levels, IGF1 makes new cells and some of those cells go on your intestines and they grow as time goes on

that's what I heard

Last edited:
I think it is diet related.
The massive carb intake guys seem to be into when using slin is what causes it, IMO.

Its simple..HGH makes you hungry...and it forces protein and carbs into cells...
its just fat in the belly...
HGH doesn't make you fat...to many calories make you fat.

Its simple..HGH makes you hungry...and it forces protein and carbs into cells...
its just fat in the belly...
HGH doesn't make you fat...to many calories make you fat.

Yeah I agree hgh doesnt make you fat, I feel its more slin and fat ingestion during active times. But the whole thing that threw me was the igf/gh combo. It doesnt make sense paper and milos never ever stated igf was responsible for guts, his reasoning was the slin as stated above which causes visceral fat gain which protrudes the organs/stomach.

The only thing he mentioned with regards to IGF is that it could cause cancer and to stay away from it. He didnt go into detail but Im assuming it has somehing to do with the cells multiplying and splitting.

Probably not any ONE factor...but a combination of high gh dose (super high igf levels) causing intestinal growth, insulin, HUGE off season gains in weight, deadlifts/squats super heavy (thickening the core muscles a ton), etc

The bodybuilders of the 40s to early 80s didn't have this issue...they used less gh (if any), didn't use insulin, used less gear, and didn't gain as much weight in the off season...many of them stayed within 10% of their competition weight.

HGH increases your IGF1 levels, IGF1 makes new cells and some of those cells go on your intestines and they grow as time goes on

that's what I heard

From what I understand, HGH increases IGF1 levels and IGF1 makes new cells grow in your muscles and intestines. What confounds this is when you have HGH in the presence of insulin.... As these two hormones act synergistically to increase IGF1 levels.

EDIT: Here you have it: The essential role of insulin-like growth factor-1... [Gastroenterology. 2006] - PubMed result

IGF-1 increases intestinal growth. When you combine this knowledge with the fact that many bodybuilders use HGH and slin in combination (which acts synergistically to increase IGF-1 levels) then you have an answer.

Last edited:
i think if the bellies were from organ growth youd see a lot of old pros that look normal now with normal bodies and big bellies. like dorian for exp. hes normal size now and i saw his stomach and its small and still has abs. this again is just a thought...

i think if the bellies were from organ growth youd see a lot of old pros that look normal now with normal bodies and big bellies. like dorian for exp. hes normal size now and i saw his stomach and its small and still has abs. this again is just a thought...

Solid point

Although gh/slin can cause intestinal growth I believe the primary culprit is the upper and lower torso growth along with core movements enlarging the muscles of the core. Combine this with aas/gh and of course the core will grow to proportions never seen with previous generations of bodybuilders. I think any intestinal growth would be marginal at best and not necessarily mean growth as in vast lengthening of the intestines, it would more likely be thickening/regeneration (I didn't read the link yet though so I might have to edit this lol).
-Twist

Because of the use of high doses of GH, slin, thousand's of milligrams of AAS, the intestines ,stomach ,liver, all your internal organs grow, it ain,t just your muscles. As you can tell most can still suck it in and have deep abs and no bulge , so the idea that it is visceral fat is kind of mute, getting down to the supra low fat levels that is necessary to compete at that level of bodybuilding wouldn't allow visceral fat to hang around . Do they have higher levels of visceral fat in off season than average joe blow , i have no doubt, but your body simply won;t allow you keep that much visceral fat to cause that distention at contest time. And i also have no doubt as they get older it will be problematic , appearance and health wise.

"Every thing IGF-1 touches will grow and you have a lot of receptors on the lining of the large intestine and inner wall of the abdominal well. This is what causes the HGH gut look".

^This makes sense to me. (Credit to Basskiller) Plus, insulin can cause visceral fat deposits, around internal organs (evidenced by fatty liver in diabetics, I'd say).

Also found this interesting. Same article:
"The conversion ratio of HGH to IGF-1 varies greatly in different individuals but most external sources of HGH convert around 4-6mcg of IGF per one I.U. of HGH".

If that ^ is credible, 100mcg of IGF-1 is equivalant to around 20 I.U. of GH. IGF-wise!

"The Gut" is one reason I'm a big fan of Dennis Wolf. Fookin' gigantic and no gut. So, it seems it can be done...

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420