over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the real story with gear?

Dbol is awesome, but I liked it more when I was a beginner than I do now. I guess I'm too fussy now, but dealing with blood pressure, estrogen, and the bloat is just annoying. Sure you look massive on cycle, but I'd rather run something dryer or stronger but still dry and keep my grainy,hard look. Plus at the end of the cycle, you look the same whether you went wet or dry.

Yep.... Ive only done one 3 week cycle with d-bol at 50mg a day. Dam.. I blew up...... Kinda like a squishy balloon though. LOL

The NSCA reports that an eight week study using experienced male bodybuilders taking 200mg of nandrolone decanoate per week gained 2.2kg, 2.6 kg increase in fat-free mass and a 0.4kg decrease in fat mass with no change in hydrateion of fat free mass. After six weeks of discontinued use, the body mass of the bodybuilders was still significantly greater than baseline levels (1.6kg or 3.5 lbs) 14 week follow upstill showed significant retention of gains. They established a logarythmic "dose -response" relationship between the amount taken, and the gain of fat-free mass.
So, their is a cumulative effect over time. Stay healthy

This was exactly my situation. I put on 20 lbs of lbm and went from 12% to 8% bf with just running 500-1000 mg test and 3 oral cycles (2 of which were havoc - an otc designer) over 7 months. I didn't use any progesterones, anabolics such as primo or eq, hardeners, ect. I almost prefer the otc orals because they are as strong and I don't have to worry about them being fake or under dosed.

Yes exactly mate, there were about 7 different people at my old gym who tried selling to me / let me know what there cycles were and some of it was just flat out ridiculous I recall one guy running 200 mg tren everyday along with some high ass dbol dose , or one other thing that comes to mind is one guy running 1600 mg eq a week. Now those doses aren't to high for some people but these guys had such unappealing physiques that honestly I wouldn't be able to tell they were on gear , and there strength levels were that of a somewhat in shape high school athlete lol. So when I noticed that I knew I had to get on "real " gear otherwise id be like these fools wasting my money injecting myself for no reason with no results.

I'm almost positive it was fake or highly underdosed just because the fact that if your running that much gear even a weak non thought out diet and exercise plan would still get results running such gear, so with test being the only legit oil I could get and then knowing for a fact that the orals I would get were legit as well as most companies that sell ph's don't sell completely bunk orals, and especially the company that I used, this is why I decided to go on such a route. Currently in search of legit Deca its one of the oldies that I have yet to try but I have a feeling it'll help me out big time, still researching and waiting to pull the trigger with the sponsors here though even after speaking with a few good members I just get ocd about it.;)

Isn't it the other way around? :confused:

I don't think so from all the literature I have read. High reps for fast twitch and low reps for slow twitch. I could be wrong, lol. Also, everybody has different amounts of both in their bodies which is why some people respond better to low reps but it seems to me that those people are few and far in between. In college when I played DII baseball, our coach had us do a functional exercises but some compound exercises as well. We would mostly do high reps to hit the fast twitch muscles so that it would help increase bat speed, however we would do some low rep especially with compound exercises to increase strength.

Last edited:
I don't think so from all the literature I have read. High reps for fast twitch and low reps for slow twitch. I could be wrong, lol. Also, everybody has different amounts of both in their bodies which is why some people respond better to low reps but it seems to me that those people are few and far in between. In college when I played DII baseball, our coach had us do a functional exercises but some compound exercises as well. We would mostly do high reps to hit the fast twitch muscles so that it would help increase bat speed, however we would do some low rep especially with compound exercises to increase strength.

I think it's the other way round but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure power lifters rely on fast twitch for explosive strenght. As I say I could well be mixed up

Edit just googled and slow is for higher reps fast fatigue very quickly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I think it's the other way round but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure power lifters rely on fast twitch for explosive strenght. As I say I could well be mixed up

Edit just googled and slow is for higher reps fast fatigue very quickly

Interesting. I play golf nowadays and I always incorporate higher rep exercises for my core, lower back and hips which are vital for faster club head speed. Fast twitch fibers have to be activated for golf as slow twitch fibers are useless for this. I've gone from 110 mph club head speed to 122 mph with my driver by doing a lot of high rep isolation and compound exercises for the aforementioned muscles. Weird.

Last edited:
Interesting. I play golf nowadays and I always incorporate higher rep exercises for my core, lower back and hips which are vital for faster club head speed. Fast twitch fibers have to be activated for golf as slow twitch fibers are useless for this. I've gone from 110 mph club head speed to 122 mph with my driver by doing a lot of high rep isolation and compound exercises for the aforementioned muscles. Weird.

I guess slow, fast whatever all gets built up eventually. I'm very far knowledge on this, as I bodybuilder I do lower and higher reps just in the hope of hitting all fibres. I've just always known power lifters use fast twitch, well been pretty sure anyway. When you Google it its actually quite a complex subject do do with oxygen in muscle and such. Long story short what your doing has worked for you so it doesn't matter. Bet there's guys out there with 20 inch bis that have never even heard of fast and slow twitch they lift, eat, sleep inject. Results all that matter.

I guess slow, fast whatever all gets built up eventually. I'm very far knowledge on this, as I bodybuilder I do lower and higher reps just in the hope of hitting all fibres. I've just always known power lifters use fast twitch, well been pretty sure anyway. When you Google it its actually quite a complex subject do do with oxygen in muscle and such. Long story short what your doing has worked for you so it doesn't matter. Bet there's guys out there with 20 inch bis that have never even heard of fast and slow twitch they lift, eat, sleep inject. Results all that matter.

Absolutely...you should be training with BOTH high and low reps, some exercises are better suited for one vs the other...dont be a one trick pony.

Absolutely...you should be training with BOTH high and low reps, some exercises are better suited for one vs the other...dont be a one trick pony.

your one of the few folks on here that ive heard say that. i agree completly.some muscles respond better to higher reps, others respond better to lower reps. youve got to try both to see what works best for you.

It is a very complex and interesting subject indeed. From all my reading through the years and personal applications... Fast twitch are for more explosive limited duration movements. They tend to fatigue quickly and require more recovery time. Thats why you see so many power lifters with fast twitch fiber. when recovered correctly the strength gains will be greater in those with fast twitch. Also rest time between sets is more imparitive with those. A typical rest time of 5 mins or more is required to reload ATP stores for those explosive movements. Fast twitch guys tend to be strong but not much to look at because of a lack of pump in the muscle which is caused only by time under tension.

Where a fast twitch guy gets in trouble is increasing volume and duration to get the pump for growth..... but neglects to adjust for his increased recovery time between workouts due to his fiber type. He will grow...with more volume...only if he takes into consideration a balance between workload and rest.

Thats why Ive always leaned more towards the power aspect. My strength comes very quickly with proper training. Moreso than size even when training for size. I guess ive always thought well........... If I cant be as big as they are.... I will sure make em feel weak! LOL

yes

low rep high intensity = fast twitch
high rep low intensity = slow twitch

I believe the fast twitch muscles come into play during the last few reps of a high rep set, where fatigue comes into play , usually the last 2-5 reps.

I believe the fast twitch muscles come into play during the last few reps of a high rep set, where fatigue comes into play , usually the last 2-5 reps.

Where did u read that at? Just curious

^ isn't that the law of muscle recruitment? as you fatigue the more powerful faster twitch muscles start to work?

my first cycle was 6 weeks of prop. i shot 100mg twice a week. put on 20lbs.

a typical cycle for me is 800mg test/wk. maybe once a year i'll add some anadrol for 6 weeks. tren is another fav.

right now i'm 5'6" 220lbs. i've benched 405lbs for a double. squat/deadlifts 5 plates.

i've always responded better than my friends to gear. never used growth.

Last edited:
^ isn't that the law of muscle recruitment? as you fatigue the more powerful faster twitch muscles start to work?

No.... its the opposite. Fast twitch fade fast but are very explosive by nature.

For instance.... Someone with a majority of slow twitch lets say can bench 300 for 10 reps. Same guy with fast twitch can only hit 7 reps with 300.

Then another........ slow twitch guy maxes at 390 for a single. Fast twitch guy maxes at 415.

my college professors are apparently lying :rolleyes:

Yes exactly mate, there were about 7 different people at my old gym who tried selling to me / let me know what there cycles were and some of it was just flat out ridiculous I recall one guy running 200 mg tren everyday along with some high ass dbol dose , or one other thing that comes to mind is one guy running 1600 mg eq a week. Now those doses aren't to high for some people but these guys had such unappealing physiques that honestly I wouldn't be able to tell they were on gear , and there strength levels were that of a somewhat in shape high school athlete lol. So when I noticed that I knew I had to get on "real " gear otherwise id be like these fools wasting my money injecting myself for no reason with no results.

I'm almost positive it was fake or highly underdosed just because the fact that if your running that much gear even a weak non thought out diet and exercise plan would still get results running such gear, so with test being the only legit oil I could get and then knowing for a fact that the orals I would get were legit as well as most companies that sell ph's don't sell completely bunk orals, and especially the company that I used, this is why I decided to go on such a route. Currently in search of legit Deca its one of the oldies that I have yet to try but I have a feeling it'll help me out big time, still researching and waiting to pull the trigger with the sponsors here though even after speaking with a few good members I just get ocd about it.;)

Exactly the same situation with me man lol. Worrying about fake gear is terrible! It really is amazing how impressive you can get by using test consistently and cycling in otc orals as long as you eat clean and don't over eat. Honestly, if most people did this, within a years time frame they would be one of the tops guys in most average gyms (ie not metroflex or bev francis).
Just out of curiosity, is that you in your avatar pic? Do you like dieting with high carb, low fat or visa versa? That's my main thing I'm trying to figure out now - I think I got the taking gear thing down LOL:headbang:

my first cycle was 6 weeks of prop. i shot 100mg twice a week. put on 20lbs.

a typical cycle for me is 800mg test/wk. maybe once a year i'll add some anadrol for 6 weeks. tren is another fav.

right now i'm 5'6" 220lbs. i've benched 405lbs for a double. squat/deadlifts 5 plates.

i've always responded better than my friends to gear. never used growth.

That's absolutely unreal man. I respond well, but not that well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear