advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the source of the majority of your drinking water?

What's the source of the majority of your drinking water?

• Bottled water

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Tap water

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Tap water BUT FILTERED

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
Your water is probably cleaner from the tap than the bottled water I get. You have snow covered mountains there flowing clean mountain spring water. My tap is full of lead, and many drugs people have consumed then excreted our. I swear it’s as clean as drinking filtered waste water, no better.
I have to drink bottled water. I do use tap water when I cook my rice which I know is real bad. I suppose I asborb all the toxins while showeting in that piss water.

There are actually little water fountains supplying clean drinking water cross the city. Flex wee'd on one the other day :eek::D

There are actually little water fountains supplying clean drinking water cross the city. Flex wee'd on one the other day :eek::D

When I was in Italy we saw water fountains all over the city of Rome. I think it was Rome, but not sure now! We went to a lot of cities. Anyhow, i was a bit astonished to see the water fountains in the city running all day like that. They were constantly running and all were really old stone. It was cool to see. They say the water has been coming down like that for a long time, comes from the mountains I think. I drank from one and the water tasted good. It was 104 fahrenheit that day!

Nice study, good find! Makes me wonder how necessary it is. I need to ask my dentist his opinion. He is smart and a straight shooter. I think that if having fluoride in your drinking water is really important that you might find the rate of tooth decay going up a bit or at least not going down any since so many households these days seem to use bottled water or filtered.

Putting fluoride in the water is actually dangerous and toxic and huge reason in itself to drink filtered water.

Brita filter pitcher, coffee, coconut water, bottled & tap.

Where I live the municipal water supply is absolutely horrible. I live in the 3rd wealthiest midsized city yet it has some of the worst water quality in the state of CA. The only areas that rate worse are in or around Death Valley.
With that said most bottled water in the states esp that labeled "Drinking Water" is simply municipal water with added minerals or electrolytes for taste.

My drinking water of choice is Evian. Some countries in Euro have tap water that rates higher quality than most bottled water in the U.S.

Notice how the common term is "bottled" not purified etc? That is simply because there is a very low standard of quality in the U.S.

Canada has some of the cleanest tap water in the world. For those in the Northern portion of the U.S just cross over the border fill up a bunch of jugs and your good to go hahaha

When I was in Italy we saw water fountains all over the city of Rome. I think it was Rome, but not sure now! We went to a lot of cities. Anyhow, i was a bit astonished to see the water fountains in the city running all day like that. They were constantly running and all were really old stone. It was cool to see. They say the water has been coming down like that for a long time, comes from the mountains I think. I drank from one and the water tasted good. It was 104 fahrenheit that day!

The fountains in Rome are a tourist claim, so I'm sure you're right.

The fountains in Rome are a tourist claim, so I'm sure you're right.
Ok, I think it was there. Might have seen a few in other cities like Florence too. It was amazing to me how it just ran all day long. Seemed like a waste of good water, but they must have some kind of system down. You'd be walking down the street and bam, there's a fountain running. The water drained away somewhere, it recycles somehow.runs 24 hrs.

i drink tap water.
but that tap water is filled from a giant bin on the roof ( who knows when thats been cleaned! lol )
i drink a lot of water only tap for many years from places that would make most cringe, no real issues, the little hand on my tail is pretty useful!:alien:

Tap. But I've just bought a filter.

Nice study, good find! Makes me wonder how necessary it is. I need to ask my dentist his opinion. He is smart and a straight shooter. I think that if having fluoride in your drinking water is really important that you might find the rate of tooth decay going up a bit or at least not going down any since so many households these days seem to use bottled water or filtered.
Brita states their filters do not filter out fluoride. Most/many don't. They don't remove minerals etc. If you look at how much isn't filtered out you would be surprised. One of the reasons I stopped using them years ago. A seminar of dentists I saw years asked if their patients that used bicarbonate of soda and salt instead of tooth paste had higher rates of tooth decay. And the dentists said no difference.

I drink it thru the fridge which is filtered, sometimes straight from tap but not often

Brita states their filters do not filter out fluoride. Most/many don't. They don't remove minerals etc. If you look at how much isn't filtered out you would be surprised. One of the reasons I stopped using them years ago. A seminar of dentists I saw years asked if their patients that used bicarbonate of soda and salt instead of tooth paste had higher rates of tooth decay. And the dentists said no difference.
The truth probably lies somewhere in between the two stances, and some fluoride in the diet is good. I don't know how common fluoride is in the food and drink we eat, so some in the tooth paste doesn't pose any issues in my mind. After all you don't swallow the tooth paste either, most of it goes down the drain. Perhaps it is overdone in water.

That's disappointing of Brita. I do know for a fact that they filter out lead and some medications at least. There are some filters from Alexapure and Propure that also filter out most Fluoride.

Looks like men need between 4mg and 10 mg/day. Good info here. At the end it mentions a study that found an 18% higher risk of dental caries in US populations that had lower F levels in water. Mentions that kids that swallow toothpaste may risk getting too much.

Looks like men need between 4mg and 10 mg/day. Good info here. At the end it mentions a study that found an 18% higher risk of dental caries in US populations that had lower F levels in water. Mentions that kids that swallow toothpaste may risk getting too much.

I'd rather my kids have some cavities than for them to lose 4 IQ points.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between the two stances, and some fluoride in the diet is good. I don't know how common fluoride is in the food and drink we eat, so some in the tooth paste doesn't pose any issues in my mind. After all you don't swallow the tooth paste either, most of it goes down the drain. Perhaps it is overdone in water.

Fluoride is naturally occurring in many foods of course so is arsenic. It would just depend on what they were grown in as to how much they contain. I have seen were a pea sized piece of tooth paste is all that is required for brushing your teeth. But manufactures would prefer that everyone puts as big of a ribbon on the brush as it will hold. I go with the smaller volume.

Fluoride is naturally occurring in many foods of course so is arsenic. It would just depend on what they were grown in as to how much they contain. I have seen were a pea sized piece of tooth paste is all that is required for brushing your teeth. But manufactures would prefer that everyone puts as big of a ribbon on the brush as it will hold. I go with the smaller volume.
Very true! I think most of us use too much. I use too much hair shampoo too.

I was just thinking about how I have always had all of my cats drink tap water and no health problems there. Not sure if the ratio of water drunk/body weight for them is any different than a human, but right there is a good animal study. Never had a vet. tell me not to let our cats drink it. If anything, the dose of fluoride a cat gets might be bigger than a human.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear