advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

FK86

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Today I saw a guy use the 45 degree HS leg press as a chest press. He sat upright on the pad, knees bent, grabbed the corners of the foot plate and pushed forward. I gave it some thought, and after almost 20 years of training, I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in the gym.

I've seen some bizarre workouts. Mostly of the crossfit type such as getting into a pushup position and walking with your hands sideways. Then combining this with a circuit of burpees, "battle" ropes, box jumps etc. I don't know, maybe that improves your lung capacity 🤷‍♂️, but the leg press as a chest press is just stupid. Some people use the v-squat as a shoulder press. Also stupid. There's always a vibe from these people that they think they're being innovative too.

I've also noticed that the worst things I see at the gym like this are part of the old, baby boomer demographic. Obviously not all of them, but such an overwhelming majority at every gym I've ever been to. They talk the loudest, never clean machines, perform clueless workouts that do nothing, bother all the women with these awful stories, and are so insecure about their status. I understand the getting old and "not what I used to be" bruising their ego, but it's so pathetic to see them try to act like kings of the gym when they have no idea what they're doing. They also get visibly phased when anyone younger lifts more than them or looks like what they're doing is actually productive.

Anyone else have stories like this?

That’s amusing for sure! I don’t think I could resist the urge to ask them what the fuck are they actually doing!!!

Just anutha reason I’m glad I invested in my home gym. Ain’t gotta watch the morons, and the jackasses that make women feel uncomfortable.

Cage

That’s amusing for sure! I don’t think I could resist the urge to ask them what the fuck are they actually doing!!!

Just anutha reason I’m glad I invested in my home gym. Ain’t gotta watch the morons, and the jackasses that make women feel uncomfortable.

Cage

I miss my home gym. I had to move halfway across the country. It's a long story, but all my gym equipment is back at my parents place. Over time I'll have to gradually bring stuff over to where I am when I visit them. Fortunately, a lot of it can be quite compact when disassembled slightly.

A guy the other day doing some thing where he lays like he is doing a flat db press and shaking the DB above his chest for 30 sec.

Some super skinny guys wearing their shirt ezikiel Elliott style like it's a bra with stomach exposed ( like a girl would)

15 percent plus guys wearing a medium with moobs n muffin top showing, or a loose tank top with the side boob folds showing

A kid, newbie, taking up a bench for an hour doing bench press set after set with 135 eventually getting stuck under it

My mind is a blur with all the things i have seen and can't grasp in the gym. One of my favorite games i play with my self in the gym, is to try to guess what muscle is bein worked with the movement they are doing. Or if the person even knows what muscle they are working with what ever bizarre movement they are doing.

girls with BBLS and NO THYS look fucking ridiculous gag like damn lollipop , hard to respect them. worse when they show it off like its god given or gym-earned , foolish men always falling for that shit, like too $hort said "keep them broke but keep them pretty"

recently a trend out here is these goofy fucking men are wearing SHORT SHORTS with NO LEGS to show off. Until I have a great set of wheels I am covering up just fine. just hairy and tan wtf is this Italy? literally swim trunks looking shorts , as short as muay Thai shorts, if you are a muay Thai fighter cool, but they arent. but these guys are wearing more expensive brands like brixton and Patagonia lol, looks like swim trunks or board shorts....

tons of Chinese and Japanese rich students here @UCSD gym.... some dress like dragonball Z I swear to god, lots of the guys look non binary with purple and blue and bleached hair. Seeing them shadow box is even funnier, or when they hit the heavy bag outside lmfao. Then there's the foreigners who refuse to wear deoderant its like an Auschwitz gas chamber walking in this mfer half the time, I'm doing like coast guard under water breathing drills just to get to the treadmill. They think they are race car drivers in their mazdas and hondas, a few have nice subarus.... they never say excuse me or hi or please, they just rub shoulders with you and IMO they are the ones most paranoid about covid go figure.

sometimes the asians exfoliate in steam and sauna and scrape their dead skin flakes ALL OVER, another guy shaves his pubes in the shower and one of us had to use it after, then we came back (my navy homey and I) talking shit in locker room to each other like who the fuck would shave their nuts in the shower and not clean it up? The black dude was all butthurt lol but he was on quiet time.

Once I was at a YMCA downstate and it's an open shower. Big f-ing deal, right? But one day there were three of us in there, or 4 who knows, and this group, in suits, 2 women in professional dress are standing in there discussing the showers. We just kept right on showering. They were giving them a tour for whatever reason and the YMCA guy said, "Okay, well that's the shower and I'll show you where the sauna are..." And they walked out. I said, "WTF was that?" The guy next to me said, "Any longer and I was going to ask those hotties if they were going to wash my balls for me." I was dying. I still laugh about that shit.

I've seen so much crazy. Too many stories to tell. Like the kid getting pinned in the hack squat. The old cheap lockout rods to rest the shoulder pads on. Ever after it came to be known as the Iron Cross. He was crucified on that sucker until we dug him out.

Years ago at a Powerhouse gym I trained at was this guy we all nicknamed "Arny". He would load up the leg press machine with all the 45's in the gym. He would walk around the machine and talk to it every day but never do it. One day I came in and the ambulance was taking someone out. Arny had decided to try it and crush his legs.

Years later I was training at another gym not to far from that powerhouse. Behold Arny got a membership there. I warned management what he had done at the powerhouse but they did nothing. He did the same damn thing. Walk around the press machine loaded up talking to it until the final day. He got in it and crushed his legs again.

Feel sorry for him because most likely he suffered from a mental illness but was the dumbest thing I ever seen in a gym. It seems like every gym has that guy.

Today I saw a guy use the 45 degree HS leg press as a chest press. He sat upright on the pad, knees bent, grabbed the corners of the foot plate and pushed forward. I gave it some thought, and after almost 20 years of training, I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in the gym.

I've seen some bizarre workouts. Mostly of the crossfit type such as getting into a pushup position and walking with your hands sideways. Then combining this with a circuit of burpees, "battle" ropes, box jumps etc. I don't know, maybe that improves your lung capacity 🤷‍♂️, but the leg press as a chest press is just stupid. Some people use the v-squat as a shoulder press. Also stupid. There's always a vibe from these people that they think they're being innovative too.

I've also noticed that the worst things I see at the gym like this are part of the old, baby boomer demographic. Obviously not all of them, but such an overwhelming majority at every gym I've ever been to. They talk the loudest, never clean machines, perform clueless workouts that do nothing, bother all the women with these awful stories, and are so insecure about their status. I understand the getting old and "not what I used to be" bruising their ego, but it's so pathetic to see them try to act like kings of the gym when they have no idea what they're doing. They also get visibly phased when anyone younger lifts more than them or looks like what they're doing is actually productive.

Anyone else have stories like this?
Every time I had work in Russia I’ve seen many many dudes doing this..think it’s a Russian thing

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear