advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

The days of "Cardio Bunnies" are over. It's now girls wearing the pump covers taking up the squat racks to work on the booty. Not saying I have a problem with it, just an observation.
I remember seeing them yapping their jaws off high on mega doses of ephedrine HCl and caffeine combo, gossiping on the treadmills , do not miss them

has crossfit died out yet? lol

Unilateral flyes on a pec deck are excellent - you can get a bit more of a squeeze with extended ROM since your hands aren't meeting in the middle.
I may have to give a shot in using for chest. Wondering your opinion on the best way to use it for rear delts. I know you gave me an exercise in the rear delt thread on the pulley using a short ROM I believe it was mentioned Jose Raymond uses a short ROM for rear delts. I looked up his videos and now use the reverse pec Dec how he does and really feel it. I'll see if I can find the video.

I may have to give a shot in using for chest. Wondering your opinion on the best way to use it for rear delts. I know you gave me an exercise in the rear delt thread on the pulley using a short ROM I believe it was mentioned Jose Raymond uses a short ROM for rear delts. I looked up his videos and now use the reverse pec Dec how he does and really feel it. I'll see if I can find the video.

There it is at 4:36. Wondering your thoughts on this form? Seems very different than how most use it but it has the short ROM and I really like it. I've gone heavy, think 8rm cluster sets, and light 20+ reps and both feel like they really allow me to feel my rear delt squeezing. Something I've had trouble with in the past

I've never used a pec deck for rear delts. My arms are too long, I can't get it to hit my rear delts.

Kids with tripods every where and weight 120lbs soak and wet
I saw this the other day.. guy with his shirt off doing some standing presses all while filming with a tripod.
Shirt off I don't care about.. I do the same.. but the whole photoshoot layout.. I guess. To each his own.. I just made a mental note on the gym scene changing and just got on the stair climber.
Note.. I rarely hit the gym.. I workout at home and run the neighborhood/local-parks

I saw this the other day.. guy with his shirt off doing some standing presses all while filming with a tripod.
Shirt off I don't care about.. I do the same.. but the whole photoshoot layout.. I guess. To each his own.. I just made a mental note on the gym scene changing and just got on the stair climber.
Note.. I rarely hit the gym.. I workout at home and run the neighborhood/local-parks
You don’t take your shirt off to workout in a public gym though do you? Don’t public gyms enforce no shoes, no shirt, no service??

Cage

You don’t take your shirt off to workout in a public gym though do you? Don’t public gyms enforce no shoes, no shirt, no service??

Cage
in my home garage i take my shirt off.. but i dont do that at a public gym.
i will take my shirt off when playing basketball at a public gym.. as do others..
but i stay in my full gym attire when in the lifting area.

when i commented on the guy being shirtless, it was more of a comment on the whole 'scene setup' for his film.

The kids do really stupid shit but especially when I’m doing an cardio I watch the boomers strut around dressed like they’re going to do aerobics in the 80s strutting like a bodybuilder on back day bellies out lifting nothing and trying to act like college football players being all loud as fuck and dapping each other up all while wearing like sketchers walking shoes and shit. If they just fucking trained and didn’t try to act young they might actually look better. They also get mad if you get on a machine after them and watch you drop the pin like 6 plates for your warm up as if you’re showing off. They also are very comfortable walking around the locker room naked while talking to people.

damn, i almost knocked some college kid out a few weeks ago, on the hanging knee raises there was a water bottle. I was across doing cable flys waiting for someone to claim it and use it purposely - eagle eyes - nobody! 5 min later I go to hop on and this black fool comes running over and says bruh I'm using that. I said no you aren't I am. He said but that's my stuff. I said I don't care you weren't here I watched for 5 min. He said bruh I was super setting. I lost my cool and said do you want to take a walk outside instead? he's like nah bro I'm not trying to fight you, its all good ill just go. I said its not a problem, you should work in with me, but what you shouldn't do is superset in a packed gym as if you have payed to RSVP this equipment. then goofy asian dude with the boy meets world haircut and bleached bangs doing his TEKKEN workouts pipes in "bro he was on that machine before you" I lost it and just told him to shut the fuck up and mind his own business or he can take a walk too. He responds "calm down bro what is it tren rage?" I laughed and said no, but thanks for the compliment! imagine if I was on tren :) he then says "dude you're like almost 30 trying to fight me I'm 25" I had a huge grin on my face! another complement. How can I be mad at this point? I said oh man you just made my day thank you, Im actually 34! lmfao . he tried to say something rude after and I just snapped and said I will catch you in the parking lot mother fucker . I come here everyday. I will run into you. And its going to be everytime I see you" at this point I was scared because I was personal training a brand new client! cool persian dude but it was his first day! bad impression, but he was laughing and impressed I told both these fools what time it is. they were both taller than me , goofy ass fools that are soft as a peach. Anway, most importantly I didn't get kicked out! and my client kept training and is doing great :) we are tight now. fuck all this super setting shit in a packed gym. your homey better be holding down the fort on that machine while you are using the other! no water bottle or towel to claim it . gtfo the asian dude tried to head nod me the other day I laughed in his face, kings don't concern themselves with the quarrels of peasants
Yea they plant shit all over the gym, if you’re not on a piece of gear 3-5 min then I’m getting on and no you’re not working in. I had a similar situation but two guys lifting with me and the dude said “I’m working in with you then”. I said the fuck you are, he said I am, before I realized it I’d grabbed the lat pull bar leaning next to the tricep press down, item in question, my training partner grabbed my forearm and told him to go and fast, he did. There were several onlookers who said I was in the right one asked “would you really have hit him with the bar” I didn’t remember grabbing it but before I could answer my boy said “oh fuck yea he woulda”. This was the same gym where I popped a guys eye in the parking lot who sucker punched me and I honestly don’t remember that whole situation either but the cops showed up and witnesses had it where they were asking if I wanted to press charges which would’ve resulted in me getting a ticket for disorderly conduct as well?!?!? Sometimes these dudes need some act right.

The kids do really stupid shit but especially when I’m doing an cardio I watch the boomers strut around dressed like they’re going to do aerobics in the 80s strutting like a bodybuilder on back day bellies out lifting nothing and trying to act like college football players being all loud as fuck and dapping each other up all while wearing like sketchers walking shoes and shit. If they just fucking trained and didn’t try to act young they might actually look better. They also get mad if you get on a machine after them and watch you drop the pin like 6 plates for your warm up as if you’re showing off. They also are very comfortable walking around the locker room naked while talking to people.
The Gold's I train quads at has 2 Hammer Strength leg press next to each other. I can't tell you how many times I've been on one, I'm at 7-8-9 plates (from starting with 1-2), and a middle-aged guy gets on the one next to me and immediately loads 5-6 plates for his first set. I always shake my head because it's the sad ego coming out. Those are the guys I wouldn't help if they got hurt or got stuck at the bottom because that's the only way they'll learn their lesson.

Maybe I grew up in a different era or need glasses but it's harder to tell the chicks from the dudes. I swear I saw a short dude walk out of the girls locker room. Then I saw a skinny girl lifting an unusual amount of weight then she stood up and was really tall like a wnba player or a guy with feminine traits.
I just ordered this. Screenshot 2023-02-23 162136.png

Yea they plant shit all over the gym, if you’re not on a piece of gear 3-5 min then I’m getting on and no you’re not working in. I had a similar situation but two guys lifting with me and the dude said “I’m working in with you then”. I said the fuck you are, he said I am, before I realized it I’d grabbed the lat pull bar leaning next to the tricep press down, item in question, my training partner grabbed my forearm and told him to go and fast, he did. There were several onlookers who said I was in the right one asked “would you really have hit him with the bar” I didn’t remember grabbing it but before I could answer my boy said “oh fuck yea he woulda”. This was the same gym where I popped a guys eye in the parking lot who sucker punched me and I honestly don’t remember that whole situation either but the cops showed up and witnesses had it where they were asking if I wanted to press charges which would’ve resulted in me getting a ticket for disorderly conduct as well?!?!? Sometimes these dudes need some act right.
Haha. We have a guy who likes to claim a bench and machine 50 feet away by dropping his hoodie or cell on each one or leaving 4 dumbbell under the bench while he walks over to the machine. I've never needed the bench he claims by putting his stuff down but I'm hoping for the day he does. Just so if he says anything I can be the one to let him know I don't acknowledge claiming a piece of equipment by sitting your stuff on it while you don't use it for 5 minutes. I haven't seen many sketchers but I do see kids in Crocs lol

The Gold's I train quads at has 2 Hammer Strength leg press next to each other. I can't tell you how many times I've been on one, I'm at 7-8-9 plates (from starting with 1-2), and a middle-aged guy gets on the one next to me and immediately loads 5-6 plates for his first set. I always shake my head because it's the sad ego coming out. Those are the guys I wouldn't help if they got hurt or got stuck at the bottom because that's the only way they'll learn their lesson.
i'm the opposite these days.. for example, if a female is squatting next to me with say 2 plates on each side, where i'm squatting, i'll put a quarter on each side.. but i rep my shit out for like 100..
ok.. so i float between 260-270lbs(my baseline weight), but i'm saving my knees for running.. so i just rep shit out.

I hate to generalize but I have made some observations about the way people carry themselves, the demographic, and yes via profiling - comparing two gyms from same big corporate company (24 hour) and these gyms are 15 min away. One gym is at the edge of the hood, and the other is in a mall at the edge of the city. The people at the ghetto gym are less serious, they are more unkempt in terms of how they dress, carry themselves, they have less manners, they fuck around more. and the lesser nice gym is disgusting, the peop,le at the front desk are rude all 3-4 of them compared the the other nice gym. Not everyone at front desk is spectacular at nicer gym but it must be required of them to say hi and hello to everyone who walks in, which to me as a former GM for these companies at various times is imperative.

first impressions are last impressions! manners are free and will take you far.

at the other gym, its 15 more per month because its a supersport. not that I give a flying fuck but everyone dresses way more sleek and more name brand stuff lol, point is they dress appropriately not like ravers or skateboarders like the other gym has, the people are more serious (even the 20 years olds go figure) for whatever reason at the nicer gym they train harder, the demographic for race is barely maybe 15% more Caucasians at the nice gym, but entirely diff vibe, and people use manners at the big gym. I have gone to both frequently since 2014 alternating. Wierd phenomenon. I will say i have been asked more by old white dudes at the nice gym in sauna what my tattoos stand for (creepily) than at the gheto place. nobody cares at the ghetto place.

Cage
Most do but people still do it especially if the gym is not crowded at the moment. Most of time I try not to laugh. We got guys that think they are Mr. Olympia material cuz they placed top 5 in a local show with very few competitors.

Don't get me wrong, they look decent but just not as good as they think they look. I say in 5 years, reality will hit them.

Also, I don't really care who does that as long as they don't get in my way or do it around me, especially with the camera bullshit.

Shit I just remembered something.
I also hate it when someone yells on every rep of every set. Fuck that. I get it once in a while but not on every fucking set.

Oh, and I don't care how big and tough you think you are or even how big and tough you really are, rack your fucking weights. I want to maul assholes that don't rack their weights.

Haha. We have a guy who likes to claim a bench and machine 50 feet away by dropping his hoodie or cell on each one or leaving 4 dumbbell under the bench while he walks over to the machine. I've never needed the bench he claims by putting his stuff down but I'm hoping for the day he does. Just so if he says anything I can be the one to let him know I don't acknowledge claiming a piece of equipment by sitting your stuff on it while you don't use it for 5 minutes. I haven't seen many sketchers but I do see kids in Crocs lol
bwhahaha- fuck that noise- If no one is on a machine I want to use for 5 min, I don't care what's on it or around it. Shit is getting moved. I think 5 min is a good limit.

i'm the opposite these days.. for example, if a female is squatting next to me with say 2 plates on each side, where i'm squatting, i'll put a quarter on each side.. but i rep my shit out for like 100..
ok.. so i float between 260-270lbs(my baseline weight), but i'm saving my knees for running.. so i just rep shit out.
Careful talking about volume reps. Some guys go nuts when they hear about people doing high volume rep workouts :eek:

I hate to generalize but I have made some observations about the way people carry themselves, the demographic, and yes via profiling - comparing two gyms from same big corporate company (24 hour) and these gyms are 15 min away. One gym is at the edge of the hood, and the other is in a mall at the edge of the city. The people at the ghetto gym are less serious, they are more unkempt in terms of how they dress, carry themselves, they have less manners, they fuck around more. and the lesser nice gym is disgusting, the peop,le at the front desk are rude all 3-4 of them compared the the other nice gym. Not everyone at front desk is spectacular at nicer gym but it must be required of them to say hi and hello to everyone who walks in, which to me as a former GM for these companies at various times is imperative.

first impressions are last impressions! manners are free and will take you far.

at the other gym, its 15 more per month because its a supersport. not that I give a flying fuck but everyone dresses way more sleek and more name brand stuff lol, point is they dress appropriately not like ravers or skateboarders like the other gym has, the people are more serious (even the 20 years olds go figure) for whatever reason at the nicer gym they train harder, the demographic for race is barely maybe 15% more Caucasians at the nice gym, but entirely diff vibe, and people use manners at the big gym. I have gone to both frequently since 2014 alternating. Wierd phenomenon. I will say i have been asked more by old white dudes at the nice gym in sauna what my tattoos stand for (creepily) than at the gheto place. nobody cares at the ghetto place.
so you go to 2 gyms? Why? I've got some people in my area that go to 4 or 5. I assume they either get a discount or free on some of them. I just don't understand why a person would go to more than one gym especially if that gym has multiple locations which maybe you are referring to that?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws