advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

so you go to 2 gyms? Why? I've got some people in my area that go to 4 or 5. I assume they either get a discount or free on some of them. I just don't understand why a person would go to more than one gym especially if that gym has multiple locations which maybe you are referring to that?

There’s many reasons why. One is closer to work, other is close to home. Some gyms have better free weight selection, others have better machines. Some are crowded in the am, others in the afternoon.

so you go to 2 gyms? Why? I've got some people in my area that go to 4 or 5. I assume they either get a discount or free on some of them. I just don't understand why a person would go to more than one gym especially if that gym has multiple locations which maybe you are referring to that?
the reason why is m preferred gym, the NICE gym, which is actually closes proximity to me, closes at 10pm! and sometimes I am unable to get there until 9ish, and I hate rushing a workout even know I don't take long, because I also am really adamant about hitting the sauna after and detoxing too + deep stretches and some breath work. One thing i fucking hate is being rushed in any circumstance or environment espec after being my own boss for 11+ years straight. living life on my terms jk lol well for the most part ideally

Although when I lived in Carlsbad dantes area I would go to 24 in their mall, and also TG (the old worlds) in the city next over which was a really hardcore competitive gym, and the 24 was mostly older surfers and mellow but it had the sauna and steam still.
and also although these are both same corporate gyms, they have a lot of diff equip and layout.

Careful talking about volume reps. Some guys go nuts when they hear about people doing high volume rep workouts :eek:
I'm team swimmersbody these days. Don't care.
Never was a bodybuilder.. just a former basketball player who enjoys lifting.
Been lifting consistently for ~30 years.

I'm team swimmersbody these days. Don't care.
Never was a bodybuilder.. just a former basketball player who enjoys lifting.
Been lifting consistently for ~30 years.
I was just busting balls a bit. Some guys do blow their top looking at others lifting styles and trying to tell them they are wrong.
I agree with you on not caring. We know ourselves best and what works best for us at current times.

It's always good to hear advice and try new things or ideas if we are so inclined to lean that way but IMO, no one is 'wrong' in doing what they feel works for themselves.

Man I talk to a lot of people at the gym not everytime I am there but I usually know peoples name and lifting goals. Maybe even a little about their personal lives. And everyone it seems claims to have good genetics because my dad was big. No ones ever heard of a diet they don't even want to know about it. I always ask them if they drive their car without gas. Which seems to get a laugh but little else. They all say if your training over 1 hour your over training. Girls will follow bb on Instagram but hate steroid users(locally I guess) I been back in the gym now for 8 months and I haven't seen these people make any gains. Like wtf are you here for??

the reason why is m preferred gym, the NICE gym, which is actually closes proximity to me, closes at 10pm! and sometimes I am unable to get there until 9ish, and I hate rushing a workout even know I don't take long, because I also am really adamant about hitting the sauna after and detoxing too + deep stretches and some breath work. One thing i fucking hate is being rushed in any circumstance or environment espec after being my own boss for 11+ years straight. living life on my terms jk lol well for the most part ideally

Although when I lived in Carlsbad dantes area I would go to 24 in their mall, and also TG (the old worlds) in the city next over which was a really hardcore competitive gym, and the 24 was mostly older surfers and mellow but it had the sauna and steam still.
and also although these are both same corporate gyms, they have a lot of diff equip and layout.
In 2021 I worked out at the 24hr off Palomar Airport.
I'd run from the Ralph's off poinsettia/i5, all the to aveiara, then down the hill to Palomar airport. It's about 2miles one way.
Then I'd run back the same way but would stop at the beach. Take in the scene, hot tub, shower, then call it a night.

When in lived in SE Daygo, I'd work out at the SDSU Arc. Fun times.

I was just busting balls a bit. Some guys do blow their top looking at others lifting styles and trying to tell them they are wrong.
I agree with you on not caring. We know ourselves best and what works best for us at current times.

It's always good to hear advice and try new things or ideas if we are so inclined to lean that way but IMO, no one is 'wrong' in doing what they feel works for themselves.
I didn't take offense to your reply. I was just making it clear I'm just a gym rat with some PED addictions.

In 2021 I worked out at the 24hr off Palomar Airport.
I'd run from the Ralph's off poinsettia/i5, all the to aveiara, then down the hill to Palomar airport. It's about 2miles one way.
Then I'd run back the same way but would stop at the beach. Take in the scene, hot tub, shower, then call it a night.

When in lived in SE Daygo, I'd work out at the SDSU Arc. Fun times.
That 24 I would go to (palomar airport) because it was open 24/7, LCC has the NICEST LOCATION! brand new everything but no sauna/steam . I went to the big church off aviara for a minute. I used to go to that ralphs as well sometimes when smart n final didnt have what i wanted lol. But I was right on the beach literally in the village and then also off canon overlooking the lagoon, upscale community . yes i miss the beach carlsbad is the nicest beach city in sd, you pay for the breeze they say, its a trip because you go across the bridge to oceanside and its ghetto af in most parts. Where in SE daygo? you obviously spent some time here if you call it daygo that's more of a "with it" term out here for the city in my experiences not squares use that term lol. I have never lived out that way but i have downtown in various places

I hate to generalize but I have made some observations about the way people carry themselves, the demographic, and yes via profiling - comparing two gyms from same big corporate company (24 hour) and these gyms are 15 min away. One gym is at the edge of the hood, and the other is in a mall at the edge of the city. The people at the ghetto gym are less serious, they are more unkempt in terms of how they dress, carry themselves, they have less manners, they fuck around more. and the lesser nice gym is disgusting, the peop,le at the front desk are rude all 3-4 of them compared the the other nice gym. Not everyone at front desk is spectacular at nicer gym but it must be required of them to say hi and hello to everyone who walks in, which to me as a former GM for these companies at various times is imperative.

first impressions are last impressions! manners are free and will take you far.

at the other gym, its 15 more per month because its a supersport. not that I give a flying fuck but everyone dresses way more sleek and more name brand stuff lol, point is they dress appropriately not like ravers or skateboarders like the other gym has, the people are more serious (even the 20 years olds go figure) for whatever reason at the nicer gym they train harder, the demographic for race is barely maybe 15% more Caucasians at the nice gym, but entirely diff vibe, and people use manners at the big gym. I have gone to both frequently since 2014 alternating. Wierd phenomenon. I will say i have been asked more by old white dudes at the nice gym in sauna what my tattoos stand for (creepily) than at the gheto place. nobody cares at the ghetto place.
Haha same with me. I go to a Getto gym and a gym in the preppy area. Show me a picture of someone random and I can probably guess what gym they go to. Society loves to say how bad stereotypes are but I bet all those calling toxic uneducated clowns would scream "roid rage" if they witnessed say jay Cutler beating someone up.

I can’t get over how many people at the gym have Peloton shirts on. I see them everywhere. Black with white lettering I assume they come with the machine.

Valley barbell back in the late 80’s San Diego, a true old school hardcore gym. Retired pro bodybuilder from back in the beginning days built all the gym equipment by hand in the shop. I think the gym has changed names but it’s still around. And moved. They had a payphone on the wall. One day it randomly rang, I answered. It was about 4 AM and some guy was asking if it was crowded and some other questions but he sounded off to me. Said he wanted to come in for a workout but wanted to know how busy it was. It was 4 AM dude, there’s like five of us in here. Whatever. Then he starts asking weird personal questions. I figured out quick he was gay and whacking off. Slammed the phone down. Finish my work out not giving it much thought. Went out to the parking lot to hop on my bike, as I wrote a motorcycle during that time. And sone huge dude walks up to me, (I’m 6 ft 220 ish at the time, 19 years old, still a bit naive kid…this guy 6’4 built) he asked me if I’m the one that hung up the phone on him. I put two and two together real quick. Pulled out a knife and told him one step closer and I start slashing. He backed off, never saw him again. I told the owner what was up and it turns out they had other encounters with this freak. Police showed up the next day and took a report. Never did hear what happened.

Valley barbell back in the late 80’s San Diego, a true old school hardcore gym. Retired pro bodybuilder from back in the beginning days built all the gym equipment by hand in the shop. I think the gym has changed names but it’s still around. And moved. They had a payphone on the wall. One day it randomly rang, I answered. It was about 4 AM and some guy was asking if it was crowded and some other questions but he sounded off to me. Said he wanted to come in for a workout but wanted to know how busy it was. It was 4 AM dude, there’s like five of us in here. Whatever. Then he starts asking weird personal questions. I figured out quick he was gay and whacking off. Slammed the phone down. Finish my work out not giving it much thought. Went out to the parking lot to hop on my bike, as I wrote a motorcycle during that time. And sone huge dude walks up to me, (I’m 6 ft 220 ish at the time, 19 years old, still a bit naive kid…this guy 6’4 built) he asked me if I’m the one that hung up the phone on him. I put two and two together real quick. Pulled out a knife and told him one step closer and I start slashing. He backed off, never saw him again. I told the owner what was up and it turns out they had other encounters with this freak. Police showed up the next day and took a report. Never did hear what happened.
Good for you with the quick thinking

wild fucking story!

The Gold's I train quads at has 2 Hammer Strength leg press next to each other. I can't tell you how many times I've been on one, I'm at 7-8-9 plates (from starting with 1-2), and a middle-aged guy gets on the one next to me and immediately loads 5-6 plates for his first set. I always shake my head because it's the sad ego coming out. Those are the guys I wouldn't help if they got hurt or got stuck at the bottom because that's the only way they'll learn their lesson.
Lol yea I’m 44 and I still work up to 8-9 plates a side for reps and like you I warm up with 45 a side some times 25s no shame in being smart. The best is when I’m fully warm doin 12 rep bench sets with 315 and the. I’ll Eve kids come over ice cold, load 225 or so and the bencher drops it down the spotter does a row up for like 8 and then they do side tricep shots next to me mind you I’ve got prolly 8 inches on their arms it’s so delusional. The old dudes in my area tend to try to dodge the mirror when I’m pumped and hate stare me but I’m closer to them In age than the “kids” so ehh

Haha I remember payphones are they still around? Back then we had blockbuster to rent movies too.

The no warm-up sets guys always make me laugh. I don't mind them though because they spend less time using something.

Today I saw someone do bench press leg raises. Raise the legs on the descent, press and lower the legs. I don't know what was accomplished 🤷‍♂️

The no warm-up sets guys always make me laugh. I don't mind them though because they spend less time using something.

Today I saw someone do bench press leg raises. Raise the legs on the descent, press and lower the legs. I don't know what was accomplished 🤷‍♂️
If you ask him he'll say it's "functional " training

My view of people in the gym is directly tied to how often they get on the equipment I need. I will see some kid and remember the time he was on the Hammer press when I needed it. I wish everyone would skip warmups and lower volume and get their workout in quicker. I don't know if all this high volume crap is actually affecting wait times in the gym but wouldn't be surprised if a study showed it did

Guy tonight not super fat but not lean wearing a tank that shows the outer pec, 15+ bf, a good amount of titage/fold visible. Probably needs to get to about 8% and possibly gyno surgery before wearing that again. Feel like I got flashed.

Guy tonight not super fat but not lean wearing a tank that shows the outer pec, 15+ bf, a good amount of titage/fold visible. Probably needs to get to about 8% and possibly gyno surgery before wearing that again. Feel like I got flashed.
My thread is about ridiculous behaviour or exercises in the gym. You spend way too much time staring at people and trying to calculate their precise body fat percentage and how it doesn't meet your standards, which no one cares about.

My thread is about ridiculous behaviour or exercises in the gym. You spend way too much time staring at people and trying to calculate their precise body fat percentage and how it doesn't meet your standards, which no one cares about.
Yet in your first post you are speculating that you know when your fellow gym goers have their ego bruised and you know the reason why.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131