advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

I used to go to this really cool gym that was in the basement of an apartment building, really cool vibe, just cinder block walls, good but not fancy equipment, everything you need but not many things w duplicates. There was a POS douche, that seemed to always be at the gym when i was and he did a lot of stupid exercises you guys have mentioned but he committed a few majors triggers for me. He NEVER broke down/re-racked his weights, NEVER cleaned up and he also literally didn't wash his hands after he used the bathroom. I witnessed him do this a few times and that's what finally broke me. Next time i was in there and i saw him take a piss and just walk out i said "hey, you gonna wash your hands?" he just gave me a look and walked out. Couple weeks later i caught him again and just told him "hey wash your hands" he replied "fuck off" so i followed him out of the bathroom and announced out loud to the gym that he never washes his hands after a piss. He complained to the gym manager (who i was actually fairly tight with) and the gym manager was like "you're complaining because we expect you to wash your hands after you touch your dick?" (The manager filled me in on that part)
This is going too long, I'll try to wrap it up... dude was totally unrepentant, defiant even. Gym manager was not happy with him. I started calling the guy out whenever i saw him not break down weights, he'd either just ignore me or flip me off. The manager knew this was ongoing. On a late Sunday evening we were the only ones in there (how the F is that?!) and he's listlessly going around using every damn thing leaving weights on everything. I gave him shit and then next time i saw the manager i mentioned it to him. He said he had talked w the guy multiple times about it before, he watched the security footage from that Sunday and kicked the guy out of the gym finally. I felt kind of weird getting someone kicked out of a gym but what the fuck?
Sorry for the long story

Much shorter story is this guy that always hangs upside down by the back of his knees from the beam connecting the cable stations. Doesn't do anything but sets of hanging upside down.
Thank God for my home gym

Much shorter story is this guy that always hangs upside down by the back of his knees from the beam connecting the cable stations. Doesn't do anything but sets of hanging upside down.
Thank God for my home gym
That's one I haven't seen. Maybe some sort of traction for the lower back?

I used to go to this really cool gym that was in the basement of an apartment building, really cool vibe, just cinder block walls, good but not fancy equipment, everything you need but not many things w duplicates. There was a POS douche, that seemed to always be at the gym when i was and he did a lot of stupid exercises you guys have mentioned but he committed a few majors triggers for me. He NEVER broke down/re-racked his weights, NEVER cleaned up and he also literally didn't wash his hands after he used the bathroom. I witnessed him do this a few times and that's what finally broke me. Next time i was in there and i saw him take a piss and just walk out i said "hey, you gonna wash your hands?" he just gave me a look and walked out. Couple weeks later i caught him again and just told him "hey wash your hands" he replied "fuck off" so i followed him out of the bathroom and announced out loud to the gym that he never washes his hands after a piss. He complained to the gym manager (who i was actually fairly tight with) and the gym manager was like "you're complaining because we expect you to wash your hands after you touch your dick?" (The manager filled me in on that part)
This is going too long, I'll try to wrap it up... dude was totally unrepentant, defiant even. Gym manager was not happy with him. I started calling the guy out whenever i saw him not break down weights, he'd either just ignore me or flip me off. The manager knew this was ongoing. On a late Sunday evening we were the only ones in there (how the F is that?!) and he's listlessly going around using every damn thing leaving weights on everything. I gave him shit and then next time i saw the manager i mentioned it to him. He said he had talked w the guy multiple times about it before, he watched the security footage from that Sunday and kicked the guy out of the gym finally. I felt kind of weird getting someone kicked out of a gym but what the fuck?
Sorry for the long story
You have to expect you're touching fecal matter whenever you're at public places.
Especially the gym.
Ever sat down at a machine or bench where some lady left her period/vaginal funk ?

I didn't take offense to your reply. I was just making it clear I'm just a gym rat with some PED addictions.
Pretty much the same as me. I used to be more into powerlifting but now, like you stated, I'm pretty much just a gym rat addicted to some PEDs.
I still like to lift heavy when I can but not as strong as I used to be.

I can’t get over how many people at the gym have Peloton shirts on. I see them everywhere. Black with white lettering I assume they come with the machine.
Those commercials are horrible.

The no warm-up sets guys always make me laugh. I don't mind them though because they spend less time using something.

Today I saw someone do bench press leg raises. Raise the legs on the descent, press and lower the legs. I don't know what was accomplished 🤷‍♂️
LOL- I stopped trying to help people a little while back whenever I see weird shit or something that looks like it could injure them. Too many are like ah I'm fine, I know what I am doing. I don't argue but in my head I'm luck good luck you fucking idiot.

You have to expect you're touching fecal matter whenever you're at public places.
Especially the gym.
Ever sat down at a machine or bench where some lady left her period/vaginal funk ?
Oh yeah, for sure. It's just the blatant disregard for other people that pisses me off. The world is dirty enough, we don't need fresh little dick-bits scattered around coz some asshat cant be bothered to wash his hands. I call people out in public sometimes haha i just think its rude. Usually they act like "oh yeah, i forgot" and then wash them. Fucking typhoid Mary running around

For the first time ever yesterday I watched someone set up a tripod in a crowded gym to video himself doing bench press.

Wearing a tank top, looking like he's worked out for all of 3 months.

I'm not really old and this actually upset me for some strange reason. This generation working out for a few months and acting like their experts and having youtube accounts and shit. Just makes me shake my head. I have no idea where they got this concept that they are important or anyone gives a fuck about them.

Also, what if I do not want to be in your video? I'm actually in disbelief gyms allow this. Editing the video or not you do not have my permission to point that thing in my general direction.

I'm not really old and this actually upset me for some strange reason. This generation working out for a few months and acting like their experts and having youtube accounts and shit. Just makes me shake my head. I have no idea where they got this concept that they are important or anyone gives a fuck about them.

Social media showed people that are willing to exploit themselves for the world to see could end up making a nice living from it. Still don’t get why people care about other people they don’t know on social media, but they do for sure!

Cage

Walking backwards on the treadmill. I'm seeing more and more people do this and I cannot figure out why.

Walking backwards on the treadmill. I'm seeing more and more people do this and I cannot figure out why.
Yea some dude at the gym told me to do this, also told me deads don't work back as well.....so

Those people are usually just stuck in the past 😆 ..jk I wonder that too

Don't really pay attention to other people, I'm too zoned in on my own workout...BUT...

Today there was this chick in the gym in a mini skirt and a rather showy tank top. Was kind of hard to miss. Legit never have seen a girl wear a mini skirt to the gym in the 11 years I've been lifting, which I thought was a little odd. It's obvious she was looking for attention, or perhaps more than just attention. Kind of chuckled to myself, then went back to my set

Commercial gyms have some interesting characters sometimes

re: belly shirt

im somewhat guilty here.. when at the gym, and running on the treadmill or using the stairlcimber, i get hot as f*ck.
i'll pull the whole front side of my shirt over my neck.. i cant do cardio in a closed building... i need fresh air.
when i workout in my garage or running outside, my shirt is off.. too freakn hot..
even when it's 50-someting outside, ill wear a longsleeve shirt when running, but after 1mile
that shirt comes completely off.. too hot.
Crop tops are coming back in style for men. I'm all for it if they've got the physique to match it.

Dancing. This big girl in my gym has these large headphones on and dances between sets. She does it all the time. I look at other people to see their reaction but people seem to just not care so whatever I guess.
I actually think thats pretty cool! A girl at one of the gyms I got to shuffles between sets. Makes me want to learn how to shuffle haha.

Its always a good laugh when someone unloads one side of the barbell and it flies off the rack 😂

Every gym has the lady the reads a magazine while on the recumbent bike and leg extension right?

Also Older dudes, guys in their 60-70's seem to be the ones that just do the weirdest stuff. There must have been some weird training fads when they were young is my guess.

And the only thing that really bugs me is when people play their music without headphones. So fucking ratchet. Few weeks ago I was in the Sauna, it was packed, and someone was blasting lil jon. I politely asked them to use their head phones and they quickly turned it off. Just can't believe no one else said anything and how some people think its ok to blast their music in shared spaces. Its the only thing that irritates me at the gym.

Crop tops are coming back in style for men. I'm all for it if they've got the physique to match it.
Use the term “men” loosely..they are adult males..maybe 2% of adult males world wide actually become men

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear