advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

Sometimes i have dreams of a gym where perms, short shorts, gym shark stringers, Air Force ones and see through beards were never a thing, a place where no one stands 5” away from the DB rack when it’s crowded, a place where eyes stay forward at the urinal and every 140lb 20 yr old doesn’t think they’re Chris Bumstead. It’s a pandemic that’s sweeping the globe.

I think singing has hit the top of the list for gym antics that annoy me the most. Today the old guy who is starved for attention and spends three hours trying to talk to everyone whistled whatever song is playing. He always does this but it bothered me more than usual because there were two others, who also don't behave properly, violating etiquette. One was on the treadmill singing some new pop song that I'm sure sounds just as awful by the original artist as he does. The other was a fake tough guy that tries to stare at everyone and always stomps around, moving fast and aggressive for no reason whatsoever. With his giant Mickey Mouse headphones he exposed us all to his rapping. A white guy that wears his hat crooked and probably watches 8 Mile every Saturday :rolleyes:

I rarely go to the gym other to use the stairclimber when my feet are tired from running.
When there I see guys with their whole camera setup and what not.

Or the guys/girls working on their bench and then playing on the phone for 20mins between sets.
If I'm taking long breaks between sets I let others work in. Anyway.. like I said I rarely hit the gym. I work out in my garage. Run outside. Then hit the boxing gym for sparring.
Although I got hit with a headshot the other day that caused me to go a bit dizzy after the round.
Karma I suppose. As I sent a couple other guys to the ground with my own headshots.

I'm seeing a lot of guys lately wearing tight pants. I guess they think it's a performance thing and they can lift more than they could in properly fitting pants or sweats. Must be new I don't recall seeing this years ago. Also guys wearing belly shirts or pulling their shirt up and their belly showing. Odd to say the least.

I'm seeing a lot of guys lately wearing tight pants. I guess they think it's a performance thing and they can lift more than they could in properly fitting pants or sweats. Must be new I don't recall seeing this years ago. Also guys wearing belly shirts or pulling their shirt up and their belly showing. Odd to say the least.
re: belly shirt

im somewhat guilty here.. when at the gym, and running on the treadmill or using the stairlcimber, i get hot as f*ck.
i'll pull the whole front side of my shirt over my neck.. i cant do cardio in a closed building... i need fresh air.
when i workout in my garage or running outside, my shirt is off.. too freakn hot..
even when it's 50-someting outside, ill wear a longsleeve shirt when running, but after 1mile
that shirt comes completely off.. too hot.

I think singing has hit the top of the list for gym antics that annoy me the most. Today the old guy who is starved for attention and spends three hours trying to talk to everyone whistled whatever song is playing. He always does this but it bothered me more than usual because there were two others, who also don't behave properly, violating etiquette. One was on the treadmill singing some new pop song that I'm sure sounds just as awful by the original artist as he does. The other was a fake tough guy that tries to stare at everyone and always stomps around, moving fast and aggressive for no reason whatsoever. With his giant Mickey Mouse headphones he exposed us all to his rapping. A white guy that wears his hat crooked and probably watches 8 Mile every Saturday :rolleyes:
We need to get you into a new gym before you crack and we hear about it on the evening news! Lol
I don’t mean to make light of things it truly sucks having other people’s crap take your mind off what you’re trying to accomplish.

I recently saw an ex gf on the stair master at my gym and that was the last day for me. Canceled my membership that night. It was a Planet Fitness anyway so who cares. ;-)

We need to get you into a new gym before you crack and we hear about it on the evening news! Lol
I don’t mean to make light of things it truly sucks having other people’s crap take your mind off what you’re trying to accomplish.

I recently saw an ex gf on the stair master at my gym and that was the last day for me. Canceled my membership that night. It was a Planet Fitness anyway so who cares. ;-)
do you really workout at planet fitness ?
something about the purple-yellow says 'low testosterone'

there is an older guy at our gym that is a trainer.
he rolls his shorts up to show his legs. walks around the gym like that. drives me NUTS
for an older man he does have good quads. but still fack.... oddest thing i ever seen.

I used it for cardio only. I never had any intention of training there. The machines, the atmosphere and the lack of serious members (at least at that location) were a big turn off.

I agree with the take on colors. I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan but can't bring my self to wear purple. Don't think I've ever owned any clothing that is purple.

Dancing. This big girl in my gym has these large headphones on and dances between sets. She does it all the time. I look at other people to see their reaction but people seem to just not care so whatever I guess.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws