advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

Dancing. This big girl in my gym has these large headphones on and dances between sets. She does it all the time. I look at other people to see their reaction but people seem to just not care so whatever I guess.
I've had girls who rip the headphones off my head while I was on cable rows once and dance to the music I was playing and I was like WTF then she starts laughing when she sees the look on my face lol.

There was a guy last night that had on a gas mask/training mask or whatever the fuck you call it. The entire time…. He definitely got what he was looking for….lots of stares. Completely awful, out of shape physique. If people would just focus on the basics of nutrition and training!!!!
I have no idea if many people think there is some big secretive advantage they are looking for, or is it the attention they seek?????

Btw……I love these threads. I usually ask my wife a couple times a week, are people like this all over or is it where we live.

Years ago, as in many, back in college there was this fairly thin guy that always felt the way to get better results was to train longer and add a bunch of set extenders like drop sets, rest pause, etc.
One day he has 315 loaded on the bench and asks me for a spot. I give a lift off, he lowers it and bounces it off his chest and it raises about three inches and I help him the rest of the way up, with considerable effort on my part. As soon as we hit the top he drops it to his chest again and starts to try and press it but it never leaves his chest so I help him pull it up, at the top he says he's shooting for ten reps, I said, fuck that, I'm not doing eight more upright rows with 315 and pull it into the rack.........

Years ago, as in many, back in college there was this fairly thin guy that always felt the way to get better results was to train longer and add a bunch of set extenders like drop sets, rest pause, etc.
One day he has 315 loaded on the bench and asks me for a spot. I give a lift off, he lowers it and bounces it off his chest and it raises about three inches and I help him the rest of the way up, with considerable effort on my part. As soon as we hit the top he drops it to his chest again and starts to try and press it but it never leaves his chest so I help him pull it up, at the top he says he's shooting for ten reps, I said, fuck that, I'm not doing eight more upright rows with 315 and pull it into the rack.........
I almost got into a fight the week before New Years that way. Mind you, I'm a pretty calm guy and sure as fuck do not want to get into a fight or even an argument, especially in the gym. Guy asked me to spot, only 80 kgs so fine. First rep literally plummets into the guy's chest so I lift it off and rack it for him. He jumps up, throws off his headphones and starts yelling I messed up his set. I initially thought he was joking so had to smile. Turns out he was not and me smiling pissed him off more and he takes a step towards me. Told him he'd be wise thinking twice about the direction of his next step at which point he backed off, still cursing a bit.

Looking back it was pretty funny but at the moment itself I was like "wtf is happening here". He still looks at me the angriest he can everytime I see him which makes me chuckle a bit.

There was a guy last night that had on a gas mask/training mask or whatever the fuck you call it. The entire time…. He definitely got what he was looking for….lots of stares. Completely awful, out of shape physique. If people would just focus on the basics of nutrition and training!!!!
I have no idea if many people think there is some big secretive advantage they are looking for, or is it the attention they seek?????
probably has nothing to do with 'seeking an advantage'
its probably more about 'you have the cooties and i dont want them'
the whole 'safe and effective' bullshit narrative the majority of the world has bought into.

"no, you're on your cellphone recording everything like you are a celebrity, have you looked in the mirror lately? stop worrying about the camera and social media followers then maybe you wont look like a 7th grader for the rest of your life"

This for sure!! The gym has turned into a hang out spot. I hate when people take a bench to put their water or hoodie on and than say they are using it but they are standing doing DB curls. Just like our society, people have no F clue of what's around them.

the whole 'safe and effective' bullshit narrative the majority of the world has bought into.
Lol. I see them still occasionally wearing their flu/germ masks some even have a face shield good God. I've only seen one gas masker, he was stinking up the gym too and overweight.

Saw a guy the other night pump the hand sanitizer more times than he pumped reps.

The other day a yoga teacher reserved the room with the jump ropes for her class. I drove to the gym specially that day to get in a hitt session and needed a rope. I quietly walked into the huge room to grab the jump rope that was 10 feet away and she yelled "sir, there is a class in session you can't be in here!!". I pointed to the rope and didn't say a word grabbed it walked out. Not my problem that someone simply entering a room quietly to grab a piece of equipment triggered her. Won't hesitate to do it again. Told the manager Incase she complains he agreed she needs to get laid.

Best thread ever

Damn a third option!!! You may be correct!

This one asshat at my gym is always filming himself. He’ll walk around with a selfie stick and even give speeches before his workout to his followers. He’s loud and obnoxious and sings while he “works out.” I asked the employee at the front desk last week if head office ever considered banning filming. We then had the following exchange:

“I don’t know if it’s come up officially, but a few people have asked about it.”

“Ok, I was just curious because it can be disruptive.”

“Well, you can choose whether you want to be in the shot.”

“Well, first of all, sometimes I can’t, and that shouldn’t be on me or anyone else. It’s a case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. If there’s 50 people in the gym, you’re suggesting 49 accommodate one.”

“I would bet it doesn’t bother all 49 people.”

“Maybe not, but you’re asking others to upend their workouts when people who film should find a designated corner or come at a time when there’s almost no one here. If there’s 15 people in front of the dumbbell rack and he sets up his tripod, you want 15 people to get up and move out of the way?”

“Some people that film edit their content after so you’re not in the background. I think I know who you’re talking about and he edits his content.” (which tells me she follows him like an idiot)

“Yeah, the guy that wears Halloween costumes for gym wear (she didn’t like that comment). It’s not just him though. I think everyone trying to be famous is pathetic and sad. I don’t have social media. I deleted all of it. It’s stupid and bad for your health. Also, if you weren’t amassing a following back in 2010, you’re late to the game. Unless people are squatting like seven plates, no one really cares.”

“He’s actually quite successful.”

“Even worse that people would want to follow someone like that.”

Then we touched on general gym etiquette and that was pretty much it. However, today I find out he’s an “online coach.” He films himself doing leg presses: 5 plates per side. Yeah, that’s it. That’s considered worth filming apparently. No warm up sets, nothing. Does six reps and stops. Pulls out the selfie stick and does a 360 pan of the machine and I think I ended up in the shot and my fists are clenched at this point but I can’t prove anything. This guy walks up to him and proceeds to ask him why he films. He tells him he’s an online coach and the guy is hanging on his every word. I hear him say how he has tiered programs and his most difficult is called “88 days of something.” If you Google 88-day workout there’s 101 workouts called that. He obviously just stole the name, maybe tweaked something, and passes it off as his own. Meanwhile the guy himself, as Muay Thai would put it, looks like a seventh grader. He’s not big, he’s not strong, and he’s not lean. He only uses machines (not in the way like some people here have injuries or are so goddamn strong they need them for safety) and is always running around doing every exercise with no structure to his programming. This guy can’t even make progress for himself and people are paying him money for workouts and nutrition advice. It looks like all his effort goes into his hair, his tan, and making sure the colour of his shoes matches the colour of his stringer. He also wears a belt the whole workout and it’s not even cinched. It’s loose and jangling around. The guy that was talking to him asked him for contact info. I was in awe of the laziness and stupidity when there’s so much solid information on the internet for free. Nothing about this guy says he’s knowledgeable on anything related to fitness or physique development. The idiot who will probably hire him based his credibility solely on the fact that because he was filming, he must be important.

Currently it would be the masked. Come in to use the cardio but regularly pull it down to breathe.

Gentleman had a mask that covered his whole beard..

I've had girls who rip the headphones off my head while I was on cable rows once and dance to the music I was playing and I was like WTF then she starts laughing when she sees the look on my face lol.
you should have told her, damn girl just tell me you want this dick without all the drama.

As a gym owner, I see gym fuckery EVERY damn day. I am just amazed and the stupid shit people do, I really like the guy that trained with my son for two years and retained absolutely ZERO knowledge on how to bench, squat, or any other machine. What really scares me tho is all the high school students that will spend two hours taking selfies after they do a set of curls. Fucking kids now a days have no clue.

A very young guy rubbing hand lotion on his hands then complained he couldnt hang on the bars and bells.

This one asshat at my gym is always filming himself. He’ll walk around with a selfie stick and even give speeches before his workout to his followers. He’s loud and obnoxious and sings while he “works out.” I asked the employee at the front desk last week if head office ever considered banning filming. We then had the following exchange:

“I don’t know if it’s come up officially, but a few people have asked about it.”

“Ok, I was just curious because it can be disruptive.”

“Well, you can choose whether you want to be in the shot.”

“Well, first of all, sometimes I can’t, and that shouldn’t be on me or anyone else. It’s a case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. If there’s 50 people in the gym, you’re suggesting 49 accommodate one.”

“I would bet it doesn’t bother all 49 people.”

“Maybe not, but you’re asking others to upend their workouts when people who film should find a designated corner or come at a time when there’s almost no one here. If there’s 15 people in front of the dumbbell rack and he sets up his tripod, you want 15 people to get up and move out of the way?”

“Some people that film edit their content after so you’re not in the background. I think I know who you’re talking about and he edits his content.” (which tells me she follows him like an idiot)

“Yeah, the guy that wears Halloween costumes for gym wear (she didn’t like that comment). It’s not just him though. I think everyone trying to be famous is pathetic and sad. I don’t have social media. I deleted all of it. It’s stupid and bad for your health. Also, if you weren’t amassing a following back in 2010, you’re late to the game. Unless people are squatting like seven plates, no one really cares.”

“He’s actually quite successful.”

“Even worse that people would want to follow someone like that.”

Then we touched on general gym etiquette and that was pretty much it. However, today I find out he’s an “online coach.” He films himself doing leg presses: 5 plates per side. Yeah, that’s it. That’s considered worth filming apparently. No warm up sets, nothing. Does six reps and stops. Pulls out the selfie stick and does a 360 pan of the machine and I think I ended up in the shot and my fists are clenched at this point but I can’t prove anything. This guy walks up to him and proceeds to ask him why he films. He tells him he’s an online coach and the guy is hanging on his every word. I hear him say how he has tiered programs and his most difficult is called “88 days of something.” If you Google 88-day workout there’s 101 workouts called that. He obviously just stole the name, maybe tweaked something, and passes it off as his own. Meanwhile the guy himself, as Muay Thai would put it, looks like a seventh grader. He’s not big, he’s not strong, and he’s not lean. He only uses machines (not in the way like some people here have injuries or are so goddamn strong they need them for safety) and is always running around doing every exercise with no structure to his programming. This guy can’t even make progress for himself and people are paying him money for workouts and nutrition advice. It looks like all his effort goes into his hair, his tan, and making sure the colour of his shoes matches the colour of his stringer. He also wears a belt the whole workout and it’s not even cinched. It’s loose and jangling around. The guy that was talking to him asked him for contact info. I was in awe of the laziness and stupidity when there’s so much solid information on the internet for free. Nothing about this guy says he’s knowledgeable on anything related to fitness or physique development. The idiot who will probably hire him based his credibility solely on the fact that because he was filming, he must be important.
Lol. All these "coaches". God forbid getting a real job.

Currently it would be the masked. Come in to use the cardio but regularly pull it down to breathe.

Gentleman had a mask that covered his whole beard..
I saw one last night. Looked just like bane in Batman with the shaved head, tank, black mask and about same build 200 or so at 15%

As a gym owner, I see gym fuckery EVERY damn day. I am just amazed and the stupid shit people do, I really like the guy that trained with my son for two years and retained absolutely ZERO knowledge on how to bench, squat, or any other machine. What really scares me tho is all the high school students that will spend two hours taking selfies after they do a set of curls. Fucking kids now a days have no clue.
What's most frustrating about all of that is that the answers are right in front of everyone's face. If you asked the 16-25 crowd who they idolize, it would probably be Chris Bumstead. Yet they don't see that Chris has legs like he does because he can do 6 pps on the Cybex hack for reps. His chest looks the way it does because he grabs the 150s for incline dumbbell presses. They love watching his videos and learn nothing from them. I don't understand the lack of common sense. Anytime I watched a pro train over the last 20 years I was always most stoked about how much they were lifting. I couldn't shut up about how awesome it would be to pull six plates or incline four. Those numbers aren't in the cards for me but I program my training as if they were.

Then you have the people of all ages who want to get bigger and stronger and they're never doing any workouts that progress them towards that goal. I always see these bizarre workouts that I'm not sure what they accomplish by doing them. Some people are so clueless that they might even say "I don't want to look like a bodybuilder." Tust me...you won't. It's like this fear that if they trained like a bodybuilder they'd put on 50 lb of muscle overnight. It doesn't work like that. Look at all the people that actually want muscle fighting tooth and nail to get it. It's always "I wish I was bigger and stronger. Oh well, I'll just superset kickbacks with leg extensions while looking at my phone."

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear