advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whats the world record lowest BF % ever recordered?

speed

Registered
and what % is it that i hear it starts to alter organ fucntion at a certain point

some anorexic or balleimic girls get down to 0% body fat.

This is not true. For most people, being anorexic results in muscle wasting, with the body holding onto fat.

That fat dork from the documentary I Want to Look Like That Guy went from 27% BF to 4% (recorded with a BodPod, which is apparently the gold standard test for BF) in 24 weeks. So if that guy can do it with absolutely no drugs I'm sure some dudes have been recorded at 2% and maybe a bit below.

That fat dork from the documentary I Want to Look Like That Guy went from 27% BF to 4% (recorded with a BodPod, which is apparently the gold standard test for BF) in 24 weeks. So if that guy can do it with absolutely no drugs I'm sure some dudes have been recorded at 2% and maybe a bit below.

personally seen 3% tested at a major university in tha water. Ripped black track star. She only weighed 110

flex wheeler .8%

mauwww:cool:

Munzer!

At the extremes of body fat percentage the estimation methods (which everything is until you die and a mechanical or chemical body fat estimation is done) are not valid for the most part.

I believe the newer DEXA software (and probably MRI and CAT estimation methods) is probably much closer as it has been validated with (and the software is derived from measurements of) animal carcasses and large, low fat animal pieces (limbs) which are then chemically digested to determine fat percentage (about as direct a method as you can get).

Years ago ('98, I think) I stayed in shape after a show to get some BF% measurements done and I was either 4 or 5% on hydrostatic, skinfolds, double-labelled water, BUT

The Bod Pod equations (which have since been corrected) had me at 12%

The torso measurement on a Lunar DEXA machine put my torso (a 2 D scan at that time) at I think -0.4% or something like that. (Yes, a NEGATIVE BF% in my torso... LOL)

So, obviously I did not have a adipose black hole in my trunk or anti-matter in my torso (or whatever the hell it would mean to have NEGATIVE percentage body fat) - it was a estimation inaccuracy b/c the software's algorithms had not been derived from a sample including contest level body fat individuals.

(There more boring scientific dribble behind all of this, but I'll leave it be for now...)

So, the "world record" for lowest body fat percentage would probably be a number (like a negative one) that was derived because of a methodological error moreso than because the person who was measured actually had the lowest body fat (or near it) of "all time." :)

-S

i heard somthing about ronie coleman saying he was .33 % on the j leno show?

I would be skeptical of any "record" results or any claims under 2%. It would have to be Hydrostatic to even be considered and even hydrostatic has a 1.5% margin for error. Anything under 2% seems impressive and scary regardless.

The absolute lowest accurate BF% a live person can be is roughly 3%! Any less than that means you have used up all the fat in your brain, around your spinal column, and organs...you would basically be dead or dying!

Not true! Pic of me at 0% body fat

The absolute lowest accurate BF% a live person can be is roughly 3%! Any less than that means you have used up all the fat in your brain, around your spinal column, and organs...you would basically be dead or dying!

me at my all time BF low

Attachments

• skeleton.png
    skeleton.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 3,632
i heard somthing about ronie coleman saying he was .33 % on the j leno show?

Beat me to it, Gina Davis was on with him I believe, long time ago. Not very smart of a comment, unless he was just nervous or somethin.

Without trying to sound racially or culturally insensitive, I bet there is some accurate (proven) research data on that topic originating from Auchwitz etc...

No one mentions Bruce Lee? His was pretty low

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner