advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats this shit about half a cup of oats?

What you are having with the oats is more important for both muscle building and satiety.Protein and fats are what build muscle as the body is amino acid driven.Your oats are just a boost in energy(like a nitrous shot to a car engine) for both training and to aid in the muscle building process.

1/2 cup is plenty and should not be the focus of that meal.

You be suprised how versatile oats are and they have good fats in them too, I guess it all depends on the type of diet you are doing that determines how much oats you need. If your having plenty fruit as extra carbs then yes half a cup would be enough, if your having some natty peanut butter or extra egg yolks, well yes that would also be enough but if your having only egg whites or iso whey then I beleive half a cup wont cut it. You need to feel satisfied. :)

I cringe when I hear people measuring oats.............then these guys wonder
1. why they are fat
2. why they cant build muscle
3. why they dont feel good

I know you are a former ifbb pro, but I have always measured my oats. Reason being I usually need 2 cups when bulking and 1 cup when cutting (depending on certain variables). There is no way to count carbs without measuring oats, unless you have the amount memorized

and as far as 1/2 cup oats go, that is pure torture. Even 1 cup is torture to me

Last edited:
I know you are a former ifbb pro, but I have always measured my oats. Reason being I usually need 2 cups when bulking and 1 cup when cutting (depending on certain variables). There is no way to count carbs without measuring oats, unless you have the amount memorized

and as far as 1/2 cup oats go, that is pure torture. Even 1 cup is torture to me

but you know your body and how it reacts. It's like when I see people at the gym carrying their muscle and fiction mag doing the add 1inch to bi's in a day routine.

but you know your body and how it reacts. It's like when I see people at the gym carrying their muscle and fiction mag doing the add 1inch to bi's in a day routine.

yea but if I have a daily set of macros I need to hit, getting in too much oats will mean I go over my carb and calorie limits for the day, possibly leading the fat gain. I am very carb sensitive and don't respond well to high carbs

Personally ive been cutting laetly. Im injured so i figured i would just cut off some extra fat. I personally am eating low carbs and higher fat and im still getting in 80 grams dry weight oats a day. About 50 carbs

half a cup oats is 40 grams of dry weight oats then add water... and is approx 25grams of carbs...

This maybe exactly what someone needs... i.e petite female, someone prepping to get in some killer shape, someone behind in their prep, someone eating very frequent meals, etc etc..... Some people gotta do what they gotta do to get lean as possible... I have never gone this low myself but some people need to play catch up....

exactly......and 1/2 a cup is also exactly 1 packet of instant

pre-measured......but you all prolly already knew that

:cool:

Whether it is half of cup or 1 cup of Oats, you are not going to have Oats alone but Egg whites too. These 2 are the perfect combo for breakfast and I always feel fuller during the day.

what's the problem here? could someone fill me in?

besides... the only thing oats are good for is a nice cheat day breakfast.... pour some in a bowl with milk, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 2 tbsp of nutella, shove in the mic for 2 mins and mix....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I am not saying there is a mistake.........this can be taken many ways....I think when you start measuring things out such as a food that is not ( should not be) a real top priority on any BBers diet is silly and very limiting. We are talking about bodybuilding here, not getting as shredded as possible..........that is called dieting.......I am discussing building muscle. I can name 200 foods that are more of a priority..........

I'm glad you cleared that up. Dieting to get shredded vs building muscle b/c 1/2 cup of dry oats is 27g C, which is right at the correct carb amount per meal for me a few weeks out. Others probably in similar situation.

I cringe when I hear people measuring oats.............then these guys wonder
1. why they are fat
2. why they cant build muscle
3. why they dont feel good

I really dont "measure", I use my hand to take out a big scoop. I figure that to be about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup

Well

they are an inflammatory food.........not very high in vitamins or enzymes.....you guys choice.........your the ones trying to figure this out for yourselves.

I have a wheat and gluten allergy....oats give me the same bloat and gas that a couple slices of bread does.

I didnt read all the post, but I throw it in my shake in the morning, mainly to slow down the digestion of the whey. Im always in a hurry to cook and eat.

Oats suck

Oats are like corn. Damn near worthless and is basically a filler food for your mothers meatloaf. Its does nothing more for the body than give it some blanket calories. Spend the extra cash and get some real food like yams or something that actually has some additional benefits to your bodybuilding goals besides calories.

hmmmm..... somehow I don't think oats are damn near worthless. For me personally, they are not worthless. I would rather put them in my shakes than yams... thats for sure

going to get a different opinion for everyone that reads this....personallly I get a small bowl each morning, prob measuring somewhere around 1/2 cup, along with 10 whites and 2 whole eggs....any more seems to make me fat, not eating any makes me feel worthless. Guess I'm super sugar sensitive but that little bit is enough to jumpstart me for the day....6'2, 280 currently at 22 weeks out....last year having a couple cups of oats and sweet potato at lunch got me to a super sloppy 315 lbs....I know some people half my size that eat 3-400 grams carbs daily and are not fat.....

I lover them but must say they dont have the best effect on my physique. I retain water and feel sluggish when I eat them, regardless of serving size.

As far as being inflammatory that is news to me and I will look into to. Thanks Phil.

Hey Phil you sure about oats being inflammatory? I have bad arthritis and my dr knows what I eat and pretty much, hes not a fan of red meat for but he knows I eat oats (quick oats) and never has an issue with that.

Check this out: Oats Reduce Inflammation | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News

This study talks of inflammation and heart disease but I would assume inflammation is inflammation so if something blocks pro-inflammatory response then this also relates to joints etc.

Here is another: **broken link removed**
it says "Oats also have anti-inflammatory properties, and have been clinically shown to help heal dry, itchy skin."

I also measure my oats, I always have unless I did not care about my diet but when I am trying to eat a ballpark amount of cals/carbs a day I measure. I usually have a cup with some PB and a big shake of whey.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131