advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats this shit about half a cup of oats?

I know

Hey Phil you sure about oats being inflammatory? I have bad arthritis and my dr knows what I eat and pretty much, hes not a fan of red meat for but he knows I eat oats (quick oats) and never has an issue with that.

Check this out: Oats Reduce Inflammation | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News

This study talks of inflammation and heart disease but I would assume inflammation is inflammation so if something blocks pro-inflammatory response then this also relates to joints etc.

Here is another: **broken link removed**
it says "Oats also have anti-inflammatory properties, and have been clinically shown to help heal dry, itchy skin."

I also measure my oats, I always have unless I did not care about my diet but when I am trying to eat a ballpark amount of cals/carbs a day I measure. I usually have a cup with some PB and a big shake of whey.

I know what some people are paid to say........but you cant argue with science.....here is a great site.........type in oats.........plain old oats.....has a score of -410 STRONGLY INFLAMMATORY

Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Damn thats a fkin buzz kill thanks Phil, I have to discuss this with my Dr.

hmmmm..... somehow I don't think oats are damn near worthless. For me personally, they are not worthless. I would rather put them in my shakes than yams... thats for sure

Yeah, lol.

Man, so you grind up your food and drink it? That sucks...what a bummer, I love eating my food.

Oh well now I am annoyed, bye to my oats, my dr friend just emailed me this:

"I will review these sites for you, but most grains are proinflammatory, the best/healthiest grains are quinoa, kamut, and amaranth, they are better for the GI tract, and you can buy them in health food stores, and as cold cereals... Eat it cold with rice milk...

Quinoa is the highest in protein as far as grains go..."

According to that site, rice and potatoes are even more inflammatory than oats.. but just as inflammatory as a banana?

Are there only certain fruits you would advocate, Phil, that are less inflammatory than the others?

BTW, Quaker Quick Oats only had a -100 on the inflammatory scale.

There you go

Oh well now I am annoyed, bye to my oats, my dr friend just emailed me this:

"I will review these sites for you, but most grains are proinflammatory, the best/healthiest grains are quinoa, kamut, and amaranth, they are better for the GI tract, and you can buy them in health food stores, and as cold cereals... Eat it cold with rice milk...

Quinoa is the highest in protein as far as grains go..."

Quinoa.........now you are on the right track........to be the best you gotta eat like the best.....these things you learn as you venture through this bodybuilding/health maze........out for now

Oats are like corn. Damn near worthless and is basically a filler food for your mothers meatloaf. Its does nothing more for the body than give it some blanket calories. Spend the extra cash and get some real food like yams or something that actually has some additional benefits to your bodybuilding goals besides calories.

Same here. I would rather eat yams over oates.

Ok I know where this is going guys:), so I just want to say this. Everybodys body is different and what might be good for you might not have the same effect on me and vice versa. The beauty of this sport is that we get to learn our bodys and see how it reacts to different foods, unlike normal people.

Everybody is different, but because of how we're raised. I think a lot of what to do with how you react to certain foods is genetically predisposed to a culture base.

Well

Everybody is different, but because of how we're raised. I think a lot of what to do with how you react to certain foods is genetically predisposed to a culture base.

Since you are basically your parents all over again, they will feed you what they feel will be best for your digestion......so you will be raised on that/those foods.

Since you are basically your parents all over again, they will feed you what they feel will be best for your digestion......so you will be raised on that/those foods.

more than likely unless your parents came from another country and attend to other issues, and don't "focus" on food. leave that to you, then it's a different breed.

but with oats at that -400 inflammation rating, that's off of that specific serving size. if you have it in a 25-30g serving size, inflammation is reduced. i'd imagine anything with a 103g carb content will provide heavy inflammation.

at 66g carbs of oats, you have about -263 inflammation. at 74g of yams, you have about -206 inflammation. rather comparable.

Not saying one's right, one's wrong, just some food for though(yes! pun intended!)

I know what some people are paid to say........but you cant argue with science.....here is a great site.........type in oats.........plain old oats.....has a score of -410 STRONGLY INFLAMMATORY

Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Almost every fruit i entered was mildly inflammatory and some only mildly anti inflammatory.

Most of vegetables i entered were mildly inflammatory and even some greens were and few other greens mildly anti inflammatory. Only thing that I entered the was around a zero score was beef. I entered coconut milk, raw, which is also inflammatory. Only thing very anti inflammatory that was very high was olive oil.

How is this sight basing there information regarding inflammatory response in the body.

Last edited:
Almost every fruit i entered was mildly inflammatory and some only mildly anti inflammatory.

Most of vegetables i entered were mildly inflammatory and even some greens were and few other greens mildly anti inflammatory. Only thing that I entered the was around a zero score was beef. I entered coconut milk, raw, which is also inflammatory. Only thing very anti inflammatory that was very high was olive oil.

How is this sight basing there information regarding inflammatory response in the body.
Enter "Wild Salmon" for meat or "Broccoli" or "Mustard Greens" for a veggie. At my age and with all the arthritis and crap I suffered through in my early to mid 40's, I had to do a lot of reading and make a lot of dietary changes as doctors don't seem to have a clue. All my pains are way down without any of that daily Motrin, etc from 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, lol.

Man, so you grind up your food and drink it? That sucks...what a bummer, I love eating my food.

Me too, thats why I put the protein powder in my porridge a few minutes after heating. Drinking dont satisfy me, I have to eat.

Yeah it is a little odd espcially knowing that red meat is inflammatory (becaue of arachidonic acid AA) and this site gives it a zero? I did some research and many people with arthritus are consuming grass feed beef and bison they also use egg whites/egg beaters and avoid the yolks. Very confusing who to beleive since both the beef and oats industry will lie to make money. Though my Dr agrees with Phil that the web sites that say oats are anti-inflammatory comes fron bias from the grain industry but this could also be said about the beef indusry IMHO.

The gass fed beef though makes sense, eliminate the grains from their feed and can't covnert in their body the AA.

Here is some useful info though it goes way beyond oats:

Grass Fed is supposed to have lower (if any) level veg grains (Soy, corn, etc) so hence the animal can not absorb and convert to AA inside. I've never seen a study to show grain vs grass fed levels of AA in animal meats but that is supposed to be the way it works. Organic may not solve the problem because they may be just getting organic grains to eat. Since the AA stores mostly in the fatty portion of the meat, that's why most doctors say avoid red meat which is usually high in fat (so hence high in AA) and stick with lean cuts. Although if you look at things like "farmed" fish, they are fed grains...so a farmed salmon may have low levels of EPA/DHA and higher levels of AA. As I mentioned above Pork and Turkey were rated the highest levels.

Cortisol also lowers glucagon, therefore increasing inflammation.

So a pure anti-inflammation lifestyle would be (with the main goals of controlling insulin and AA conversions):
- Grass Fed Meats, Eggs (if you want to be safe you can go low fat and add in monounsaturated fats instead)
- Control Insulin - smaller meals every 3-4hrs, No sugar, proper Carb/Prot/Fat ratio
- Control Stress and Cortisol - Don't overtrain, Eat, Sleep, Be Merry
- Get EPA through Fish Oil (your level needed will depend on your level of present inflammation...some may need 1 tbsp, some 2...but start with 1)
- Could also add DGLA in the form of GLA
- Ginger and Tumeric have been linked to reducing Inflammation
- Get rid of all source of veg oils in your diet (if any...soy, corn, sunflower)
- Lose body fat (increased stored fat lead to increased inflammation messengers)
- and of course treat the gut (as I believe that is the source of most all illnesses) with High Fiber diet, Alkaline balance, remove irritants/allergens like milk and grains, probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc.

and now we can see why everyone needs anti-inflammatory NSADIS/COX inhibitors....Billion dollar industry there alone. Side note: I remember hearing that Fish Oil and NSAIDS should not be taken together, as they compete for the same enzymes and essentially will not be as effective....or need high Fish Oil doses if still taking NSAIDS
That came from **broken link removed**

Read the following if you are at all interested in eating grains...

Scroll down to the sub title Grains Anatomy

**broken link removed**

Yeah it is a little odd espcially knowing that red meat is inflammatory (becaue of arachidonic acid AA) and this site gives it a zero? I did some research and many people with arthritus are consuming grass feed beef and bison they also use egg whites/egg beaters and avoid the yolks. Very confusing who to beleive since both the beef and oats industry will lie to make money. Though my Dr agrees with Phil that the web sites that say oats are anti-inflammatory comes fron bias from the grain industry but this could also be said about the beef indusry IMHO.

The gass fed beef though makes sense, eliminate the grains from their feed and can't covnert in their body the AA.

Here is some useful info though it goes way beyond oats:

That came from **broken link removed**

I do believe most grains are inflammatory and try to stay away from all of them I entered a raw apple got inflammatory. whats up with that. I just want to know how they are making there basis on what is and whats not.

I eat mostly spinach, and green beans and some broccoli. Greens beans and broccoli only get mild anti-inflammatory.

and how does that site make a difference between whole egg cooked. those make no sens at all. if you cook the yoke its oxidize no matter if its boiled, omelet or fried. They have an omelet and scrambled with one score being double the scores. My omelet when i make one is a scrambled egg. Then they have a raw egg as highly inflammatory. Who is really going to enter every food and eat like that.

Read the following if you are at all interested in eating grains...

Scroll down to the sub title Grains Anatomy

**broken link removed**

"BREAKFAST: Leftover salmon, walnuts" no thanks

"BREAKFAST: Leftover chicken w/salsa, ½ avocado" again no thanks

"BREAKFAST: Sausage stir-fry breakfast" hell no!

Again, each to their own...

"BREAKFAST: Leftover salmon, walnuts" no thanks

"BREAKFAST: Leftover chicken w/salsa, ½ avocado" again no thanks

"BREAKFAST: Sausage stir-fry breakfast" hell no!

Again, each to their own...

Hahaha....was posted for the information about how grains effect the body. I completely disregarded the diet example too

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member