advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats this shit about half a cup of oats?

Hahaha....was posted for the information about how grains effect the body. I completely disregarded the diet example too

Lol!

A few things:

1. Oats are not as low as you think they are on the GI table. They show up as low because they have fat and protein in them. If you take any other simple carb, and add fat and protein, you will have likely have a lower/equal GI than oats.

2. Nutrition Data is a GREAT site, however when considering the inflammation value of your diet, look at a full days diet, not necessarily individual foods.

3. First meal of the day should be BIG on carbs IMO, even if you are dieting (I follow Chris Aceto's guidelines personally).

I do 12 whites, 2 yokes, and wholewheat pancakes with REAL maple syrup (real maple syrup has a GI of only 55!) for for meal #1. Total carbs in the meal are 120-150g when bulking, and 90ish when dieting. You are glycogen depleted first thing in the morning, and can absorb a LOT of carbs.

Oats always seem to bloat me, but i havent found another carb source that is as filling as a bowl of oatmeal...i really need to do a food allergen test, i wouldnt be surprised if i have a food allergen with oats.

These fucking spammers are all over the PM board lately.

I dont measure my oatmeal anymore but it come out to about 2 cups.

I put 16 oz of skim milk in a blender add,
2 cups or 100 grams of dry (quick) oatmeal
1 spoon of flaxseed
1 spoon of wheatgerm
5 gram of glutamine and BCAA
40 grams of Iso whey

Thats a nutritional powerhouse and it kick starts my day! Meal 1

Yeah, lol.

Man, so you grind up your food and drink it? That sucks...what a bummer, I love eating my food.
only when I have a shake. Have you ever had one? You can put things like fresh fruit, oats, PB, eggs/egg whites, etc. They are pretty handy

I cringe when I hear people measuring oats.............then these guys wonder
1. why they are fat
2. why they cant build muscle
3. why they dont feel good

So you are saying that if I ate most of my carbs from oats, I would not build any muscle right? I would also feel like crap all day as well. Correct?

So you are saying that if I ate most of my carbs from oats, I would not build any muscle right? I would also feel like crap all day as well. Correct?

I hired a trainer, he had me eating 1-1.5 cups oats with my breakfast.Everything Phil said was true for me.

Was it the oats? Maybe. It could have been the rice... the cardio... the total calories... it could be a gluten allergy... who knows?

My digestive system feels so much better without oats and rice. I am hungrier, no bloat or gas, and I can poop normal.

I never ate yams as a child. It also didn't really make it into my diet as an adult. I've recently been eating 1-2 yams a day and I already feel and see a difference. I just microwave it and add freeze dried red onions and parsley. I was raised on olive oil and I think I was eating too much of it. I backed off the oil as well, and I add lime to my albacore tuna, it tastes great.

I've also been unable to eat rice as of late, and it has actually helped me out. I never burp uncomfortably eating yams like I do when eating rice or oats. I also noticed I no longer crave cookies and sugary items. I actually thought I was sick, but I think things are starting to come together nicely in my diet.

I'm starting to see good results with only these minor changes.

Last edited:
I hired a trainer, he had me eating 1-1.5 cups oats with my breakfast.Everything Phil said was true for me.

Was it the oats? Maybe. It could have been the rice... the cardio... the total calories... it could be a gluten allergy... who knows?

My digestive system feels so much better without oats and rice. I am hungrier, no bloat or gas, and I can poop normal.

Are you saying you never got the results with the trainer? You may have a point and he as well. Ive been eating oats for years and did diet with them for a little bit, im not sure if it works as i never dieted down all the way in the past. i definitely dont like brown rice either it bloats me up sub-q not intestinally. but oats do seem to fuck up my stomach. I guess sweet, white,yellow, or red potatoes and yams as well as low GI fruit are better sources of carbs. i heard the potato can't be beat (not russets)

I did oatmeal for years, then switched to eggs, and now do a 1/2 cup oats with some chocolate whey, PB, greek yogurt, ice cubes, some milk, and a banana in the blender.

Are you saying you never got the results with the trainer? You may have a point and he as well. Ive been eating oats for years and did diet with them for a little bit, im not sure if it works as i never dieted down all the way in the past. i definitely dont like brown rice either it bloats me up sub-q not intestinally. but oats do seem to fuck up my stomach. I guess sweet, white,yellow, or red potatoes and yams as well as low GI fruit are better sources of carbs. i heard the potato can't be beat (not russets)

After 3.5 months on the trainers plan there was no noticeable fat loss/muscle gain/strength increase. Plus I felt like shit, my stomach was bloated and gassy, by the 3 month mark I had no appetite, and I couldn't poop right. I had to ditch his plan and he never contacted me with a revised plan.

I suspect it's a gluten intolerance and am trying to avoid wheat based foods. Rice and potatoes should be good but I will slowly add them in later and see what happens. I wish Phil would elaborate on his statement.

Well he doesnt have to elaborate on anything. You just need to find what works for your body anyway. I hired a trainer once, put me on 1g carb per lb, 1.5g protein per pound and no fats at all, i was doing tons of cardio, never leaned out much. then i was told i needed fats to get lean which i knew about but was following my trainer's advice. i had better results eating fat with the carbs together. I noticed that potatoes fill me out better and taste better and are easier to prepare than oats so i'm going to ditch the oats for a while completely to see what happens. i guess its just a pear with my eggs for breakfast. i wonder if i can still eat a banana while dieting, the GI is about the same as oats so i guess i should be fine but who knows.

After 3.5 months on the trainers plan there was no noticeable fat loss/muscle gain/strength increase. Plus I felt like shit, my stomach was bloated and gassy, by the 3 month mark I had no appetite, and I couldn't poop right. I had to ditch his plan and he never contacted me with a revised plan.

I suspect it's a gluten intolerance and am trying to avoid wheat based foods. Rice and potatoes should be good but I will slowly add them in later and see what happens. I wish Phil would elaborate on his statement.

I'm eating Quinoa right now.

As much as I like the taste of white rice, potatoes, and other carbs that don't have many nutrients, they make me sluggish and tired.
If I get my carbs from fruit, veggies, beans, etc, I feel better.

I'm eating Quinoa right now.

As much as I like the taste of white rice, potatoes, and other carbs that don't have many nutrients, they make me sluggish and tired.
If I get my carbs from fruit, veggies, beans, etc, I feel better.

Ditto.

regular Quaker oats bloat me but i still love them.

recently made a switch over to McCann's Steel Cut and havent been back since. Steel Cut Oats + Cinnamon + Splenda + Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup = ridiculous :p

Reading through this its obvious i eat to many oats- A kilo bag normally lasts me 2 days. I eat them raw with chopped up bananas and dont seem to bloat or get fat, but ive gotta be honest they have almost become an addiction and i justify it to myself by saying o well its not junk food, mabey i should cut back a bit,but dont drink or eat fast food and i gotta have some treats:(

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws