YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats this shit about half a cup of oats?

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
Some of these magazines and diet guides are recomending half a cup of oats for breakfast. If I had to eat half a cup of oats I would smash the damm plate in anger! Isnt breakfast supposed to be the most important meal? Give me a bowl full of hearty porridge and Im good to go. How the hell can anyone eat only half a cup and not be pissed off? Somebody just gave me a Mitotropin as a gift and I was reading the diet guide that you get with it, I think for 150lb guy. Man I would starve to death if I had to eat that... Half a cup of fucking oats!

Some of these magazines and diet guides are recomending half a cup of oats for breakfast. If I had to eat half a cup of oats I would smash the damm plate in anger! Isnt breakfast supposed to be the most important meal? Give me a bowl full of hearty porridge and Im good to go. How the hell can anyone eat only half a cup and not be pissed off? Somebody just gave me a Mitotropin as a gift and I was reading the diet guide that you get with it, I think for 150lb guy. Man I would starve to death if I had to eat that... Half a cup of fucking oats!

When I read articles like that I just x everything by atleast 5. Like you said a big bowl of porridge is what you need for breakfast. I wouldn't even bother making half a cup... might as well have 2 rice cakes instead. By the way hadn't had them in ages but they are gonna be staple in my bulking diet... brown rice cakes with natural peanut butter :)

LOL what the fuck kind of energy could a half of cup of oats provide?

1) is this cooked or uncooked, makes a difference. 2) maybe the half cups of oats is for fiber. Did any of them recommend other carbs along with the oats. I only have a half cup of oats everyday for breakdast, that's a half cup measured uncooked and then I have fruit also.

Wolf:

This week in the gym a pretty built former NFL tight end who is down to about 215 "shared" his diet with me (unasked). The first entry? A QUARTER CUP OF OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST WITH A FEW BLUEBERRIES.

I pretended to read after that!

1) is this cooked or uncooked, makes a difference. 2) maybe the half cups of oats is for fiber. Did any of them recommend other carbs along with the oats. I only have a half cup of oats everyday for breakdast, that's a half cup measured uncooked and then I have fruit also.

Well its uncooked but at least you have fruit as well which I guess will help fill you up. If your diet is squeaky clean, then half a cup of oats on its own wont do jack shit and you will feel really lethargic as your bf levels go down. Me personaly I like at least one cup of oats with extra water so when it boils it fills up the bowl even more!

My breakfast almost exeryday:
1/2 cup oats made with 2% milk, 7 whole eggs, 1/2 grapefruit.
It works for me. This is one of 7 meals a day

My breakfast almost exeryday:
1/2 cup oats made with 2% milk, 7 whole eggs, 1/2 grapefruit.
It works for me. This is one of 7 meals a day

Thats more similar to my off season diet.(note: Without measuring the oats) When Im dieting on season, mine would be roughly one cup of oats with water and 10 egg whites or 2 scoops of iso whey. Well one things for sure all these beat the hell out of cornflakes. :p

Last edited:
Exactly

I cringe when I hear people measuring oats.............then these guys wonder
1. why they are fat
2. why they cant build muscle
3. why they dont feel good

1. why they are fat

Amen to that.

for breakfast i generaly have half cup of oatmeal with 25g whey added after its cooked , 4 oz pineapple , 8 oz raw milk with 3oz vanilla LBA's added.

When you look at it volume wise it doesen't look like much but it actualy keeps me full for several hrs

NOTE : i use a 1/2 cup scooper cause thats the only extra one my wife lets me keep in the oatmeal container

1. why they are fat

???

What is the mistake here? Eating oats, or measuring them out? Are you saying that people should eat oats until they are not hungry?

Sorry, but I think I'm missing something here...

I guess my small serving of grits isn't good enough.....

wait, I also have 10 eggs cup of beans and three strips of bacon.:headbang:

half a cup oats is 40 grams of dry weight oats then add water... and is approx 25grams of carbs...

This maybe exactly what someone needs... i.e petite female, someone prepping to get in some killer shape, someone behind in their prep, someone eating very frequent meals, etc etc..... Some people gotta do what they gotta do to get lean as possible... I have never gone this low myself but some people need to play catch up....

Well

???

What is the mistake here? Eating oats, or measuring them out? Are you saying that people should eat oats until they are not hungry?

Sorry, but I think I'm missing something here...

I am not saying there is a mistake.........this can be taken many ways....I think when you start measuring things out such as a food that is not ( should not be) a real top priority on any BBers diet is silly and very limiting. We are talking about bodybuilding here, not getting as shredded as possible..........that is called dieting.......I am discussing building muscle. I can name 200 foods that are more of a priority..........

LOL you read the new issue of FLEX and Ben Whites diet bro? He has 1/2 a cup and 5 meals listed?

What you are having with the oats is more important for both muscle building and satiety.Protein and fats are what build muscle as the body is amino acid driven.Your oats are just a boost in energy(like a nitrous shot to a car engine) for both training and to aid in the muscle building process.

1/2 cup is plenty and should not be the focus of that meal.

Well its uncooked but at least you have fruit as well which I guess will help fill you up. If your diet is squeaky clean, then half a cup of oats on its own wont do jack shit and you will feel really lethargic as your bf levels go down. Me personaly I like at least one cup of oats with extra water so when it boils it fills up the bowl even more!
Well i also have 12 egg whites with the oats and fruit

LOL you read the new issue of FLEX and Ben Whites diet bro? He has 1/2 a cup and 5 meals listed?

Fuck that shit man! My abbs are shaping up nicely without feeling too hungry, maybe the last few weeks of a competition like someone said and then maybe, just maybe but I would dread that!

remember bro that the average population consists of small males and females who have sedentary jobs. they don't expend nearly that calories that a male athlete does. they just don't need a lot of food

i am in agreement, 1/2 cup of oats is hardly enough for guys that train. i like cream of wheat myself and i end up filling a mixing bowl with it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws