over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats up with Salad?

HN

Newbies
hey guys, i was wondering what the major benefits of eating salad with meals are... i know its good for fiber, but what about carbs? i heard carrots are full of carb's, right? lemme know

I think that the real main reason for eating salad is to help you digest your food better. There is

oops, I hit the wrong key on my keyboard and it posted before I got done. Lettuce has zero calories I think.

lettuce has calories (very few, a whole iceberg head is 90cals), and not much of it is actually fiber, if you are pre contest, these carbs can add up and u should account for them, if not then no worries....salad is very good at filling me up if im very hungry

salad

HN, what are you considering salad? Iceburg is mostly water so you are getting no benefits at all from it. Now something like romain is what you are probably referring to. And really the main benefit is the one you said-fiber. So there is the obvious health benefits of fiber. But the effects of fiber during digestion is whats important to bodybuilders here, especially when dieting. Fiber will slow the rate of digestion down, so if you add fiber to a meal with carbs you wont get as big of an insulin spike. Keeping insulin low is important to fat loss. And in a way you are actually lowering the glycimic index # of the carb you are eating. Also as said before you will feel fuller longer. If you were to eat a big steak before going to bed, by adding a salad(fiber) the protein will get absorbed slower and longer during the night, along the same theory of time release protein powders that were the rage a while back. Or if you were having a protien drink you could simply add metamucil to it. So along these lines you obviously wouldn't want to add a salad to your postworkout meal or shake, as you want the protein and carbs to get to your muscles the fastest they can.

Salads true are good for digestion. But be selective in where you get your veggies if they are not washed right you will be running to the restroom more than you care to. MM

I rarely eat salads. Most of my meals are stuff that I can just slap into the microwave, like premade roast, or chicken. For fiber, I just use the metamucil. I'm too lazy to make salads, plus I hate buying food that goes bad in a few days.

There is really no point to my post, so I'm gonna go now.

HN said:
hey guys, i was wondering what the major benefits of eating salad with meals are... i know its good for fiber, but what about carbs? i heard carrots are full of carb's, right? lemme know

Salad is a source of fiber, vitamin B,E and A. I don't eat salad myself
because I'd rather just take a multivitamin.

i prefer my salad tossed

Fracking Germ beat me to it...hehe. I like brocolli

Kane said:
me too.... :p

yeah but unlike u, i only let women toss mine.... :p

if thats the kind of salad......

make sure its triple washed lol

hey germ, if ure on a low carb at that time, is it a antipasta salad being tossed???
that was my attempt at humor
now im gunna go
frk

BigBoyJ said:
I rarely eat salads. Most of my meals are stuff that I can just slap into the microwave, like premade roast, or chicken. For fiber, I just use the metamucil. I'm too lazy to make salads, plus I hate buying food that goes bad in a few days.

There is really no point to my post, so I'm gonna go now.

not really bro... its a good point... when i lived at home or eat out i always get something with veggies.. .i used to eat 'em all the time... now that i have to buy and prepare everything i never really buy them (stuff for salads i mean or fresh veggies... i have huge 5lb bags of the frozen kind) cuz they go bad before i'm done eating them or even gets to them...

so for all you salad tossers... do you go out and buy the shit a few times a week or you keep it fresh using some crazy high tech method ???

i'm just posting this question cuz i miss pooping are regularly as normal:)

Start using metamucil, Pickels. You can set your watch by your ass, I don't know how if it'll work since the time changed though.

salad is very under rated, especially green veggies...they are very important for balancing the low grade emtabolic acidosis enviroment that bodybuilding diets lead to...and do have a negative impact on growth and fat loss

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear