YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats Veteran's Day mean to a Veteran ? (rant)

thehoundog

Newbies
I hope I don't offend anyone, it's not my intention.

I want to try to articulate something that's been on my mind allot lately.

Pretty much since the new Gear Ads came out in advance of V-Day.

I served from 08/89 - 08/93.

That means I was in the first incursion against saddam.

I can still remember where I was and what I was doing when the Capt. came over the 1MC and told us we were at war.

It was surreal. Not scary because no one is trained better than we are.

Now, twenty plus years later...

1 ) I know i will always live with these chronic health conditions w/o help from the VA.

- Mainly having to do with my Gut ( trace Depleted Uranium poisoning ) as result of the Ammo being radiated by Fed.

- I think any old timers can back me on this, but it's possible some aren't aware. I forgive them.

2 ) I know there is NO HONOR in war, or killing,
and it makes me sad for the innocent caught up in it.

( imagine red dawn happening here ).

3 ) As result, we vets carry the scares physically, mentally and emotionally in private, because no one will ever understand or cares to.

4 ) the Veteran Hospital is Garbage, pumping out pills, not solutions.

5 ) It's just bad all around.

6 ) War is a Racket,
- whereby the fat cats and their Bureaucrats sit on the Hill all paid off and completely unaware of the damage they've caused. While the forgotten Vets will never be able to forget.

7 ) Their Solution: cut benefits to veterans.

So if you want to thank a Vet, please consider doing so for the right reason, not because it's a common pleasantry to say.
- Like Marry Christmas or Happy Easter...

I feel a little better, I wish I could have said it better though.

PEACE

PS, something like 21 Vets commit suicide daily.
- Including active military, not just discharged Vets.
- this number is a little dated, but whatever...

Thank you for your service. The fact that every other country knows we have by far the strongest military keeps us safe. The moment we dont we will be taken over. I support the military and admire veterans. We should be providing all needed aid to veterans and stop spending money on government aid for illegal immigrants, refugees, and a million other things our government wastes money on. Sometimes i wonder if we even have an american government anymore, probably not.

pbs had a show last night about wounded vets from the revolution up to today. back then the mortality rate of all wounded was 46 percent.
ww2 was 34, nam was 24, now its 9. 9 percent die from their wounds. the rest survive but with terrible injuries, as u know.
and thats not including neuro/psychological damage. the va is overwhemled and frankly the govnt doesnt care. they'd rather not deal with that at all.
watch "why we fight" the documentary. see what war is really about. i actually cried at the end when they showed the gung-ho merica! soldiers boarding to leave for iraq. they had, and still have, no goddam idea. they just pay the price.

Thank you for your service. There are certainly a lot of issue that need to be addressed with Veteran needs in this country (USA).

Vet's

I have been through war also and I have some mental issues but I am being taken care of by the VA. I live in a small town and we have a va hospital here that is very good. The reason for that is because it does not care for very many veterans on the outside. It has become assisted living for vet's that cannot take of themselves, but is still a hospital.

I see where you are coming from and I used to work at the va here and some guys are really fucked up. But our government does take care of us weather it is a bad hospital or good hospital. I see what soldiers had to deal with from world war 1 up to our wars today and the older wars they had it pretty bad with there care. So I do honor what we soldiers did even if I would have died for my country. I am on some heavy meds and wish I could come off, but I cannot I have already been down that road.I am sure our government is taking care of you financially and me also.
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Absolutely nothing good comes from war besides death, injuries, poverty

Pretty disgusting imo.

And all those boys and men sent over there basically as puppets.

Hate war would only agree with it in certain positions.

well I said my bit,

but let me just also say,

when a vet goes to the typical VA hospital,

say the Audie Murphy Hospital,

they get their diagnosis and are given a prescription.

No problem right ?

Until a few months later they get a letter in the mail say
because they've been prescribed X, they can no longer
own a gun.

Nothing ever disclosed until after the fact.

Let me see if I can find a copy to back myself up.

**broken link removed**

Now, anyone saying the Government takes care of their Vet is RIGHT,
- they FUCK-Um real good for life.

PEACE

Happy Vet day. Big thanks to all you Vet who scarified your lives for America.

well to honor our Veterans, i just got done emailing all my congressmen, president etc. and asked them to raise my taxes and to use that money to provide more services for veterans...............i am guessing they will only get it half right.......

well I said my bit,

but let me just also say,

when a vet goes to the typical VA hospital,

say the Audie Murphy Hospital,

they get their diagnosis and are given a prescription.

No problem right ?

Until a few months later they get a letter in the mail say
because they've been prescribed X, they can no longer
own a gun.

Nothing ever disclosed until after the fact.

Let me see if I can find a copy to back myself up.

**broken link removed**

Now, anyone saying the Government takes care of their Vet is RIGHT,
- they FUCK-Um real good for life.

PEACE

This is absolutely true..a while back I had a vet rep fro. The state of new York show up at my house with local pd to check for guns...because I was supposedly in a mental health crisis. I was just sitting around drinking coffee..the only reason they didn't fully search my house was because one of the cops was also an Iraq vet..he said there is nothing wrong with him..and they left...true story

This is absolutely true..a while back I had a vet rep fro. The state of new York show up at my house with local pd to check for guns...because I was supposedly in a mental health crisis. I was just sitting around drinking coffee..the only reason they didn't fully search my house was because one of the cops was also an Iraq vet..he said there is nothing wrong with him..and they left...true story

Thank you for that validation Sir.

If you want the worst VA experience possible come to the DFW area. I used to think people exaggerated how terrible it was. To my amazement it was even worse.

I hope I don't offend anyone, it's not my intention........

THANK YOU for your service!

It's really pathetic how the Vets are treated in this country. You guys put your life on the line for your country and get a big fuck you when they should be bending over backwards to help you guys out. It's a disgrace.

To me, serving is when your country is under attack so you join the military to protect your country.... not to invade other countries

Keep in mind Nazi soldiers were serving their country too, but was it for a good cause?

Also depends on one's intentions. If you joined the military with the intention of serving your country, awesome! If you joined to make money or to shoot people like you did in video games, then fuck you!!!!

If bringing Germany out of a starving depression and getting rid of what was seen as the problem, then I'm sure you'd have a helluva time convincing a German in the late 30's to the mid 40's it wasn't for a good cause

Even Patton said the US fought the wrong enemy, pushing to keep going against Stalin...and then he died from a car crash.... But I digress

Anyways, my grandfather served in the Pacific, my father and two uncles in Viet Nam, so a definate thank you to all the vets everywhere from every conflict!!

Last edited:
If you want the worst VA experience possible come to the DFW area. I used to think people exaggerated how terrible it was. To my amazement it was even worse.
Yes, that place is a shit hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I hope I don't offend anyone, it's not my intention.

I want to try to articulate something that's been on my mind allot lately.

Pretty much since the new Gear Ads came out in advance of V-Day.

I served from 08/89 - 08/93.

That means I was in the first incursion against saddam.

I can still remember where I was and what I was doing when the Capt. came over the 1MC and told us we were at war.

It was surreal. Not scary because no one is trained better than we are.

Now, twenty plus years later...

1 ) I know i will always live with these chronic health conditions w/o help from the VA.

- Mainly having to do with my Gut ( trace Depleted Uranium poisoning ) as result of the Ammo being radiated by Fed.

- I think any old timers can back me on this, but it's possible some aren't aware. I forgive them.

2 ) I know there is NO HONOR in war, or killing,
and it makes me sad for the innocent caught up in it.

( imagine red dawn happening here ).

3 ) As result, we vets carry the scares physically, mentally and emotionally in private, because no one will ever understand or cares to.

4 ) the Veteran Hospital is Garbage, pumping out pills, not solutions.

5 ) It's just bad all around.

6 ) War is a Racket,
- whereby the fat cats and their Bureaucrats sit on the Hill all paid off and completely unaware of the damage they've caused. While the forgotten Vets will never be able to forget.

7 ) Their Solution: cut benefits to veterans.

So if you want to thank a Vet, please consider doing so for the right reason, not because it's a common pleasantry to say.
- Like Marry Christmas or Happy Easter...

I feel a little better, I wish I could have said it better though.

PEACE

PS, something like 21 Vets commit suicide daily.
- Including active military, not just discharged Vets.
- this number is a little dated, but whatever...

Thanks for the service, my Dad is a full bird colonel, has done 4+ tours and has delt with a shit load of stuff i'm glad i never have to. His first tour back was really bad as him and my mom got divorced and he had lost so many buddies and pretty much almost drank himself to death. I was a senior in high school and had to take care of him my whole senior summer. (least i could do for what hes done for me and our country)

On a plus side now he has been sober for a full year, is remarried has a great house a new wife(i have a new little brother) and he is doing amazing and me and him have the best relationship we have ever had,
but it took him going in and getting some serious mental counseling b

I can't imagine what you all have seen, but i know if he can pull him self out anyone can.. thank you again for your service.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws