advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats with the slin 2x per week theory??

Fullybuilt

Banned
I've been hearing this lately. So are you guys running slin 2x per week on weak bodypart days? And gluco the other days? I was gonna add slin to my 4month cycle and use it the first and 3rd month of the cycle and use IGF and glucophage the 2nd and last month of the cycle. Is it not safe to run slin like 6days per week for 1month on/1off??

The main problem with running slin on frequent basis is receptor downregulation. And you DO NOT want that. Unless you are diabetic, your body knows how to release insulin in the most efficient way other than when you want to super saturate your body (such as when carb loading after a workout). Other than that, there is no point in using slin on a constant basis because your body does that anyways.

I'm sure there are lots of guys that have screwed themselves by downregulating their receptors or even made themselves diabetic by using the consistant usage cycle approach. When it comes to slin, more is not better.

i have been using insulin for the last few years and have had great success with it. i run it for about 3-4 weeks 5 days on 2 days (6 ius A.M. and 10 iu's Post workout) off concurrent with my gh. then i repalce it with igf1 for the next 4 weeks. cycling like that for about 16 weeks prior to a show. keeps me full and hard and allows me to grow into a show. works pretty well at least from MY experiences!!!

when taking insulin along with GH it is easier not to go hypo.GH causes fairly high insulin insensitivity and will allow for a much higher usage.when i was taking 9ius of GH a day i was able to take close to 30ius of insulin post-workout.this amount of insulin was great for SHBG inhibition.the only problem i see with taking insulin 6x a week is that you have to watch your diet very carefully and pay attention all day long about your carb intake.i know for me that became a pain in the ass.for like the first 6 months its ok but after that you get relaxed then you might get caught in an episode of hypo(which isnt fun).as long as you respect the insulin and know that if you mess up it could kill you then i think you will be fine.BUT,you could be like a small percentage of people who mess with insulin and permanantly screw up your pancreas(which isnt good).but,as far as the safety of insulin,well,its basically up to you as a user.
later

People need to realize exactly what exogenious insulin is used for. The reason it was ever invented was for diabetics who do not produce their own or not enough to survive. So exo slin is used as a replacement. Now why in the hell would you need exo slin all day long if you already have a functioning pancreas??? That is completely beyond me. The reason Chad, Milos and others say to use it only after workouts is because your body is in a glucose deficient state and exo slin will help quickly shuttle in glucose and protein (and fat if you take it which you don't want) which give you a super saturated effect and fills your muscle more than it would normally.

Now if you are not in a glucose defficient state, what would exo slin do that endo slin can't do??? Nothing. So why take it??

People take this stuff without even knowing why or how it is working. If you are making good gains with 6x per week slin that you take all day long, you would probably make the same gains without it all day long by using your endo slin (Unless you have pancreas problems)

IMO it's bullshit

the main use of slin is to increase the nutrient absorption post training when it's the most needed and in the morning it can be useful for those who don't eat in night

use it 2xweek if u train 2x week

I 've never seen any differences when taking it in the morning and post training or post training only so I prefer post training only

will test again soon anyway lol :D

Macdaddy said:
People need to realize exactly what exogenious insulin is used for. The reason it was ever invented was for diabetics who do not produce their own or not enough to survive. So exo slin is used as a replacement. Now why in the hell would you need exo slin all day long if you already have a functioning pancreas??? That is completely beyond me. The reason Chad, Milos and others say to use it only after workouts is because your body is in a glucose deficient state and exo slin will help quickly shuttle in glucose and protein (and fat if you take it which you don't want) which give you a super saturated effect and fills your muscle more than it would normally.

Now if you are not in a glucose defficient state, what would exo slin do that endo slin can't do??? Nothing. So why take it??

People take this stuff without even knowing why or how it is working. If you are making good gains with 6x per week slin that you take all day long, you would probably make the same gains without it all day long by using your endo slin (Unless you have pancreas problems)
\

the simple answer here is(and i hope this doesnt start an arguement) the same reason that more exo testosterone helps build muscle.when you have more insulin in the body more nutrients are forced into muscle cells along with so many other processes.more insulin(to a point) means a better anabolic environment.now,its been a while since i did the research on insulin and im sure that i could dig up the studies but not right now.another MAJOR thing insulin does is lower sex-hormone binding globulin,or SHBG.when this happens more test is available to rome free and do its job.i know that chad actually recommends to do insulin 3x a day which i think is over kill but his reasonings are valid.its matter of preference i guess.

Ok so I read if you take the slin 2x per week you should do it on your largest bodypart days(legs and back) Now, will that only help legs and back grow? If you pick 2x per week, shouldnt you use it on your weakest bodypart days? Or will it not make a diff?

Fullybuilt said:
Ok so I read if you take the slin 2x per week you should do it on your largest bodypart days(legs and back) Now, will that only help legs and back grow? If you pick 2x per week, shouldnt you use it on your weakest bodypart days? Or will it not make a diff?

if you are 100% sure you are ready for slin and you have done your research then why dont you start out with 2x a week dose(start low 5ius)and switch it up every week so that all your body parts get a shot with insulin post workout?

p.s. if you are looking for the quick answer,you would stick with the workouts that put the most stress on your body and therefore would require the most recovery,which would most likely be your back and leg days.......

Last edited:
Slin will help your body assimilte nutrients, it doesn't have to be 6iu's either..if you are using gh then it can cause higher glucose levels and insulin resistance, using a few IU before meals is a good thing, because High glucose levels is a bad thing and will lead to Diabetes type2..so you can save yourself from becoming type2 buy using small amounts of slin before meals.
you pancrease can only work so hard for so long, and if you eat alot of carbs, then you can take some burden off the pancrease buy using a few iu..not 6..and for gods sake if yer gonna use slin ..get a glucose monitor so you can learn how it affects your blood sugar..using smaller amounts with meals and then a proper post work out dose will niot cause you to become diabetic, in fact it could save you from it if used correctly..this is my opinion basd ion the info I have studied, others may not come to the same conclusion, but all organs don't stop working when you take replacement hormones that they provide,

So with this 2-3x per week protocol, do you recommend taking breaks still? For example if using slin for a 16week bulker, should you do 2-3x per week througout the whole thing or use 2-3x per week for 1month on/1off/1on/1off,etc......

Also do you think its possible to cause permanent damage if using slin 5x per week for 1month on/1off/1on/1off or maybe 6weekson/6off/etc....? It just seems like your not gonna grow as much using it only 2x per week opposed to using it 5-6x per week, taking 1month on/1off breaks.

I have asked this time and time again: does anyone know of anyone who became diabetic (especially insulin dependent type1) from using insulin? I haven't seen one first hand account through all my years on the boards.

Regarding "pancreas burnout" and insulin preventing it: I don't buy this really. I know Milos has said many times that insulin would prevent this (using insulin is healthier than not using it after workouts when consuming a lot of simple carbs) but does anyone know of a person whose pancreas "burned out"?? Type 2 diabetics' insulin levels are sky high - obviously the problem is with sensitivity being down, not pancreas burnout.

Last edited:
KillerStack said:
I have asked this time and time again: does anyone know of anyone who became diabetic (especially insulin dependent type1) from using insulin? I haven't seen one first hand account through all my years on the boards.

Regarding "pancreas burnout" and insulin preventing it: I don't buy this really. I know Milos has said many times that insulin would prevent this (using insulin is healthier than not using it after workouts when consuming a lot of simple carbs) but does anyone know of a person whose pancreas "burned out"?? Type 2 diabetics' insulin levels are sky high - obviously the problem is with sensitivity being down, not pancreas burnout.

most type 2 diabetics become type one after years of thier pancrease oversecreeting insulin..ie: pancrease burn out..i have never heard of anyone becoming insulin dependent from using insulin when they dont need it..
first thing a type 2 would want to do is go very low carb low cal fo ra couple weeks, to depleete the cells of nutrients so that the insulin receptors get a break and th epancrease gets a break..then moderatly add carbs and use insulin to help the body deal with the carbs..
People think that becoming Diabetic is so bad cause they have to use insulin the rest of thier lives...thats the good news as far as im concered...going blind, losing toes, legs arms to reduced blood flow and death are really the problems of diabetes, not the iunsulin,,problems with most diabetics is that they eat huge amounts of processed carbs and then use high doses of insulin to correct blood sugar, and the AMA teches them hopw to do this, fuckin idiots...how bout not eating so many shitty foods that raise your blood sugar and then you don't need to OD on slin to get your blood sugar down...the crap they advise people to eat is amazing..my mom is type 2, they tell her to use peanut butter on white toast...WTF??? yeah thats healthy for her, low glycimeic too huh??? between the suagar in the PB and the bread, and the trans fats in both..its no wonder she can't controll her sugar levels, and they call these people nutrionists...you gotta be kidding me, what are they learing from textbooks written in 1950??? how about telling them to eat "REAL PEANUT BUTTER" and Whole Grain Bread made without sugar and high fructose syrup.. or how about teling them to eat non processed foods instead of the food companies science projects that are desinged to be addictive and make people FAT!!! cause fat people eat more of thier shit!!!
I could go on more but you get the point..this shit really pisses me off.. abunch of brainless assholes running the FDA and AMA and killing more people every year with thieir "GOOD" advice..

compleete bullshit, same thing w thyriod..bullshit old wifes tales and people spouting shit from their mouths..most peole who spout this shit have never read one article on the subject and know absoltly nothing abouty it, they ar etalking birds.. repeating what they have heard from some other non informed shit mouth...
Using insulin can save you from ever becoming diabetic!!!! th emore you keep your blood sugar at lower levels ie:75-100 the ehaltier you will be..high blood sugar does damage to your body...the key as far as I'm concerened is use insulin to controll your blood sugar. and 3-5 iu per meals depending on carb intake will do that, and then using it post workout with higher carbs depending on your current goals is also a good thing, it pushes those nutrients into your cells, the key is don't over do the carbs, High insulin and High glucose levels together will fuck you up right quick..

sorrry for the rant but this stuff really pisses me off

CRYPTASM

come on,dont hold back.tell us how you REALLY feel.........no,j/k,, i feel the same way about the FDA and AMA bunch of idiots affecting so many lives.its scary what people will listen to because the think its coming from"experts"

cryptasm said:
most type 2 diabetics become type one after years of thier pancrease oversecreeting insulin..ie: pancrease burn out..i have never heard of anyone becoming insulin dependent from using insulin when they dont need it..
As far as I know pancreas burnout is due to the high blood glucose being toxic to the beta cells, not that it burns out because it has to secrete so much. That's why, like you say, insulin use in severe type2 will save your pancreas and sometimes you can come off the insulin if you get your lifestyle under control i.e. lose weight generally.
Using insulin can save you from ever becoming diabetic!!!!
Yes but I think a bodybuilder who eats so much and uses so many drugs that he has to use insulin to bring down BG should evaluate what he is doing with his diet and drugs. Adding more insulin will not help the resistance any.
I think a healthy BBs pancreas can handle the load from a somewhat normal diet. Then again maybe if you eat 1000-1500 grams of carbs every day and use a ton of GH the situation becomes different.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws