over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whats you favorite lower lat exercise

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you guys find hits your lower lats the best ?

Ive been doing moderate weight bent over rows with dumbells (both arms at once)
Heavy single arm bent rows , close grip pull downs and wide grip weighted pull ups.

Id stopped doing heavy dead lifts as it was making my ass bigger but was thinking abiut adding back in racked deads to just focus on the upper half of the lift

Single arm seated cable rows.

I let my lat really stretch and then bring it back and pull it down and it really squeezes the lower lat.

John Meadows posted this movement too, I did it just to see how it feels. It felt great.

[ame=http://youtu.be/LjjCyjY9tGw]Thibaudeau kayak rows - YouTube[/ame]

put one end of a barbell in the corner, load weights on the other end (I use 25's or 35's for extra ROM) put the Close Grip V Handle under the barbell, brace yourself up/back and row

old school but I love this exercise, I do it every back workout and really feel it pulling and contracting that lower lat area

Any kind of close grip chin or pulldown with a neutral or palms facing me grip. I feel a lot more stretch all the way down to low lats like this.

Also with the 2 hand DB rows, if you keep your elbows close to your body should work your whole lat better.

Seated low cable rows work too, but look up "stretchers", from john meadows. They are a lot like the 45 degree rows gironda had people do.

the one you can use the heavies weight ofcourse

THANKS D for drilling that into my head Im a stubborn bastard

Suitcase row

Meadows rows, smith machine barbell row, dumbbell dead stop row, cable rows. And even for me tbar rows in a corner

Im supprised at the lack of deadlifts!!!

When i do realy heavy deads my whole back seems to feel it the next day but ive always done them from the ground and was thinking about swapping to doing racked deads and focusing on the lockout to take some strain off the butt and legs

I saw a video of Shelby doing some realy wide grip deads and it almost seemed as if their was a shrug at the top , gonna have to look that up

Meadows rows are a staple in my back routine. Its by far one of the best back exercises we have ever done.

Rack Pullups!!
I thought I had higher lat insertions until I started doing these. Dante (DC) had a thread about them at IM. Works really well.

Im supprised at the lack of deadlifts!!!

When i do realy heavy deads my whole back seems to feel it the next day but ive always done them from the ground and was thinking about swapping to doing racked deads and focusing on the lockout to take some strain off the butt and legs

I saw a video of Shelby doing some realy wide grip deads and it almost seemed as if their was a shrug at the top , gonna have to look that up

Reeves deadlifts I think

Rack Pullups!!
I thought I had higher lat insertions until I started doing these. Dante (DC) had a thread about them at IM. Works really well.

Rack pulls? Is that what you ment or are u talking about pull ups with feet on bench with weight on lap pull ups

Rack pulls? Is that what you ment or are u talking about pull ups with feet on bench with weight on lap pull ups

I do these every other back workout instead of weight pull ups , like a supine pull up.
I'll set a 100pound dumbell in my lap rep to fail , roll it off the crank out as many more as I can
Saw it on a DC training vid

How could I have forgot Deads! Great point Gunsmith. IMO you can't grow a complete back without some type of deads

DB rows pulling to the hip

Heavy DB deadstop rows with a pause at contraction.....awesome!

I like rack chins and rack pulls. Nothing lights up my whole back like rack pulls.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws