over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your daily Magnesium dosage?

Weird, I looked them up and can't find a chelated version nor can I find a way their dosages can equate to 900mg.

As a side note, everyone should make sure they looking at the figure that indicated chelated magnesium. For example, glycinate is often 11 or 20 ish % magnesium with the rest of it being the salt. Another example is 2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate is 144mg Magnesium(elemental)/actual.
100% People have such a hard time understanding this, never mind peoples doctors telling them to take X amount and NEVER specifying elemental vs compound weight.

I try to explain it like a Pepperoni Pizza. Yes it's a pepperoni pizza but it's NOT made of 100% pepperoni is it?

Case in point as Knight9 said:
1684535381665.jpeg so 2,500mg of magnesium bisglycinate and you are getting 250mg elemental magnesium.

Attachments

• IMG_20230519_172126.jpg
    IMG_20230519_172126.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1
Zero, gives me wild insomnia. I've tried almost everything to make it work like different types and b-vitamins, etc. I'm sure I'm low in magnesium just because I get overtraining symptoms all the time and feel like shit often after hard workouts but not after hard cardio sessions.

Weird, I looked them up and can't find a chelated version nor can I find a way their dosages can equate to 900mg.

As a side note, everyone should make sure they looking at the figure that indicated chelated magnesium. For example, glycinate is often 11 or 20 ish % magnesium with the rest of it being the salt. Another example is 2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate is 144mg Magnesium(elemental)/actual.
damn you are right, i been taking doctors best high absorption mag lysinate glycinate 100% chelated for awhile, just checked the label on the back and actually paid attention, lol, serving is 200mg from 2,000mg magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate.

Not many threads about magnesium so i thought maybe we can share our daily magnesium usage and what form we use.
maybe people can take some info and use it more properly. lots of mix opinions how to take magnesium and how much dose everything from 350mg-1500mg.

I think many are following the rda recommended dosage 400-420 mg but is that really enough for us hardcore bodybuilders/fitness people?

1. What's your total daily magnesium dosage?

2. when do you take it?

3. What's your preferred magnesium form?

I can start...

1. 850mg

2. morning 200mg glycinate, post workout meal 200mg glycinate, 450mg from ZMA pre bed.

3. Glycinate easy on the stomach and best absorption rate.
Definitely glycinate

This thread got me on Magnesium L-Threonate its one of the best things I have used for mental clarity.

I’ve been taking 800mg Glycinate at bedtime to help sleep

400mg Glycinate daily, had taken threonate for the mental benefits but didn’t really see any difference.

Make your own ZMA with Zinc Picolinate... consider adding L-Theanine, Apigenin, Sensoril. ZMA is an obsolete formula from 20+yrs ago with inferior salts.

I take Magnesium L-Threonate 144-150mg typically in the morning.
350-400mg Magnesium Glycinate prior to bed - usually within 30min of my last meal. Occasionally I get into the 500-600mg range if I take 100-200mg post workout.
How much zinc do you take please. I use the solgar 22mg but wonder if that’s enough. I also do 6gr of boron. Thanks in advance

I was using 45-50mg for a long time throughout 2020-2022 but dialed it down a bit. I now take 30mg daily and usually it's 15mg picolinate and 15mg Zinc L- Carnosine with Quercefit.

As far as Boron goes, I believe the studies showing the most advantage used 9mg daily...so I'd lean more towards 9-12mg.

I was using 45-50mg for a long time throughout 2020-2022 but dialed it down a bit. I now take 30mg daily and usually it's 15mg picolinate and 15mg Zinc L- Carnosine with Quercefit.

As far as Boron goes, I believe the studies showing the most advantage used 9mg daily...so I'd lean more towards 9-12mg.
I should clarify that I take both with Quercefit, which is my choice for a highly effective quercetin. The purpose of quercetin here is to get the zincs into the cells to halt any sort of viral replication. Quercetin allows easy transport into cells.

Zinc Picolinate - Thorne Research
Zinc L-Carnosine - Gastro Ease(LEF), or PepZinGI (Doctor's Best)

Not many threads about magnesium so i thought maybe we can share our daily magnesium usage and what form we use.
maybe people can take some info and use it more properly. lots of mix opinions how to take magnesium and how much dose everything from 350mg-1500mg.

I think many are following the rda recommended dosage 400-420 mg but is that really enough for us hardcore bodybuilders/fitness people?

2. when do you take it?

1. 850mg

2. morning 200mg glycinate, post workout meal 200mg glycinate, 450mg from ZMA pre bed.

3. Glycinate easy on the stomach and best absorption rate.
Cool to see a post regarding magnesium intake! There are many people that are deficient in magnesium. I personally take Magtein Magnesium L Threonate. Taken twice a day once in the morning and once prior to bed. I'm a big follower of Andrew Huberman and he says L Threonate can really help with sleep quality as well as many other things.

I should clarify that I take both with Quercefit, which is my choice for a highly effective quercetin. The purpose of quercetin here is to get the zincs into the cells to halt any sort of viral replication. Quercetin allows easy transport into cells.

Zinc Picolinate - Thorne Research
Zinc L-Carnosine - Gastro Ease(LEF), or PepZinGI (Doctor's Best)
I use Thorne Zinc as well! Top quality without question

800mg Mag Glycinate in the AM
+
20-30 sprays of Mag Oil I make from Ancient Minerals Mag Flakes -- Can save TONS of money making it yourself rather than buying the spray bottles

800-1200mg

2. when do you take it?

Morning with my intra shake while I work out I like to have 400mg. Then I take 400mg before bed. And some days I will take another 400mg sometime during the day.

3. What's your preferred magnesium form?

I use to do citrate but now I am doing only glycinate. I always like to use the powder form and not the pill or tablet form so that I can mix it in my home made electrolyte drink.

Magnesium threonate. The only firm that crosses the blood brain barrier. It’s what Iv been using for a while now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131