YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your experience/opinion on Greens Formulas?

Allday

Registered
Been looking into getting a greens formula. Never considered it before because I've grown up eating a ton of veggies in a lot of varieties so never felt the need.

But every once in a while I notice that my digestion gets a little thrown off and get gassier than I'd like and through taking out and re-adding foods, I've realized it's probably from the excessive vegetables and high fiber intake.

I've read a lot about them and am going to try out a few, but just wanted to get some of your guys' experience or opinions on them. Do you notice a difference over eating vegetables or a difference if you hadn't eaten them before?

I wonder because with most every supplement I take, I really never feel any different. The only thing I've ever taken and felt something from was improved digestion while taking betaine hcl with pepsin with meals.

What brands do you use too? I actually have a greens powder from TrueNutrition (well TrueProtein at the time I got it) I mixed it cayanne powder (not pills) and heated water with a lemon squeezed in. And my god it was so potent and so awful. Don't mind drinking it as I take shots of apple cider vinegar (not in any way for fun) simply for the health benefits. But interested in hearing if there are any slightly more palatable options out there lol.

I hate veggies and don't usually eat enough carbs to warrant adding a bunch of fruit. So I originally started with the Prime Phytoform because it simply tastes awesome!!! Will credit NY Muscle for making it much better though...noticed he used it with Green Vibrance (posted a pic of his supps on his counter) and Ibegan using both and mixing them together. Green Vibrance has far more vegetable and true greens than Phytoform, but basically taste like lawn clippings. Combine them though and it tastes great. A staple in my daily regimen.

When I can't get enough veggies in (for whatever reason) I use Trader Joe's "Super Green Drink Powder". I'm far from an expert on greens powders but this one seems to have a nutrient profile very similar to the most popular powders out there. Plus the price is right and taste is decent with just a little added Stevia.

I like them and I only "feel" it the first couple of times I take it, I will get a little bit of a boost, like energy and just an overall feel good but after a few times taking I don't notice it, it's like a multi, can't notice them.
Mine tastes horrible lol, I might try Prime's phytoform next.

I love taking the greens formula , especially when off cycle , but if I have the option I prefer using whole fruits and veggies and just making some awesome shakes, and even than sometimes I'll still add in a scoop or two of the formula. I need to get better at using it during cycle but I always opt for protein powder or something more calorie dense since the greens formula keeps me so satiated.

I posted this up on a low carb group the other day...I hate veggies and I need them and fiber on low carb. I use the following alternating some of the stuff but the green product and phyofotm I use every day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449245508931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449245508931.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 180
Now there's this new flavor of the month that people start posting how we don't need fiber and reference some quack who sells a book on amazon plus supplements. Don't fall for it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I've been thinking about getting some kind of greens for a while as I just never take the time to purchase and cook vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Muscle, do you think the Prime Vegi is a good product? The only reason I ask is it does not really show the breakdown of how much of each indigent is has. Is it something you can drink on its own?

NY Muscle, do you think the Prime Vegi is a good product? The only reason I ask is it does not really show the breakdown of how much of each indigent is has. Is it something you can drink on its own?

No its basic at best. I use it for its flavor nothing more.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I tend to notice a boost in energy/vitality but thats about it. Although it should help with skin/appearance over time (especially if you don't have any greens before using).

Don't know why the picture came out the way it did, but I use this greens supplement. Doesn't taste all that bad actually.

uploadfromtaptalk1449285461232.jpg

**broken link removed**

Sent from my LG-D850

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear