over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your favorite NSAID?

I used Ibuprofen at times and it seems to help very little. My go to is Aleve, Naproxen. I guess everybody is different because I see others on here have no results with Naproxen and yet it seems to be the only OTC pain killer that works for me.

I feel absolutely nothing on either tylenol, aleve or aspirin.

A glass of water probably is more helpful to my aches than any of these. I take a combo of dipyrone, caffeine and isometheptene mucate and I'm ready to do anything in 20 minutes.

I feel absolutely nothing on either tylenol, aleve or aspirin.

A glass of water probably is more helpful to my aches than any of these. I take a combo of dipyrone, caffeine and isometheptene mucate and I'm ready to do anything in 20 minutes.

I have that too at times as far as no NSAID feeling like it works. Tylenol is absolute crap for me, nothing. Ibuprofen isn't much better for me.

Heck, when I had my hernia surgery they gave me hydrocodone and it didn't help much and then they gave me oxycodone. The oxy helped quite a bit but I ended up taking the dose more frequently than recommended.

Last edited:
I have that too at times as far as no NSAID feeling like it works. Tylenol is absolute crap for me, nothing. Ibuprofen isn't much better for me.

Heck, when I had my hernia surgery they gave me hydrocodone and it didn't help much and then they gave me oxycodone. The oxy helped quite a bit but I ended up taking the dose more frequently than recommended.

Crazy ain't it?

I tried a couple of percocets when my ex-wife had surgery as she raved about it and barely got anything.

A dipyrone or a buscopan shot is like instant miracle.

Ever took IV buscopan BTW? Oh boy, that's good.

Crazy ain't it?

I tried a couple of percocets when my ex-wife had surgery as she raved about it and barely got anything.

A dipyrone or a buscopan shot is like instant miracle.

Ever took IV buscopan BTW? Oh boy, that's good.

No, not even sure what that is. Strongest thing I ever had was Dilaudid which they gave me during my heart attack. That crap made me so sick that I puked like that scene from The Exorcist. Pissed me off too because I wasn't even having any pain from the heart attack and they made things so much worse by making me sick. I guess it must be protocol to give heart attack patients that crap. I got really dizzy, the whole room was spinning around.

Pain relief was good with a cortisone shot.

Hopefully those drug you mention didn't make you sick like what happened to me. It was a terrible experience.

Last edited:
No, not even sure what that is. Strongest thing I ever had was Dilaudid which they gave me during my heart attack. That crap made me so sick that I puked like that scene from The Exorcist. Pissed me off too because I wasn't even having any pain from the heart attack and they made things so much worse by making me sick. I guess it must be protocol to give heart attack patients that crap. I got really dizzy, the whole room was spinning around.

Pain relief was good with a cortisone shot.

Hopefully those drug you mention didn't make you sick like what happened to me. It was a terrible experience.

No, no sickness. Just a whole new level of feel good and pain free.

This is it:

Buscopan®

I only found it vet in the USA, maybe it's not approved for humans over there.

I woke up one night with the worst headache one can have. Literally crying out like a baby and feeling like my head was going to explode.

I was a teen, so my mom rushed me to the ER and they did an IV buscopan shot. The whole thing was gone in like 30 seconds. Then I just felt in peace like never before. Crazy...

Dipyrone shots are pretty painful, but the worst headache will be history in 3 to 5 minutes. The pain from the injection subsides in minutes as well.

they gave you OXY for hernia surgery...???!!!!!

wtf....

:confused:

they gave you OXY for hernia surgery...???!!!!!

wtf....

:confused:

Started out with the hydrocodone and it didn't touch the pain so I called in and they went up another rung on the ladder and got me the oxycodone.

I had 3 hernias repaired at once. One umbilical and two inguinal. It was the umbilical that hurt really bad, the 2 inguinal hernias weren't so bad. I am pretty good at pain so it wasn't just me being a wimp. I think the big difference was that the inguinal hernias were repaired using the scope but he did open on the umbilical because he said there would be less chance of it reoccurring if he did it open. So he patched me up the old fashioned way on the umbilical hernia.

I don't know what the big deal is about oxycodone because even it didn't take away all of the pain. I guess rec users must take much much more than the therapeutic dose.

After losing a kidney to cancer last year, doctors told me not to touch NSAIDS since they are metabolized by the kidneys and cause the blood vessels in your kidneys to constrict making it harder for them to do their job. Something to think about if you take a lot of NSAIDS. Even more so if high blood pressure is in the equation.

Last edited:
I like Aleve or those BC powders. The back and pain one I like the best. The arthritis one is good too

Last edited:
Started out with the hydrocodone and it didn't touch the pain so I called in and they went up another rung on the ladder and got me the oxycodone.

I had 3 hernias repaired at once. One umbilical and two inguinal. It was the umbilical that hurt really bad, the 2 inguinal hernias weren't so bad. I am pretty good at pain so it wasn't just me being a wimp. I think the big difference was that the inguinal hernias were repaired using the scope but he did open on the umbilical because he said there would be less chance of it reoccurring if he did it open. So he patched me up the old fashioned way on the umbilical hernia.

I don't know what the big deal is about oxycodone because even it didn't take away all of the pain. I guess rec users must take much much more than the therapeutic dose.

Ya know I have a theory about pain meds. It's kinda like cigarettes. They put shit in them to make you have more pain. I got cut off my pain meds and I was pill sick for a couple of weeks but after time I have no more pain. I was getting more and more ailments on Vicodin to be specific. Even what I was taking the pain for my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore.... I hate the medical industry always treating the symptoms not the cause. Sure there's no money in the cure. FDA.... Ever think about that? The Food and Drug Administration. They make the food that makes you sick so you need there drugs. Fascinating conspiracy theory!

Ya know I have a theory about pain meds. It's kinda like cigarettes. They put shit in them to make you have more pain. I got cut off my pain meds and I was pill sick for a couple of weeks but after time I have no more pain. I was getting more and more ailments on Vicodin to be specific. Even what I was taking the pain for my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore.... I hate the medical industry always treating the symptoms not the cause. Sure there's no money in the cure. FDA.... Ever think about that? The Food and Drug Administration. They make the food that makes you sick so you need there drugs. Fascinating conspiracy theory!

Well, I think as you take the pain meds you become tolerant to them and need a higher and higher dose to get the same relief, so that after awhile it seems like they do nothing. Strange though how you felt no pain after getting off. Perhaps whatever injury you had healed up.

I love the pain control of NSAIDs but avoid them unless absolutely needed because of their kidney and heart toxicities. Lately they have paradoxically been linked to increase heart attacks despite their blood thinning effects. (Except aspirin)

It's been hypothesized that naproxen has the least cardio toxicity out of all, which is my first go too. Some sports doc swear by mobic or
Meloxicam because it had a long half life and they feel like it leads to better anti inflammatory activity.

Well, I think as you take the pain meds you become tolerant to them and need a higher and higher dose to get the same relief, so that after awhile it seems like they do nothing. Strange though how you felt no pain after getting off. Perhaps whatever injury you had healed up.

This is true. I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before.
Yea I took it for my cracked shoulder blade. I was on Vicodin for a couple of years. It may have healed very true. Within that time my wrists started to hurt. I grew heal spurs that were very painful. I was just about to have surgery to file them down. I got cut off my script over an argument with a he nurse for calling in my script wrong. It was the 4th of July weekend and I was just suppose to go down Stairs to the pharmacy and pick them up but he called them in after the weekend and wouldn't fix it. I didn't have any. I was in pain and not in the best of moods. He cut me off.. He wouldn't let me speak to the Dr.. I tried making appointments but the nurses all ganged up on me and always cancelled my appointments. I always,wondered if the Dr. knew what they did.... I wanted to beat that dudes ass so bad. All he had to do is call and fix it but no he had to be a dick! Maybe a blessing in disguise.. My wrists I thought I had carpal tunnel went away. My heal spurs gone too. I never got surgery. My shoulder that hurt all the time didn't hurt at all. This was all shortly after getting off. Coincidence IDK??

I don't take NSAID very often, but when I do, I always take BABY ASPIRIN!

There's betamethasone dipropionate shots too. Extremely efficient for a sore throat or when nothing works for back pain.
My wife's brother in law suffers with severe back pain. He had surgery a few summers ago, and it might have helped some, but not much. He told me that he takes 800mg of ibuprofen 3X every day as it is the only drug that provides any meaningful relief and he's a PHARMACIST! I've read that prolonged use may cause cardiac issues, but that's a tough spot to be in (chronic pain).

My wife's brother in law suffers with severe back pain. He had surgery a few summers ago, and it might have helped some, but not much. He told me that he takes 800mg of ibuprofen 3X every day as it is the only drug that provides any meaningful relief and he's a PHARMACIST! I've read that prolonged use may cause cardiac issues, but that's a tough spot to be in (chronic pain).

There are several drugs that are extremely common in other areas of the world and never heard of in the US.

Almost every household in Brazil will have dipyrone, diclofenac, buscopan and some anthelmintic in the med cab, but you probably haven't ever seen some of these.

Betamethasone shots work and work well. Several athletes can barely walk before a competition and take these locally to be ready the next day.

I guess it's called diprolene, diprosene or something.

And I do like advil. Took like 10 every 6 hours when I had a bad toothache years ago.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws