advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats your favorite tasting protein that is low in carbs?

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
instead of eating peanut butter, or some un-healthy snack when im craving some thing. Lately I have just been using good tasting protein, blended with crushed ice/splenda, and its kind of like a frosty. I was wondering what are some good tasting protein powders you guys can recommend that are low carb enough to have in the middle of the night/before bed.

These are a couple I'm currently using that I like
1) MRM low carb Vanilla
2) PVR Peanut butter whey
3) EAS carb sense chocolate (this one is just okay)

Is there any thing else you guys have tried that you think taste really good? My Protein powder of choice is still Optimum nutrition 100% whey, but its not that good tasting, probably because its so healthy. The 3 I listed have a small ammount of fat < 3grams. I will use the optimum when I need a shake and the others when I want some thing that taste good.

Dave_19 said:
instead of eating peanut butter, or some un-healthy snack when im craving some thing. Lately I have just been using good tasting protein, blended with crushed ice/splenda, and its kind of like a frosty. I was wondering what are some good tasting protein powders you guys can recommend that are low carb enough to have in the middle of the night/before bed.

These are a couple I'm currently using that I like
1) MRM low carb Vanilla
2) PVR Peanut butter whey
3) EAS carb sense chocolate (this one is just okay)

Is there any thing else you guys have tried that you think taste really good? My Protein powder of choice is still Optimum nutrition 100% whey, but its not that good tasting, probably because its so healthy. The 3 I listed have a small ammount of fat < 3grams. I will use the optimum when I need a shake and the others when I want some thing that taste good.

Otimum whey doesn't taste good not because it's healthy but because it's shit quality. If truly they met label claims (no fillers) then they miracoulosly retail the powder for less than it would cost to manufacture :rolleyes:

Try a tub of SynthePURE - 0.7% carbs, 0.3% fats.

evopro by cytosport. same formula/taste as musclemilk minus the fat

Big A said:
Otimum whey doesn't taste good not because it's healthy but because it's shit quality. If truly they met label claims (no fillers) then they miracoulosly retail the powder for less than it would cost to manufacture :rolleyes:

Here are a few:

Synthepure (mixed with some crystal light or something like that)
Met Max by Champion Nutrition
Sci Fit Whey Complex Cookies n Cream Flavor

nolenut said:
Edge 250,
You hiding a good drink form us?

i am so suprised this "evopro" hasnt caught on, nobody seems to know about it. everyone loves the tast of muscle milk but who the hell wants that much fat, essential fats are fine but look at the saturated content. evopro is the exact same protein as muscle milk, exact same taste without the added fat content. the cookies and creme is really really good.

I will be getting some today.

I have noticed with Muscle Milk the vanilla stays clumpy when mixed has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
Sythapure is by far best- no taste and mixes excellent. BUT it is expensive and shpping to U.S. adds more $$$- if you buy other synthatek products at the same time, it makes more sense as the shipping is amortized. So I'll order some Syntergine, etc along with a few tubs of Sythepure to make it cost effective.

trueprotein is my fav when ordering just protein, as you can mix anything with any flavor, any sweetner, add digestive enzymes, etc. The Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated is my pre- and post-wo favorite.

EVOPRO:

Description
NATURE'S PERFECT PROTEIN - The Perfect Complement to Your Low Carb Diet

26g Protein
3g L-Glutamine
Only 2g Carbs
Low Saturated Fat
Micellar Caseins
More Complete Than Whey
Added Glutamine Peptides

THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE MUSCLE MILK FAMILY

EVOPRO™ is the protein inside famous MUSCLE MILK; the world's best tasting, ultimate lean muscle formula. EVOPRO contains the same powerful protein, while limiting the fats and carbohydrates. EVOPRO was formulated by the ultimate protein designer, NATURE, to be maximally anabolic and anti-catabolic. CytoSport believes EVOPRO is the most powerful, clinically complete, perfect protein ever available.

STOKE YOUR FAT BURNING FURNACE
Four or five small servings during the day are the ideal way to stay anabolic all day long. Never hungry, more energetic. Combining this small portion technique with resistance and weight training will help promote lean muscle mass, the very element crucial to burning stubborn, stored fat.

WAKE UP SLEEPING GROWTH RRECEPTORS
Studies show that growth factors found in mother's milk can wake up inborn growth receptors, even in adults. These growth receptors, which help boost immunity and growth in infants, are "turned on" to exert anabolic metabolism. Whether you're 4 or 44, these growth receptors are ready to be awakened, and lactose free EVOPRO is the best way.

BEATS WHEY ALONE
Whey is great ! however, it is only part of mother's milk - the gold standard anabolic formula. CytoSport believes (so does Nature) that whey works best when complexed with micellar casein. That's why mother's milk contains both. A popular misconception, touted mostly by the whey guys, is that whey is better because it is absorbed faster. In fact, it is a casein fraction that empties from your stomach after ingestion, not whey. In total, whey is faster acting, while micellar casein releases protein, peptides, and aminos over a longer period of time. Together, whey and casein provide protein coverage superior to either whey or casein individually.

OPEN YOUR ANABOLIC WINDOW
An anabolic window is a period of time in which potential for recovery and muscle growth is greatest. When the window is open, protein synthesis and muscle growth can occur. Positive nitrogen balance and IFG-I are at their peak. When the window closes, you go into negative nitrogen balance and a catabolic state. EVOPRO keeps your anabolic window open longer by delivering the ultimate protein team - whey and micellar caseins.

THE POWER OF PEPTIDES
Glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in human milk, is also high in EVOPRO at three grams per serving. Glutamine protects muscle, improves recovery, boosts immunity and more. CytoSport takes glutamine a step further by including Glutamine Peptides in addition to free form L-Glutamine. Glutamine peptides have been shown to greatly increase absorption compared to this amino in its free form.

BIO NOTES
An important note about micellar caseins, L-glutamine, and lactoferrin. CytoSport researchers believe, and there is significant scientific agreement in support of the fact, that these intact, native, non-denatured, bioactive milk components, as they are included here in EvoPro, offer maximum bioavailability and lean muscle supporting benefits.

Intense exercise causes a dramatic rise in free radicals and a simultaneous depletion of the amino acid pool, particularly L-glutamine. These events cause inflammation, damage to muscle tissue, protein catabolism, and fatigue. Lactoferrin helps your body fight free radical damage, while the rich, extended amino acid pool concentration, supported by micellar caseins and an abundance of L-glutamine, assure the availability of these nutrients critical to muscle tissue repair and recovery.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1.00 level Scoop ( 32.00 grams )
Servings per container: 32.00

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 140.00

Calores from Fat 25.00

Total Fat 3.00 grams 5%

Saturated Fat 0.50 grams 3%

Trans Fat 0.00 grams

Cholesterol 5.00 mg 1%

Total Carbohydrate 2.00 grams 1%

Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 3%

Sugars 0.00 grams

Protein 26.00 grams 52%

Vitamin A 0.00 IU 0%

Vitamin C 0.00 mg 0%

Calcium 150.00 mg 15%

Iron 0.00 mg 0%

Phosphorus 80.00 mg 8%

Magnesium 20.00 mg 5%

Sodium 90.00 mg 4%

Potassium 135.00 mg 4%

DYMATIZE ISO100

I use ON Pro Complex (vanilla) and mix it with a packet of sf/ff pudding as directed on the box.

2 cups cold water
pudding powder
2 scoops protein powder

mix in the blender for a minute and you won't even know you have something good for you. :)

thanks for all the replies, I'm going to try some of these like the Evopro, I know muscle milk taste great but has so much damn fat. I will order some.

ALRI - lipolytic whey
Extreme Labs- lean mass

OR T---P-----.C-- fill in the blanks

Muscle milk is garbage. If you guys knew what many companies do and how they make protein for many other brands and retailers you would be shocked. Big A knows what Im talking about. His Synthapure looks great as well.

Well, it's not zero carb, but it is low carb, I'd have to
say Ultra Size by Beverly is the best taste wise I've ever
had.

It's very fine and kind of sloppy to deal with though.

Big A said:

fillers?...what do they put in?...does it really have the declared mg/protein/serving?...thanks for any info

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131