over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your home defense weapon

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
And do you have young children in the house.

yes, kids in the house. I have a HK 45 and two pit bulls and assorted weapons strategically placed in the house.

An arsonal. LOL. I have a safe full of firearms but my easy access home defense is a springfield 1911A1 .45 cal. I have a 13 year old boy who is educated and respectful of firearms and knows to treat all guns as if they are loaded. I live in a lawful open carry state and in my profession, it is advisable to pack heat. My carry weapon is a H&K USP tactical 9mm. When my day is done, it is not uncommon for my gun to be laying out in the open (on the table or something) and my son is used to it so basically pays no mind. I have a baby on the way so a few things will need to change when she comes with regard to putting the gun up.

Home Defense

40.caliber handgun, 12gauge security shotgun with 8 rounds. A couple of hunting rifles. A nice big can of Grizzly Bear Pepper Spray. I keep all the big guns in a nice big safe in our walkin closet and the handgun in a small safe in the top drawer of my night stand. Its thumbprint activated, it will only take my wife and my thumbprint to open it. ADT for the perimeter. I hate zombies; they scare the hell out of me!

I live in a great area and I own multiple guns...It's the 'just in case' factor. I frequent the range and classes and I will not be F'd with. I have no kids yet. My dogs would take a chunk out of an individual but, they're really just one supplement to my alarm system as I have cameras too(Everything is recorded online).

Last edited:
What was the price tag on that gun?

i paid a little over $400 for it. I have seen them online for around $300 but for my state i would have to pay a licensed dealer to accept delivery for it. so i just bought one outright from the gun center.

For real, practical home defense (and not bragging or looking cool) a simple semi-auto shotgun can't be beat. Do a quick search on google and many well written articles will confirm and tell you why.

im a fan of the pump action shotgun, the sound itself will send them running, but if it doesnt, id much rather shoot a guy with a shotgun if i have to shoot to kill, something about shotguns... gotta love em.

I have guards surrounding my house armed with top of the line equipment, and even have one guard in a tower during the night with a spot light, as part of my security, along with land sensors, electric gates/fence, cameras, dogs, and whatever I have in my house. The front gate has a 5 foot thick/deep concrete/brick wall with iron/steel gates so that people cannot just ram themselves through. They have to pass through the security guards, and have to phone in who is present for admission.

There's a few other things too.

BMJ

Living in Tokyo...no need for that shit and stress that goes with it.

Ill just name my favorite guns that I would use depending on the situation

HK USP .45 Compact
S&W .44 Magnum (nickel plated cause i am that cool :))
Uzi 9mm carbine
AK47 (wasr-10)
Ruger Deer rifle
Mossberg Pump Action Persuader

among others.

I livein PA so i carry, especially since i live in Philly... I just hope I never have to use them

willing to hurt whom ever comes into my house even at th risk of my life.to me guns r for pussy,and in most cases u cant get to em in time unless ur alway carring em.u just hv to live smart.me i,m from th street so if someone stupied enough to come into my place plz do so for i wont let someone walk back out.like i said just be smart and dont get stupied u should be ok,but hving a gun just asking to get hurt,take this from someone whom been stuck on th street befor, and ull be so surprised on how often th one with th gun misses,r get ther own gun taken from em,i can tell u so many stores, enjoy ur gun on th gun ranges thn lock em upat home when ur not useing em

Mossberg 930 autoloader
FN 5.7
FN P90
S&W 460
Glock model 22 .40cal
No kids and a substantial amount of ammo.
I carry a weapon with me everywhere.

Last edited:
I'm in the UK so no guns allowed i'm afraid i'll just set the missus on them i'd rather face a gun than her:D

Thanks

Im surprised at all the handguns. Personally, I own an arsenal, I just shot my moss 500 with an ati stock with slugs. The recoil ripped my light stream laser/light right off of the rail. That gun lost a lot of it's charm. Maybe bird shot, cuz 00 ain't no fun to shoot either. Although in a home defense situation recoil shouldn't matter with a shot gun, unlike a pistol.

But I'm a lousy shot so I'm leaning towards the shot gun. But I have an assortment of pistols and revolvers, an AR 15 (maybe frangible rounds??) and an m1a if I want to shoot the bad guy and hopefully get my pain in the ass neighbor too. :)

I have a model 94 30/30 that I'm most comfortable with. Hey, why not? Plus a rotty, I'm geared up and I have a pug who gets very annoyed if you wake her up at night. She makes these scary snorting noises.

But back to reality. The pistol idea certainly seems like the most convenient option. But have you read the stats on how often one scores hits. Very rare, and I have a friend who works special forces for the UN, he's an Aussie and he has seen all kinds of shit, has watched friends die, real movie type stuff.

He says in the dark, when you are awoken an startled , and you are trying to hit a moving target who is hiding behind objects and shooting back, a pistol is not his weapon of choice. And he is better than anyone reading this. Well, when he isn't stoned.

And I have a sub 2000 in .40. It was $339, but by the time I walked out of the store it was $403. I bought it in Virginia. Although I lived in NJ at the time, and now I live in Atlanta.

Last edited:
willing to hurt whom ever comes into my house even at th risk of my life.to me guns r for pussy,and in most cases u cant get to em in time unless ur alway carring em.u just hv to live smart.me i,m from th street so if someone stupied enough to come into my place plz do so for i wont let someone walk back out.like i said just be smart and dont get stupied u should be ok,but hving a gun just asking to get hurt,take this from someone whom been stuck on th street befor, and ull be so surprised on how often th one with th gun misses,r get ther own gun taken from em,i can tell u so many stores, enjoy ur gun on th gun ranges thn lock em upat home when ur not useing em

This is just funny...:rolleyes: How foolish some can be. You can barley communicate no less operate a firearm. Crawl back under your rock tough guy.

Edit: Colt Carbine w/ 75TAP in 5.56.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner