advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your other big hobby or interest?

Nerd stuff... Star Wars, Transformers, Masters of the Universe...
I've still got most of the original vintage Star Wars Toys from when I was a kid in the 70s. I sold a few things though. Got some rare pieces. Kept most of the boxes too.

MMA, PC parts and dreaming of one day having 10K for a setup of my dreams, and finding a new job bc my benefits from the megacorporation that owns my play of employ wants money for last time I quit for the rest of the year even though coverage was cancelled.

Beautiful snake. And yes, hue can be due to locality (think color / camouflage).

Another one of my many regrets is that I did not venture out of Sonoma County
to capture other types of rattlesnakes. Guess I still could but I have too many
competing interests at the moment.

Yes. correct on who they typically kill. Further, there are more lies and misconceptions
about rattlesnakes than perhaps another creature on God's green earth . . . like they
are immune to their own bites, smaller ones (babies?) more venous than larger ones,
etc. All and more not true.

And some rattlesnakes are more 'venomous' than others if memory serves as are certain
species more aggressive (this is true).

All animals 'telegraph' there intent if you know what to look for . . . elephants by their ears,
a rattlesnake by their tongue, etc. . . . having been on the receiving end of those two and
others. I remember once in Yosemite NP (yes, in the park) coming across a rattlesnake
and I promptly showed my wife that I could tell her exactly when it was going to strike.
(When my wife was hiking the PCT, she came across one on the snow at a higher elevation.)
It is easy once you know what to look for. Like I said, all animals do this, as do human
beings.

Will post up shortly some very interesting rattlesnake fotos of a man in his younger days
you might recognize. It's a quiz ;)

I'd love, love to critter hunt in Sonoma County. Here, you're mostly going to run across copperheads (astonishing camouflage), Canebrake rattlers (lighter colored subspecies of the Timber, actually a fairly timid rattler but one of the most venomous), Eastern diamondback (scarce but coming back, jaw dropping animals; head as big as your fist and as big around as your leg), cottonmouth (mean fuckers lol) and the more scarce dusky pygmy rattler and Eastern coral snake. I've only ever seen one coral snake in the wild, then came close finding a similarly scarce scarlet kingsnake while looking for corals and scorpions under the bark of old, dead trees.

I'd love, love to critter hunt in Sonoma County. Here, you're mostly going to run across copperheads (astonishing camouflage), Canebrake rattlers (lighter colored subspecies of the Timber, actually a fairly timid rattler but one of the most venomous), Eastern diamondback (scarce but coming back, jaw dropping animals; head as big as your fist and as big around as your leg), cottonmouth (mean fuckers lol) and the more scarce dusky pygmy rattler and Eastern coral snake. I've only ever seen one coral snake in the wild, then came close finding a similarly scarce scarlet kingsnake while looking for corals and scorpions under the bark of old, dead trees.

Lucky you having run across more different varieties of rattlesnakes than I have. I'm envious.

I have seen a coral snake in the wild. Probably the prettiest snake I have ever seen.

Have hunted for Gila Monsters when I was in the Southwest many times but never saw one :(

Scorpions are / were (have not looked recently) relatively easy to find around here although
I have seen a few in Tanzania. (They look different.) And have seen them in Panama, Columbia
and Venezuela. Some are very poisonous, some not so. Used to drive people crazy me turning
stuff over all the time. But that is what I did, always curious.

I remember camping at the trailhead to Notch Peak (look it up, amazing) and finding one
in our tent.

When I was on safari in Tanzania this time last year, I asked our guide if I could go snake
hunting. He said I could but it had to be with a ranger (he knew where to look) and it would
take a day and $300. I had the money but not the time. Another regret.

I did drive over a cobra on our way back to camp on a game preserve I was working at in
Kenya. We went back and got it, skinned it and roasted it over our campfire. Tasted like
and had the texture of shoe leather. Very tough. Since I knew they were in the area I
asked to be dropped off at the bridge crossing the Athi River so I could go 'critter' hunting
but never saw anything except a bunch of old carcasses, a giraffe and a zebra.

Im in Texas so we have some rattlesnakes and a ton of copperheads. One almost killed my mom btw. They gave her so much anti-venom she now cant take it bc her body rejects it and can make it worse

CyberPunk2077 in a month or two will be a full time hobby if its half as good as they say

CyberPunk2077 in a month or two will be a full time hobby if its half as good as they say
Im finishing up Farcry 5 now. Already did the main campaign. Doing the DLCs now. At this time I am into the Vietnam DLC, and it is good! Did the zombie one and it was fun, and funny. Havent started Mars yet.

I’m going through the pictures like “had it. Had it. Buddy had it. Wanted it. Had it. etc..” lol
Most everything there, except for the occasional transformers piece, came out between 2008 and now. These are all updated lines of the classic 1980s properties. So you might have had characters, but (unless you’re a recent collector) I doubt you had the new, more kickass versions! ;)

The technology they have to make toys today is ridiculous...of course, so are the prices! Most of those Transformers were $100 and up, all of the Star Wars and Marvel/DC stuff was between 60 and $150, the MOTU figures were $30 & up, and Castle Grayskull was $300 (those figures now go for upward of $150 apiece and a 2013 Castle Grayskull is typically up to $1000.)...being a nerd these days is EXPENSIVE!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Knife guys..... Want to point me in the right direction for sharpening my wustoff cook knife? I usually pay a shop to do it. Considering trying to do it myself with whetstones. I use this knife every day.

Knife guys..... Want to point me in the right direction for sharpening my wustoff cook knife? I usually pay a shop to do it. Considering trying to do it myself with whetstones. I use this knife every day.
Spyderco Sharpmaker... I collect Spyderco knives, but I’ve used this kit to put a razor edge on everything else, from a cheap Swiss Army Knife to my kitchen knives to a Leatherman to a Ka-Bar Marine knife. It’ll do the job!

Reactions: td
And although I don’t have it, Wusthof has a sharpener on Amazon for $30.

Hey td; don't know if you saw this but this in my opinion is the best set-up for
sharpening knives. This is what I use and I have tried many different diamond
laps. It is easy to learn and easy to use. Get these three grits and you are good
to go for a lifetime.

Hope this helps.

PM me if you need more info.

Reactions: td
Blades guys, too, eh? I'm not as involved as some of you, and would love to learn how to forge knives, but I'm a bit of a snob if I want a new knife. Spyderco was always my go to, I have about 20 different models, all well used. My favorite EDC of all time is probably my Endura 4 full flat grind with just FRN scales. Incredibly simple but one of the best utilitarian blades I've found, it's been in my pocket for over five years.

It's been well moved to say the least lol Gets a weekly few strokes on an ultrafine Spyderco rod, then a few hits of diamond paste. Edge stays immaculate and hair dissecting sharp. I've got plenty of nice knives, but this one is my baby

View attachment 121404
My carry folder is a paramilitary! I can cut slices of paper with it!

Have you ever built a ghost from an 80% receiver? I would like to try but I'm a little intimidated by it. I've watched some videos but I think it's harder than it looks.
You just have to go slow, take your time, use a jig that uses a router not a drill press using this method it's very easy. There's also some pretty cool new Glock ones that are out/coming out and those ones are easier and they come with The jig,

You just have to go slow, take your time, use a jig that uses a router not a drill press using this method it's very easy. There's also some pretty cool new Glock ones that are out/coming out and those ones are easier and they come with The jig,
There's also Browning 1919 build kits out there that are pretty dope. They gain value of our time the serialized part is just the plate which you can have somebody fabricate for you or they also have them for sale. You just have to convert it to semi so it's legal.

I am fanatical about UFC / MMA. I've been watching it from the beginning. Also, ex-jock turned IT nerd. It started with building PC's in 1990 and it evolved into a full fledged IT Consulting career.

Any of you knife guys have recommendations on decent pocket knife brands? I like OTFs because I can get them out and put them away one handed at work but ive had 2 in a row that the spring broke within a year.

Ive got several fixed blades and I always go ka-bar for those but not sure on pocket knives. Im leaning towards kalashnikov but open to suggestions.

Any of you knife guys have recommendations on decent pocket knife brands? I like OTFs because I can get them out and put them away one handed at work but ive had 2 in a row that the spring broke within a year.

Ive got several fixed blades and I always go ka-bar for those but not sure on pocket knives. Im leaning towards kalashnikov but open to suggestions.

If you want OTF, Microtech is the standard.

For me, if I ever want a new folder, Spyderco is always the first place I look to see what they have now. It's mostly just personal preference, Benchmade, Kershaw, Buck, Spyderco, do some shopping and if you don't just cheap out, there are lots of great options from those companies out there. Most used every day carries for me have been Spyderco Endura, Delica, Dragonfly, Manix, Stretch, Benchmade Griptilian (mini, as well), Ontario Rat 1, Zero Tolerance 0561(getting up there in price), I'm even really fond of slip joints like Case Trappers. I generally have three or four blades within reach most of the time lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear