advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your other big hobby or interest?

Also, I was a BIG car guy when I lived in the US.
I went VW -> Audi -> BMW over the years; did my own wrenching. My last car was my 330i with 19" Hamann wheels.

Living in Tokyo owning a car is a huge waste of money. I think watches fill the space for mechanical things.

IMG_8703.JPG

I’m boring. Other than work, I spend as much time with my daughter as possible and play video games after she’s in bed

Not boring at all, I wish I could spend more time with my daughter!

Not boring at all, I wish I could spend more time with my daughter!
She’s only 2 but she’s my best friend. It hit me shortly after she was born that I need her as much as she needs me. Luckily my wife isn’t the pushover because as soon she looks up at me in the eyes and says please she’s getting away with everything.

Being a good husband; a full time hobby and a priority.

Photography www.ronkoeberer.com which I still consider a hobby even if it is my profession.

Traveling the world, meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.

Hiking; trying to keep up with my wife.

Reading (subscriptions):

The Economist
The New Yorker
London Review of Books
The New York Review of Books
Harpers
The Atlantic
and a book or two a week (when the library was open).

Late at night I try and find time to stream a movie or series on my laptop (have not owned a TV in 26 years).

It helps if you require very little sleep.

Also, I was a BIG car guy when I lived in the US.
I went VW -> Audi -> BMW over the years; did my own wrenching. My last car was my 330i with 19" Hamann wheels.

Living in Tokyo owning a car is a huge waste of money. I think watches fill the space for mechanical things.

View attachment 121277

Ahh the E46

Phenomenal feel behind the wheel

Absolute nightmare of a cooling system though lol

While on the topic of other interests and hobbies; does anyone ever feel burdened by their bodybuilding? So much of it is routine with the training, dieting, and meal timing that we become almost robotic with it. Is anyone guilty of planning their life around their bodybuilding lifestyle? For example:

Do you think your other hobbies would then get more attention causing you to truly excel at them?

Have you ever been interested in a career path, but the hours were long and unpredictable and you didn't want it to interfere with your workout and meal schedule?

Do you find yourself making sure your training and diet take precedence and scheduling social events at times to accommodate them?

I'm curious to hear input on this. I love what we do, but the rigidity can burn me out sometimes. I also sometimes wonder what jobs I might've pursued if I didn't have to adhere to a schedule at all.

Ahh the E46

Phenomenal feel behind the wheel

Absolute nightmare of a cooling system though lol

Really great car, grate feel and feedback.

Cooling systems? My 1982 Audi Coupe GT hating getting stuck in Boston traffic in the summer. Had to turn the heat on to keep the engine cool. :p

My hobbies use to be... bare knuckle fighting/boxing and breeding and raising pitbulls, both ive gotten out of now that I'm older. To be honest, lifting is my only hobbie now. Would love to get back into breeding but just honestly don't have the time for it now a days and dont want to invest the money into getting the bloodlines that I want.

Used to really love Image Comics in the 90's (particularly Spawn). Since i love The Boys so much, i might have to check out the comic now. Any opinions? Also, am very close to pulling the trigger on some Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman, which I only discovered by chance from a Gwar live performance. I still have Spawn issues 1-30 and the Batman issue where Bane breaks Batman's back.

I'm not sure what you prefer but I would suggest anything by warren ellis , no hero is a favorite of mine he wrote. Very gruesome.
A few other I suggest by various artist/authors would be irredeemable , locke & key , invincible , berserker , east of west (a take on the 4 horseman of apocalypse) , the weatherman and little bird. I could list many but those stand out as good reading with great artwork.
I don't read many dc/marvel comics these days. They are lacking in imagination and story in my opinion , there are a few okay arcs tho. I still buy them just so I can collect key issues and variants but I rarely read marvel/dc.
I'm more into the indpendant publishers, boom! , Image , darkhorse , skybound , aftershock are some popular ones.

1. Shooting (combound bows, sporting clays and 3 gun/practical shooting)

2. Sport bikes ( Probably one of the most fun things you can do, feels like a drug) but ive been down too many times and ride like a moron that thinks hes immortal, my bikes just sit in the garage waiting for track day.

3. Traveling

4. Sex (I dont think this counts as a hobby hence why its nuber 4) lol

Actually looking to start back with something I love, keeping (and probably breeding) reptiles and arachnids. I had actually been doing it since I was 8 lol
Herping is cool, I wanted to breed ball pythons at one point I was building up my collection and then my girlfriend sold most of them. Now I just have 1, the first one I got.

For guys out there that want a pet but don't want to deal with the maintenance; ball pythons are by far the easiest animal to take care of that I'm aware of.

Herping is cool, I wanted to breed ball pythons at one point I was building up my collection and then my girlfriend sold most of them. Now I just have 1, the first one I got.

For guys out there that want a pet but don't want to deal with the maintenance; ball pythons are by far the easiest animal to take care of that I'm aware of.
I bred monitor lizards for a couple of years. Specifically Ackie monitors. The payout shot up when Australian banned exporting them so captive born was the only way to get them. I'd have them lay 8-10 eggs and sell the babies for around $300-$400 a piece. I had two females and a male so usually got 4 broods a year. As fast as the market developed it dropped though. I was still able to sell the breeding trio for $2400 though.

I bred monitor lizards for a couple of years. Specifically Ackie monitors. The payout shot up when Australian banned exporting them so captive born was the only way to get them. I'd have them lay 8-10 eggs and sell the babies for around $300-$400 a piece. I had two females and a male so usually got 4 broods a year. As fast as the market developed it dropped though. I was still able to sell the breeding trio for $2400 though.
Ackies are cool little guys lol like little pocket komodo dragons. We recently moved and sold allot of stuff and all the snakes sold in a couple days, were all our furniture and other stuff took weeks to months.

Makes me want to start my breeding endeavour again. They are kind of like adult pokemons, once you have one you got to have them all.

My next pet might be a white lipped python. They're just so beautiful with there iridescent skin and a face that looks like it's styled for de los Muertos (image attached)

But, All my extra money has been going to the stock market. That's the easiest/most liquid way to make money ( I'm really focusing on building up my retirement at the moment) and I have been pretty good at reading/prediting the market. Soon as I start making more money ill probally give it a shot.

Attachments

• pys3FTjdYh35e-PhcmhNHpRPNc0CM7KLe9fwqC_Vwfc.jpg
    pys3FTjdYh35e-PhcmhNHpRPNc0CM7KLe9fwqC_Vwfc.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 15
Ackies are cool little guys lol like little pocket komodo dragons. We recently moved and sold allot of stuff and all the snakes sold in a couple days, were all our furniture and other stuff took weeks to months.

Makes me want to start my breeding endeavour again. They are kind of like adult pokemons, once you have one you got to have them all.

My next pet might be a white lipped python. They're just so beautiful with there iridescent skin and a face that looks like it's styled for de los Muertos (image attached)

But, All my extra money has been going to the stock market. That's the easiest/most liquid way to make money ( I'm really focusing on building up my retirement at the moment) and I have been pretty good at reading/prediting the market. Soon as I start making more money ill probally give it a shot.
My whole thing started with my son wanting a monitor lizard when he was three. I said I would buy him one when he was 8, on his 8th birthday he reminded me.....so we bought a Savanah monitor that was about 6 or 7 inches long. Gave him to an exotic animal show when he was 5 feet long and bought the Ackie's with the hopes of them being more active and possibly breeding. At the time there were only a couple people in the entire country able to do it. I got lucky in that the only three I bought were the trio when they were babies and I got the 2:1 ratio. I lost the first few sets of eggs but once I got it dialed in it was money. Until nobody seemed to want them anymore, then I could barely give them away. They were a blast to watch though. Very docile unless you were a prey item they could eat........haha..

Taking my dog on hog hunts is my favorite way to spend a free day. Not allowed in my state for some reason. I have to make a trip down to Texas so I don't get to do it as often as I'd like to.

Is it a catch dog or bay dog.??
I grew up catching hogs , and ive been thinking about getting some dogs and getting back into it now that I have some property

Really great car, grate feel and feedback.

Cooling systems? My 1982 Audi Coupe GT hating getting stuck in Boston traffic in the summer. Had to turn the heat on to keep the engine cool. :p

I had an 03

There was a 4 month period where it would overheat every other week; I basically redid the entire cooling system one by one instead of just all at once :)

I now drive an old Toyota truck, nothing will kill that thing lol

Cars... was really into it for a while and then had a bad run, got really frustrated and swore them off. Now I'm getting the bug again. Going to pick up a new (old) Wagoneer this weekend so I can combine that with my other hobby - camping and hiking.

I also have some software/embedded hardware projects that I play around with now and then.

Very cool. Lots of herp guys here. Who knew?

When I get a chance, maybe today, I will scan and post up a photo of one of
the biggest rattlesnakes you have ever seen.

Very cool. I used to capture and raise rattlesnakes.

Arachnids too when I was in my early teens. Love scorpions. Had one that I thought
had something wrong with it, 'stuff' on it's back. Turned out to be babies.

Cool to see other herp guys on here. I grew up loving the critters everyone else hated. My real love was spiders, though. Actually was able to collect my first wild tarantula and scorpion(s) visiting my family in Missouri. I started with the 'tame' stuff, then eventually graduated to more rare and 'advanced' African and Asian species, often much faster, much more defensive and some quite a bit more toxic than your run of the mill petstore stuff. Also began my journey with some pretty sketchy ones, namely non-theraphosid mygalamorphs (trapdoor spiders, various species of funnel webs) that had a big '?' in regards to how toxic they were to humans.

My next foray will likely be fairly simple with breeding different color morphs of Giant and Godzilla Leopard Geckos. Pretty tame stuff.

One of my favorites was keeping Macrothele gigas and cousins, or the Japanese Giant Funnel Web. They both look and act a bit demonic lol No toxic studies have been done on humans, so the advice of "what happens if I get bitten?" the answer is, "don't".

Which rattlesnakes did you collect? We've seen more and more Eastern Diamondbacks, they were getting scarce for a while. At a hunting club my dad used to belong to, they killed one that was right at 8 feet, head the size of a man's hand and probably as big around as my calves are now lol Most common here are Canebrakes, which are pretty timid in comparison.

Here's Macrothele gigas

Screenshot_20201001-124853_Chrome.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws