over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whats your pre contest carb up protocol

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i know there is dozens of ways guys carb load , i was just curious how everyone's personal preference worked out for them.

Personally i take a while for me to fill out so i carb load Monday and Tuesday.

Friday two weeks out from show is last cheat meal , Colorado omelet and pancakes from I-hop up till this point I've been doing no carbs all week

Friday one week out from the show i do last real leg workout , Saturday and Sunday i do 2 sets per body part 20-30 reps per set on each muscle (except legs)

Monday ,Tuesday , Wednesday , i get six meals of 8oz lean fish , 12 asparagus spears , 1 cup white rice with 3 tablespoons Strawberry jam mixed in , this is about 80-90g carbs , 50g protein per meal. Full upper body workout each day , 2 sets of 10-12 reps for each bodypart , 15 min posing. 2.5 gallons water a day

Thursday , 12oz fish , 12-15 asparagus spears , 1 tablespoon Olive oil for 6 meals , 15min posing twice a day , 3 gallons water
Friday , meals 1-4 are same as Thursday , water is on track for 3 gallons. Weigh in at 5pm , cut water.
6:30pm , meal 5 is 10oz rib eye and 8oz sweet potatoes just sip water to get it down.
10pm , 8oz lean fish , 1 cup white rice with 3 table spoons strawberry jam
1-2 am 1 cup white rice and 3 table spoons jam when i get up to pee.
6am , 4 whole eggs , 1 cup white rice , 3 table spoons jam
prejudgeing is 8-10ish , i might eat a rice cake with some cashew butter if i get hungry.

The white rice and Jam digest really well for me and its a physiological boost because growing up poor as fuck that was a common desert.

Mine sounds similar. Slightly Lower protein last couple days and high carbs, mostly rice but I also had meal that was 1cup dry oats drizzled with honey and rice cakes and almond butter. Extremely hard to get down without water lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know there is dozens of ways guys carb load , i was just curious how everyone's personal preference worked out for them.

Personally i take a while for me to fill out so i carb load Monday and Tuesday.

Friday two weeks out from show is last cheat meal , Colorado omelet and pancakes from I-hop up till this point I've been doing no carbs all week

Friday one week out from the show i do last real leg workout , Saturday and Sunday i do 2 sets per body part 20-30 reps per set on each muscle (except legs)

Monday ,Tuesday , Wednesday , i get six meals of 8oz lean fish , 12 asparagus spears , 1 cup white rice with 3 tablespoons Strawberry jam mixed in , this is about 80-90g carbs , 50g protein per meal. Full upper body workout each day , 2 sets of 10-12 reps for each bodypart , 15 min posing. 2.5 gallons water a day

Thursday , 12oz fish , 12-15 asparagus spears , 1 tablespoon Olive oil for 6 meals , 15min posing twice a day , 3 gallons water
Friday , meals 1-4 are same as Thursday , water is on track for 3 gallons. Weigh in at 5pm , cut water.
6:30pm , meal 5 is 10oz rib eye and 8oz sweet potatoes just sip water to get it down.
10pm , 8oz lean fish , 1 cup white rice with 3 table spoons strawberry jam
1-2 am 1 cup white rice and 3 table spoons jam when i get up to pee.
6am , 4 whole eggs , 1 cup white rice , 3 table spoons jam
prejudgeing is 8-10ish , i might eat a rice cake with some cashew butter if i get hungry.

The white rice and Jam digest really well for me and its a physiological boost because growing up poor as fuck that was a common desert.

White rice and jam mixed together? How's the taste?

White rice and jam mixed together? How's the taste?

Amazing , but like i said it's a "comfort food from my childhood , BUT everyone thats tried it 2as surprised how good it was and the best part is it goes down easy with little to no water.

Amazing , but like i said it's a "comfort food from my childhood , BUT everyone thats tried it 2as surprised how good it was and the best part is it goes down easy with little to no water.

Thanks. Very good to know. I digest white rice very well, but I need a lot of it to fill out. I never thought jam would mix well with it, but I'm going to have to try it, even for my post-workout. Do you use mostly strawberry jam?

Thanks. Very good to know. I digest white rice very well, but I need a lot of it to fill out. I never thought jam would mix well with it, but I'm going to have to try it, even for my post-workout. Do you use mostly strawberry jam?

Yea , strawberries are grown down here and finding fresh homemade stuff like my mom's is easy to find.
I'm sure Smuckers in any flavor you like will work the same , i just like the home made stuff. The jam is an easy way to.double the carbs withoutadding alot of volume.

I've tried both front loading and backloading carbs and while I think a "successful" backload will blow away a good front load any day, I prefer front loads due to a larger margin of error. If you spill over, you still have some time to adjust, and you can play it safer on show day. It really depends on the individual and how they respond to certain carbohydrates and food sources, but for me the front load is the way to go. I think I'll play around with it a little more toward the tail end of my cut, in case I ever decide to step on stage again :).

I don't cut water till 8-9
I don't cut sodium at all just reduce it a bit
I carb up Wed, Thursday or only Wed and spill over doing 1000-1500g of carbs then back to 60-100g Thursday and Friday

Burger and fries Friday night worked well for me then a bagel every time I get up to pee with jam.
Morning off; eggs; turkey bacon, 2 bagels.

Bagels digest well and calorie dense

Workout wise : I don't stop working out. Cardio done on Thursday ; last pump up is Friday morning, light weight; higher rep, quick 30 min all muscle pump

Last edited:

sounds real weird but went through a period where I was making chicken and rice like a desert for my post workout meal. Added pb2 and sugar free felly to the rice and cooked ground chicken breast in cinnamon. Sometimes added a banana for extra carbs but tasted great without it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131